The eroticism of high heels disappears once they reach seven inches

Puffer

I enjoyed the article. The second paragraph and the last three really get to where I am about women and heels. At the gas station the other day I noticed a mature woman in a sundress and patent leather ballet flats and almost overfilled my gas tank. She was stunning in the simplicity of her outfit. When I think about it more mature women are going about in ballet flats and they look good in them.

I think it all depends on how they're worn. A woman who cannot handle 3" heels is as sexless as a bag lady in my opinion.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I agree on that Dr. Shoe, should I say control of poise and elegance make a woman. Watching some girl stagger around in 2" or less is almost insulting, I feel like shouting at her. Al

Great article Puffer. Thanks for posting it. I agree with the writer and Dr Shoe, that a woman who is wearing heels that are higher than she can handle is a big turn off. But the writer makes one wrong assumption - That no women can walk elegantly in heels over four inches high. The reality is that very few women can walk elegantly in heels over four inches high, but those who can are simply amazing/stunning/mind blowing.

A very good article.

Did you read the comment at the bottom ?

He says "A man who can talk like that about women's footwear is either a fetishist, gay or both"

Totally ridiculous. We can talk about women's shoes and it does not implywe are gay or fetishist.

And who cares if the writer would be gay, fetishist or both ? It simply doesn't matter !!!

...I noticed a mature woman in a sundress and patent leather ballet flats and almost overfilled my gas tank. She was stunning in the simplicity of her outfit...

I agree with you shrimper :-)

And I was not a big fan of ballet flats until a few weeks ago...Now I can't stop noticing them !

With the proper outfit (and legs), a women can look very good with ballet flats.

She can look much better than another women who doesn't walk properly in her heels...

The grace and elegence one exudes when moving about says a lot about a person's sense of presence and self-respect. Their choice of attire also gives us another dimension as to who they are and how they feel about their appearance. To use ones height as a factor for a relationship shows how immature and egotistical a person gets. Whether they wear ballet flats or extremely high heels, it is their right to choose. This writer has been the example of what society regularly does when it oversteps its boundries in trying to choose how we are to think and what people are to wear. Why can't people realize, this is a personal right according to the desires and feelings a person has. Everyone has all the same tools to build their personality. It's what they have chosen to develop that produces their individuality. Now as far as the eroticism of shoes is concerned, this is definitely a personal perspective. I can't remember who confessed their afinity for tennis shoes, but to each their own. Ever since I gazed upon a picture of some extremely high stiletto heels on comparably high platformed court shoes with pointed toes, I have often wondered what it would be like to wear them. The height of the heels were about 20 inches and the platforms were about 15.5 inches. Obviously, these pumps were not for every day wear, like the afore mentioned tennis shoes. I have a couple of stiletto platforms that are no where near that height, but they're sufficiently high enough to give me an inkling of what I could expect. So my fascination has waned a bit. A pair of these heels goes way beyond my budget and reality, but still there is that yearning and who knows some day... Probably about the same time I become a rock n roll star or an accomplished guitarist.

The reality is that very few women can walk elegantly in heels over four inches high, but those who can are simply amazing/stunning/mind blowing.

I agree with Rob. One of my former GF's was such a woman. She could make her Keds, her 6" heels, or nothing at all very sexy, all by her actions and attitude.

Bravo,Hisiletto,very nicely said.I agree with you compleatly.I know myself that I really like the of ballet flats,but not on me .I love heels and wear them everyday but not over 4 inches.You have to feel good in what your wearing.

A pair of these heels goes way beyond my budget and reality, but still there is that yearning and who knows some day....

Entire comment was "nicely put," Histiletto ! Thanks....and, I know what you mean about yearning about a pair of shoes that just might beyond reality (or budget). That's kinda the way I feel about a pair of Clichy pumps from Louboutin

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bravo,Hisiletto,very nicely said.I agree with you compleatly.I know myself that I really like the of ballet flats,but not on me .I love heels and wear them everyday but not over 4 inches.You have to feel good in what your wearing.

Entire comment was "nicely put," Histiletto ! Thanks....and, I know what you mean about yearning about a pair of shoes that just might beyond reality (or budget). That's kinda the way I feel about a pair of Clichy pumps from Louboutin

Thanks barbara and Bubba136 for your kindness. Being that this thread is about the eroticism of footwear or the lack of, I wonder if anyone would freely buy or wear a pair of shoes that didn't exude any attraction or appeal. As a guy, I have been forced to wear shoes that disgust me, but by the standards of society they were acceptable, so I wore them. When barbara commented, "You have to feel good in what your wearing", it really hit a nerve in me. When I wore my choice in footwear, there came a feeling of completeness that I had satisfied a need from who I am. "Why does this need exist?", is a question everyone has for something in their life. May be it's part of that natural drive or curiosity everyone has that makes life worth the effort.

As I said before, in order to get accepted into the social circles I became involved with, I wore the male footwear. You can probably imagine what my predicament would have been were I to show up wearing heels to my induction into the Army after receiving my draft notice. My options for training would have instantly been restricted to the infantry and then shipped to the front after my AIT, if they continued my induction procedure at all after the thorough psychological exam. Now. don't get me wrong here, I am proud to have served my country and I did my best to forward our American cause for life, liberty, and freedom for all the world. However, under the circumstances, then was not the time for me to let the world know of my desire to wear heels, mainly because I wasn't ready to receive and didn't want all the backlashing of such an exhibition. I wish male heeling was known as one of the freedom priorities we say we are protecting.

...However, under the circumstances, then was not the time for me to let the world know of my desire to wear heels, mainly because I wasn't ready to receive and didn't want all the backlashing of such an exhibition. I wish male heeling was known as one of the freedom priorities we say we are protecting.

Greatings Histiletto :-)

This is so true. I could not have it said better myself...