Did a little mostly unplanned streetheeling today. My first time too.

shorty82

For a while now I've worn heels to and from my car at home and once or twice to the mail boxes at night. Today I had to stop by the grocery store on my way home to get a few things and decided I'd wear my new boots into the store. I wore them under my work slacks, which because they hang down a little with the suspenders (part of the uniform) off, mostly covered the heels.

I went in, got what I needed, and walked back out. Took about 5 minutes or so. If anybody noticed they didn't react. I was a little worried at first about the noise but I noticed it wasn't nearly as noticeable with all the background noise of the store as it is at home. I was just a tall man grabbing some orange juice. I'm 6'5" in stocking feet so with the 4" heel I stood about 6'9".

This has helped build my confidence to go out some more in heels. I streetheeled today and the sky didn't fall as people like to say here. Might have been a short trip but I say it counts.

Thanks for sharing your experience! Let me be the first to say that it counts and welcome to the world of street heeling. Second, the boots you chose are a good selection for a first time out. You learned the most important lesson- that the world continues to rotate even when a man goes shopping in heels!

I was just a tall man grabbing some orange juice. I'm 6'5" in stocking feet so with the 4" heel I stood about 6'9".

6'5" huh? Gives a new twist to your screen name!

Style is built from the ground up!

Thanks for sharing your experience! Let me be the first to say that it counts and welcome to the world of street heeling. Second, the boots you chose are a good selection for a first time out. You learned the most important lesson- that the world continues to rotate even when a man goes shopping in heels!

Thanks. I thought so myself they were good for streetheeling. I did notice that walking through a parking lot and in a store feels a good bit different than walking around my apartment. That's something I'll have to get used to.

6'5" huh? Gives a new twist to your screen name!

LOL! My brother gave me the nickname "Shorty" years ago because I'm anything but short. Kind of like the huge truckers in movies called "Tiny".

... Second, the boots you chose are a good selection for a first time out..

I second that. I have to think that for newbies, wearing footwear that looks more unisex, makes a lot of sense.

shorty82, what size boots did you get? How do they compare size-wise with other shoes you have? They really look like a great public heeling boot, and I'd love to have a pair. I'm a size 13 in the 4 shoes (2 shoes, 2 boots) I've gotten from Payless, I'm wondering if they are generously size such that I might be able to fit into a 12 (the largest size they are sold in).

What do people think of this pair:

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensBoots&BLC=WomensBootsTrendy&Width=Regular&ItemCode=63997&LotNumber=064435&Type=Adult&Popularity=&DescriptiveColor=Tan&Size=12

They are advertised as having a 3 1/2" heel which, if similialy underlisted as with the Rosa boots, could mean they are pushing 4" inches. My first impression is the faux wood stacked heel is likely to draw more attention to itself than what appears to be a solid black heel on the Rosa boot. I'd hate to think I'd need to order both from Payless just to try them out...

Congratulations on your public heeling experience. Like HappyFeat said, that was a smart choice of footwear for your first extended public appearence. As you become more comfortable and daring, you might even try a higher heel. Although at 6' 5", a higher heel might make you a real imposing figure. Best wishes and good luck on future outings.

you have made a bold move going out to the store in heels and you have some very nice boots , i hope to get me some like them soon. i wear boots that have a a 2'' square heel to work everyday and i drive a big truck hauling logs , i will post pics here real soon of them.

Indeed! I think the time is fast approaching when we should have an "International Men In Heels Day" where all the guys on this forum should wear heels for the day. If anyone asks, you have a great reason for wearing them and it's good fo those who wear heels often to have some solidarity and support!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Thanks for sharing shorty82. The first is always the scariest.lol BTW, I tried on that same pair the other day at pay less and loved the way the fit. A perfect arch for my fee. Unfortunatly when I zipped them up, the zipper seperated in the middle. It was the last size 9 they had and I could see that they had been returned. once again, great job!:winkiss:

real men wear heels

...Unfortunatly when I zipped them up, the zipper seperated in the middle. It was the last size 9 they had and I could see that they had been returned...

johniheel, from the few seconds you had them on, could you tell about the fit? Do you think the zipper was naturally defective? My first thought was, "someone in a size 9 put them on, unfortunately they run small, and busted the zipper when they tried to pull it up." Not good when I'm hoping it runs large.

johniheel, from the few seconds you had them on, could you tell about the fit? Do you think the zipper was naturally defective? My first thought was, "someone in a size 9 put them on, unfortunately they run small, and busted the zipper when they tried to pull it up." Not good when I'm hoping it runs large.

It's possible someones ankle was too big and tried to zip up over and weakend the zipper. I'm no expert though. If I'm near a pay less any time soon, I'll stop in and try on another pair and see what happends.

real men wear heels

I second that. I have to think that for newbies, wearing footwear that looks more unisex, makes a lot of sense.

shorty82, what size boots did you get? How do they compare size-wise with other shoes you have? They really look like a great public heeling boot, and I'd love to have a pair. I'm a size 13 in the 4 shoes (2 shoes, 2 boots) I've gotten from Payless, I'm wondering if they are generously size such that I might be able to fit into a 12 (the largest size they are sold in).

