What do you dislike about heels?

Amanda

In no particular order:

• That, although they are currently fashionable, popular and widely available, they are on my wife's feet less and less often, regardless of the occasion or my requests;
  • That my interest in them is heartily disliked by my wife;
  • That me wearing them in any remotely 'feminine' style will probably be the subject of ridicule by much of society and lead to divorce action by my wife;
  • That, even if I want to be more adventurous with wearing them, finding anything suitable in my size is never easy;
  • That, when they were universally popular with women (c1958-1963), I was a little young to enjoy them and/or their wearers fully!

I hate standing in them for long periods, it seems so much harder than walking. I also don't like the pain in the balls of my feet if I've overdone it. On the other hand I do like the fact that I can now understand what it's like to spend a night out in heels and can sympathise with women who wear them.

The only other thing I dislike is that I keep finding pairs that I feel I can't live without and then having to find room to store them! Fortunately my GF's cool with it as long as they don't take over the house.

Chris

I couldn't agree more, I dont mind the standing and I've yet to get pains yet but I can sympathise even more than I did before as I am sporting my first ever heel blister so while I can bear with having it with honour, I can now truly empathise as well. ;-)

I dislike when u have a great shoe but somehow it gets ruined by some tacky beading or the maker does something to it thats not very appealing to the eye. yesterday i went to i think Bakers...there was a shoe...ohhhhh MY GOD...the flower on the front of the shoe was huge..all u see is some fluffy material in the shape of a flower.;-) but if the flower was gone it would of been a nice shoe

It's not just guys that suffer from that you know.

Point taken, but guys as an aggregate get way more misguided, uninformed, and flat-out wrong judgments placed on us as a result of liking/wearing heels.

case in point...

If you ask a woman, complete stranger, where she got her shoes, you'll get a store, or a city, or some kind of response in kind...

If I were to do that, she'd want to know why I asked.

That's by no means definite, but typical...

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

As some already said, it hurt on the ball of my feet, and then when you walk and there is paving, and the heel keep on going inbetween the paving, and then when you drive you also damage the heel, and there is nothing that look so bad as a damage heel.

I hate seeing a very good-looking heel.... in a size other than 10+ D: I would buy the pair, but they're too small for me! ;-) And the common one: getting soreness in any part of my feet. AND standing in them for long periods. Like at the bank, I wanna walk in, fill out withdrawl/deposit slip, go to the teller, and walk out; not walk in, fill out, stand in line for minutes(!), go to the teller finally, and walk out -.- I gotta other places to heel, you know?

Formally "HHDude"