What do you dislike about heels?

Amanda

I dislike the way that all the styles I like are rarely available in a size 9UK...

Agreed. I also hate that not all the size 9s fit my size 9 feet. Some seem to be much smaller than others, sometime from the same brand.

I don't like having to stand in one place for ages.

One reason why I am never late! ;-)

I'd have to say I dislike that they rarely come with metal tips, although I once heard that plastic tips are meant to be better for you as they 'act like shock absorbers'. I have my reservations. Also that styles are limited or non existent in higher sizes.

I hate that people judge me for wearing them I hate that I can't wear them all the time I hate that girls will wear ugly shoes instead of taking advantage of wearing gorgeous heels I hate that I don't have the choice in styles as a size 12 UK that a size 6 UK has

There is nothing I dislike about heels or wearing heels. High heels makes me feel good. It makes me look good. Make me feel a bit taller, feeling a bit powerful too. What I don´t like with wearing heels is when I have to stand for a long time in my heels. Standing waiting. Say standing waiting for the bus after a whole day at the office wearing heels or having to stand at parties in spike heels. Guess I have to live with this. As I said, my heels makes me feel better, looking godd, feeling a bit taller. Chaio

It's not just guys that suffer from that you know.

That is very true ... AS you're comment is right on!

I guess being judged, for whatever reason, is major dislike to all.

My personal dislike is that guys and heels is especially controversial in many ways, not just fashion.

When it comes to heels, I am very particular about their style, shape and the way they appear to support the foot. So, if I see heels that don't fit my certain criteria, they will be left for others to select. As Amanda S. has highlighted, women are not without their issues to wear heels, even though women have been given the social heeling license. There are even those wanting to ban the use of high heels altogether for various reasons. The mere fact of wearing them has gain a social attitude that the wearer is an object to be gawked at and an advertisement of availability, which really is not the main purpose a person wears heels. They just want to look and feel good about themselves in their choice of attire, without having to ward off unsolicited advances.

Seeing young girls who have crammed their poor feet into the pointiest cheap ill fitting shoes while wearing oversexed clothing. Not only are they are ruining their feet, they are also tarnishing the public image of heels. Do feel free to call me a hypocrite. ;-)

I hate standing in them for long periods, it seems so much harder than walking. I also don't like the pain in the balls of my feet if I've overdone it. On the other hand I do like the fact that I can now understand what it's like to spend a night out in heels and can sympathise with women who wear them. The only other thing I dislike is that I keep finding pairs that I feel I can't live without and then having to find room to store them! Fortunately my GF's cool with it as long as they don't take over the house. Chris

They are generally made too narrow in the toes, especially the pointy styles. This has led to heels being given a bad name for foot problems but it's perfectly possible to make stylish heels which fit the shape of the foot given proper design.