Bit of an absence and a new pair of boots!

chris100575

Hi I've not been around for a bit, just don't seem to be spending much time on the internet these days! Last weekend my GF and I went shopping at the Metro Centre in Gateshead, of course it would have been rude not to go into Faith with them having a sale on! My GF pointed out these boots because she thought I'd like them and then looked to see if they had a pair in my size. **image now attached to your post for you** <edit> This was supposed to display a thumbnail but it's gone bandy! Ordinarily I wouldn't have tried these on in the shop, all of my other Faith boots are an 8 so it was a safe bet that they'd fit. However, I took the display boot over to an assistant and asked for the other one. She returned with the boots and, even though I was with my GF, asked if I wanted to try them on. That has to prove that shop staff know when you're buying for yourself! I decided to accept her kind offer and found that they fit perfectly! :thumbsup: The heels are just under 4.5" and the toes are more of an almond shape so they're shorter than my pointy boots and make my feet look smaller, and I really like the slightly chunkier heel. They won't completely replace my pointy stilettos but it's nice to have a bit of variety. Chris (hopefully not going to be gone for as long this time)

post-988-133522878994_thumb.jpg

Glad you're back Chris. Just out of interest, I was at one of your old haunts on New Years Eve, was hoping you might have been on the forum around that time and if you would have been out in Manchester at Jilly's?

A very nice pair of boots that you bought. I'm sure that you will enjoy them a lot. Welcome back, Chris, I have missed your posts here on the Board. It's nice to have you back with us again. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hello all, it's good to be back. ;-) This is the first time I've been shopping for heels with my GF, as most of the time I buy them online. Glad you like the boots, I've had a few new pairs recently and purged some to reduce the numbers to something vaguely sensible. Even so I think I've still got about 15 pairs if I don't count the New Rocks. I'm going to try and be good and not keep buying more though. (We'll see how that pans out!) Puma: I live in North Cumbria now, I moved up here in October 2007. I have a new job that I enjoy, am living in a much nicer area and best of all am with my GF full time now, but I do miss the nightlife in Manchester. Carlisle is the nearest big town and it's no substitute! Hope you had a good night at Jilly's. It's a great place to go out to in heels, I've had one or two positive comments in there everyone else either doesn't notice at all or doesn't care. Chris

Hi Chris & welcome back,

I bought those boots in brown in the size 9UK, but found them a little too snug, so they had to go back, I have since purchased a very similar boot to those from Faith & they fit much better, which is wierd because I think that they are just pretty much the ankle boot version of the same thing ;-) (with some small minor detailing changes)

http://www.faith.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?pid=256277&language=en-GB&cid=

Also I have bought these http://www.faith.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?pid=254100&language=en-GB&cid= & they fit perfectly - they are quite expensive though so a bit of an indulgence.

PS, did you ever make it to Duo Boots in Bath?

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.

Tech: The boots were £65 reduced from £95. I'd sort of had my eye on them on the website, so it was nice when my GF picked out the same pair in the shop. They're very comfortable, of course I just had to wear them a lot to break them in! :w00t2: Heelium: No, I didn't make it to Duo. We are planning to go down to Cornwall in a few months though so we may call in then. There hasn't been much that's grabbed me on the Duo site recently though. I do really like the Genova suede platform kneeboots, but they're out of stock in my size at the moment. I like those Faith courts a lot, but I already have a very similar pair in black satin, albeit with a smaller platform and the bow to the side. They were a Christmas present from my good lady. ;-) Chris