It looks like the Crocs fad is fading!

onyourtoes

Hooray!:penitent: Cheers! (whistle, whistle) :penitent: Applause! ;) Whoopee!;) Ding, Dong the crox are gone, the crox are gone, the crox are gone! Ding, Dong, the wicked crox are gone! (sung, of course, to the tune of "Ding, Dong the witch is dead" from "The Wizard of Oz".)

Have a happy time!

Round here you can only get them in women's sizes now...

Not sure what that means. Let's face it, most heels only come in womens' sizes too and that doesn't stop us!

But of course the ugliest high heel imaginable is several orders of magnitude nicer than crox.

Have a happy time!

A couple of years ago I went on holiday to a place with pebble beaches and so I bought a pair of crocs to wear on the beach and to swim in. I ended up living and dying in them, they might be the ugliest shoes ever concieved but by god are they comfy!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I completely disagree that any shoe with heels is nicer than those without. There is an almost unhealthy obsession with heels on this site. I know it's called High Heel Place... but it's just shoes. Get over Crocs. You don't have to wear them. As Dr Shoe said. They are comfortable. I would go so far as to say that Crocs are actually a design classic. Think about the role they were designed for. Cheap comfortable shoes that can be cleaned easily and are healthy for your feet. And I don't think there is anything wrong with how they look. Seriously guys... Don't you think we should stop hating and simply be happy that there is a diverse choice of footwear in the world?

crocs and uggs... own both. wear both. think they are just about the most comfortable footwear ever. i wouldn't own them if they sacrificed any of their comfort for style, but would be happier if they had more of the latter. again, different forks for different storks. and keep YOURS out of MINE!

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

and if you want to see TRULY ugly, do a search for 5-toe vibram. but they're supposed to be really comfortable ;)

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

As comfortable as they may be, I have never owned a pair of Crocs and never will. I need something with a bit more style to go along with the comfort. Whatever floats your boat. If the Crocs do die out, I'm sure that the designers will come up with something to replace them with as equally as plain and with little style. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Though I started this thread and will be happy when they're finally out of stores, I would like to take a more moderate stance. I think a pair of brightly colored Crocs, preferably real Crocs brand, on a youngster can be cute, and I'll even extend that to adults, if the Crocs are clean, brightly colored, and worn with an appropriately matching casual outfit. However, I do want to shout "What ever made you dress like this!" when I see someone wearing a pair of dirty, scuffed, dark colored, fur lined, Crocs, in the middle of the summer. Probably with a pair of baggy, too long jeans with cuffs ragged from the ground and dirty white socks sticking out of the Crocs holes. Maybe the fashion police should be armed and have double-O prefixes to their badge numbers. (Quickly turns off computer to keep rabid crowd from reaching through the screen and strangling me, while moderator quickly bans me for making everybody physically ill.)

I actually quite like the Mary Jane style Crocs you can get. I've seen a few girls in 'em and I think they look cute. They're actually not ugly, unlike the original style of Crocs!

http://www.flcrooks.com/ProductImages/september07/DSC_0119.JPG

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t297/mamanista/crocs.jpg

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of years ago I went on holiday to a place with pebble beaches and so I bought a pair of crocs to wear on the beach and to swim in. I ended up living and dying in them, they might be the ugliest shoes ever concieved but by god are they comfy!

I agree. I would hate to see them go. I cheer anyone who wants to live in their crocs rather than inflict their feet with the shoes that I prefer to wear. I love heels but I know what I am doing to myself and I think the beauty in wearing heels comes from my choice to do so. :)

I actually quite like the Mary Jane style Crocs you can get. I've seen a few girls in 'em and I think they look cute. They're actually not ugly, unlike the original style of Crocs!

You're right - those look 1000 times better than the original 'rubber-clog' designs.

Always High-Heel Responsibly