Style vs Heel Height

RonC

Well, after becoming brave enough to venture out in heels, I have found out something about myself. I thought that just wearing heels in public would be a great thrill and would satisfy my desires. So I purchased a pair of chunky 2.75" heel loafers and a pair of ankle boots with similar style 3" heels. By my fifth or sixth trip out and about, I found I was no longer excited by wearing those shoes. While I enjoyed the height of the heel, when I looked down at my feet, I may as well had been wearing a pair of men's shoes, as there was no real look of a woman's shoe to them. I would much rather wear a pair of nice low cut pumps (as in my avatar). Now that would be a thrill! But alas, there is just no way I am willing to go out in the public at large with a pair of shoes like that. I'll need to keep looking to find a place where I can wear much more feminine styles with a reasonable level of peace of mind. I guess what I am asking is, am I the only one that has to have a more feminine style to get the sought after thrill of wearing heels? Many of you seem to be well satisfied with the added height and sensation of a heel without the feminine style, but that just isn't doing it for me. I like to know how other feel about the style vs. height factor.

Well, after becoming brave enough to venture out in heels, I have found out something about myself. I thought that just wearing heels in public would be a great thrill and would satisfy my desires. So I purchased a pair of chunky 2.75" heel loafers and a pair of ankle boots with similar style 3" heels. By my fifth or sixth trip out and about, I found I was no longer excited by wearing those shoes. While I enjoyed the height of the heel, when I looked down at my feet, I may as well had been wearing a pair of men's shoes, as there was no real look of a woman's shoe to them. I would much rather wear a pair of nice low cut pumps (as in my avatar). Now that would be a thrill! But alas, there is just no way I am willing to go out in the public at large with a pair of shoes like that. I'll need to keep looking to find a place where I can wear much more feminine styles with a reasonable level of peace of mind.

I guess what I am asking is, am I the only one that has to have a more feminine style to get the sought after thrill of wearing heels? Many of you seem to be well satisfied with the added height and sensation of a heel without the feminine style, but that just isn't doing it for me. I like to know how other feel about the style vs. height factor.

I'm with you on this one. I feel the same way as you do.

t-straps are my favorite style.

Ron, You're not the only one. I love Stilletos and I street heel with them. Get some and try it. You'll love it.

Henri

Really nice photo Henri. :winkiss:

I think I have been pretty satisfied with somewhat plain looking 3-4" heels this past year. I feel the more discreet look was a great stepping stone for me to get me moving to the next level.

Recently, I have been more daring wearing 4" -5" and not quite as discreet but also still not advertising what I am doing if possible.

I guess what I am asking is, am I the only one that has to have a more feminine style to get the sought after thrill of wearing heels? Many of you seem to be well satisfied with the added height and sensation of a heel without the feminine style, but that just isn't doing it for me. I like to know how other feel about the style vs. height factor.

No. I own 25 pairs of shoes, and minus a pair of 5 1/2" wedges, all are feminine stiletto styles, and all are 4" or over. While I envy others who can still feel the thrill of wearing heels/styles that are much more masculine and lower, I cannot. Like you say, I might as well be wearing men's shoes...

But that's just me. I LOVE feminine shoes.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

I also love the look and feel of a pump with a stiletto heel and a pointy toe box. There is just something soooooooo sexy about the way they look and feel on your feet. When I go out in public, I wear a chunky heeled boot. Oh well---at least they are heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

RonC, Your dilemma is shared by everyone of us that prefers the stiletto heel over the others. Only you know how much to push the envelope toward your vision of the heeling you want to be seen wearing. Stilettoes will never be considered for menswear if men aren't seen wearing them. Right now, the public is familiar with men wearing stiletto heels when they are trying to do female impersonations, as crossdressers, drag queens, celebrities, and etc. When straight heterosexual men openly wear stiletto heels, people will come to understand that these are not just for women to wear. The hard part is convincing ourselves to brave the slings and arrows of society no matter what the immediate outcome. Some of us want to stay comfortable in the secrecy of our own worlds and stay away from most any public notice. I confess to going down the path of least resistance, but then I shouldn't expect being able to freely wear my stiletto, if I am not willing to make the sacrifice. The fear is the hardest part we have to overcome. It's not the fear of what they will think, it is the fear of how we think they will react to us wearing heels. You have to ask, are the people I associate with as friends and co-workers worth keeping if they can't accept who I am? Do I want to continue this false or hypocritical lifestyle that grinds my feelings and causes me to hate everyone for my lack of strength?

RonC, I share much of what you are writing about in this thread. Heel height is never an issue for me; in fact I don't own more than a few pair that are over 4 inches and none are over 5. I am having a difficult time however finding shoes with a low or moderate heel (2 1/2") which are my current obsession. In addition to heel height, I have many shoes in a variety of colors and styles. Most have stiletto heels, but not all.