I got 11's which tends to be my size in boots.

They are advertised as having a 3 1/2" heel which, if similialy underlisted as with the Rosa boots, could mean they are pushing 4" inches. My first impression is the faux wood stacked heel is likely to draw more attention to itself than what appears to be a solid black heel on the Rosa boot. I'd hate to think I'd need to order both from Payless just to try them out...

I'd think they would have a higher heel than that. The way Payless measures the heel on shoes always seems to be shorter than their actual height.

So far the zippers on my are doing great with no sign of problems.

Indeed!

I think the time is fast approaching when we should have an "International Men In Heels Day" where all the guys on this forum should wear heels for the day. If anyone asks, you have a great reason for wearing them and it's good fo those who wear heels often to have some solidarity and support!

I'm up for it. What shall we do it?

K

xx

Congrats on your unplanned first outing! As others have already said, the first time is always the hardest on the nerves, but once you've gotten that initial outing under your belt, it gets easier from there. The boots you wore look interesting indeed, just right for a first outing. Bravo to you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Today was a little strange for me streetheeling wise. This morning I made a quick stop at the gas station across the street to run in and buy something I needed. I had left my apartment in my heels but didn't feel up to going into a convenience store in them so changed into my work shoes.

On my way home today I stopped by Target to get a few things, including the things needed to give myself a pedicure. I wore my heels there and was there a little while as I had to wander around the beauty section finding what I needed. Just like last night I don't think anybody noticed, or at least they didn't react to a man in heels.

Indeed!

I think the time is fast approaching when we should have an "International Men In Heels Day" where all the guys on this forum should wear heels for the day. If anyone asks, you have a great reason for wearing them and it's good fo those who wear heels often to have some solidarity and support!

Sounds cool and wouldn't be much of a departure for me. I have pretty much started wearing heels all the the time at home and to and from work. I'm getting braver about going out in public in heels and will start doing that more.

I'm starting to realize the truth to what some say here, only a few people notice and those that do usually don't care. People are to wrapped up in what they themselves are doing to notice a guy in heels.

Shorty82 :-)

Congratulation for your first time out in heels.

Nice boots you got there.

The way the sole and heels are made, looks like

they would not make too much noise while walking.

You'd be surprised. The heel is quite hard and they make a dull click as I walk. Not nearly as loud as stilettos would but the sound is still there.

Found out how hard the heel is today. I needed to do a little work on my car and take garbage out and I decided to do it in my heels. Took some doing to build up the courage to heel openly at my apartment complex in the broad daylight but I did it. Walking to and from the dumpsters and the mailboxes I could definitely feel every time the heel hit the ground. The heel transfers the vibrations into my foot quite well, it doesn't absorb any of them like the sole does. Not a bad feeling, just one that will take some getting used to.

The heels were completely visible as I was wearing some of my regular jeans that only go down to my ankle. The heels were visible to the whole world.

On my way home today I stopped by Target to get a few things, including the things needed to give myself a pedicure. I wore my heels there and was there a little while as I had to wander around the beauty section finding what I needed. Just like last night I don't think anybody noticed, or at least they didn't react to a man in heels.

Target is a great place to go for an outing. I much prefer it to other "big-box" stores because it just seems much less chaotic. Also, Target has lots of stylish shoes in larger sizes. If you catch a clearance you can get several pair of nice looking leather shoes for less than $30.

Style is built from the ground up!

Walking to and from the dumpsters and the mailboxes I could definitely feel every time the heel hit the ground. The heel transfers the vibrations into my foot quite well, it doesn't absorb any of them like the sole does. Not a bad feeling, just one that will take some getting used to.

Perhaps you could invest in a pair of cushioned innersoles to wear in your shoes. They might help ease the vibrations. FYI!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Had to run to the 24 hour CVS down the road to get something to snack on (the cupboard was bare and I was hungry). I went in jeans and my boots. As these are regular guys jeans the entire heel was visible as I walked around the store getting what I needed. I don't think any of the few people in the store noticed but if they did they didn't say a word or react in a way I could see. I'll admit I was a little chicken as I stayed on the carpeting as much as possible and avoided the tile as I didn't want to draw attention to the shoes.

Shorty82:-)

Now since you have checked out the CVS, check out other places wearing your heels and see what results you may observe.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I plan too. I love street-heeling and am learning to not give a damn what others may think if they notice I'm in high heels.

Shorty82 –

There are lots of things to learn about street heeling: how to walk, where to go heeling, …, but the most important one is “learning to not give a damn what others may think if they notice I'm in high heels.” Well done.

After that lesson sinks in, and you really believe it, you will be able to try more adventurous stuff like knee boots over your jeans. With cold weather just around the corner, its a great combination.

Enjoy your heels.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I'm getting there, guys. I am less hesitant than I used to be and try not to care what others might think. I stopped by the CVS on my way home tonight and did a bit of walking around the store seeing if there was anything I needed (didn't have the main thing I went in for). The store had a few people and there were employees about the place stocking. If anybody noticed my heels they didn't react in any way I noticed.