Style is built from the ground up!

These posts do make me feel better! At least I'm not the only one fighting to enjoy wearing what makes me happy and excited. You know, maybe if I were a younger man than my quite obvious 57 years, I'd be willing to give the more feminine shoes a try in public. But some old, bald, and a bit overweight guy walking around in a pair of 4" heel classic pumps is gonna' attract a LOT of attention. Soooo, I will keep looking for the more tolerant places in this big city in which I dwell. There must be some place in the Chicago area where a guy can spend an evening in heels without being made to feel uncomfortable! Thanks for the input guys!

Not as much as you might think. I have been in three different malls, going to a fourth tomorrow wearing my 5" stilletto MJs or lace-up knee boots can't yet decide which. The biggest thing to keep in mind IS your confidence level. Low everyone sees you, high theystill see you, you don't care that they do. Check out another thread started by HHBoots "mens level of heeling" ENJOY Thrill BTW I'm 52 and bald also.

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

Hey, I'm older than you are. I'm 67 and I wear 5" stilletos in public. Check out the tread I started last week. You'll see my pic of a baldheaded old man in 5" stilletos at a hotel. Go for it!!!!

If you haven't learned something new today; you have wasted the day.

i really want to go out wearing any of my high heels with anything over 3'' tall but still live in a big town and know lots of ppl here . i will do it one day soon since im getting more brave cause i wear my knee high boots with a 4'' heel to work and dont care what the other guys think.

These posts do make me feel better! At least I'm not the only one fighting to enjoy wearing what makes me happy and excited. You know, maybe if I were a younger man than my quite obvious 57 years, I'd be willing to give the more feminine shoes a try in public. But some old, bald, and a bit overweight guy walking around in a pair of 4" heel classic pumps is gonna' attract a LOT of attention. Soooo, I will keep looking for the more tolerant places in this big city in which I dwell. There must be some place in the Chicago area where a guy can spend an evening in heels without being made to feel uncomfortable! Thanks for the input guys!

RonC,

I agree with a previous post that said that you should do whatever you are comfortable with. However, don't ever let age, or weight, or anything else stop you from doing what you want. Actually, a guy who is 25 with 2 percent body fat in 4" classic pumps would attract some attention. Any time we do something out of the ordinary, it can be stressful, but if you want to wear your pumps, just go for it.

There are a lot of posts on this site about places people go. We live in cities all over the world and find our niche. Chicago would offer a lot of possibilities...bookstores, cafes, museums, shopping centers, etc. Just let your imagination be your guide.

Good luck!

Style is built from the ground up!

I have to agree with the main thoughts here; for me, feminine shoe / boot, pointy toe, almond toe, stiletto heel works. Yes, we can deal with the blade heel etc. but the more "feminine" the better. Although I don't get to street heel often, they are the ones that I prefer.

It's all about the heel!

" I live in a big town and know lots of ppl here. --"i wear my knee high boots with a 4'' heel to work and don't care what the other guys think.

That being said, I wonder, don't you know anyone you work with? And, if you don't care about your co-workers knowing, why would you care if anyone else knows?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I must say that I am a bigger fan of the more feminine open toe stilletos and sandals rather than boots. I just love the way they feel. As for actual street-heelin', I have to say that it is minimal. I haven't done it in quite a long time (at least 3 years), but hope to do it again. When I did, I went out all femme, but that has become less comfortable over time. I realized that all I want to wear are the tallest, most feminine shoes possible. I also enjoy the feeling of pantyhose on my legs, which I do wear from time to time, but it is only under jeans or other pants. Never visual to the public. I really don't care about showing off, it is just the feeling of the hose and heels that I like, not other's reactions. :winkiss:

If you guys keep this up, you'll have me strolling the Magnificent Mile in 4" pumps quite soon! Probably not, though I certainly may give some heels a try that I would not previously have worn. Maybe...lol

Something else to consider. Some have said that their wives don't mind them streetheeling in 4" chunky heeled shoes or boots under long pants, but they would not stand for their hubby doing it in stiletto shoes or boots with pointed toe boxes sticking out from under the pants. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

With the exception of the men's high heel boots I wear to work, all of my high heels are 4" to 6" and most are stiletto high heels...which I wear in public. I think all of us who wear high heels in public offer similar advice: find a pair of high heels that you really want to wear and are comfortable with, and take your time. Start out slowly and then expand your horrizons. And good luck to you.

I did buy a pair of pumps at Payless that I am thinking will be a good choice for heeling. The are a bit of a moc style through the toe area, with a thicker, almost 4" heel. I would have preferred a non-patent shoe, as it is a bit less obvious, but I feel that these are a shoe that I can enjoy wearing without feeling like I'm totally obvious. Hoping to give it a go soon.