All the wonderful shoes

Spareheels

This weekend I was able to go to a very fancy gala, fundraiser.   I was awash in beautiful heels all around me.  

I had never been to such a formal gathering, where everyone was wearing their very best.    Was fascinating to watch everyone walk in their choosen heels.   It was easy to see who wears regularly and who was a bit of out their comfort zone.  

As a guy, I can honestly say I walk in heels better then about 20 percent of what I saw  

Was interesting to look at the gowns and see which were cut to show off the heel, vs sweeping the floor to hide the floor wear.

I can't wait to the next fancy gala I must be "dragged" too 

Surprising you're only better than 20%. I am sure I'm better than 80%, if only because 80% of American women are overweight and of the remaining 20% only half even wear heels.  The majority of women only wear heels to and from events with many taking their shoes of to dance or move around once they're at said event. 

Your correct surprisingly never thought about it in that way. 

Whenever I go to gala charity dinners often see rich ladies showing off their heels. Most wear them once just like the gowns. Guys in tuxes or sharp suits with Pantent oxfords. 

Always wondered what if I  choose to wear some strap pump heel platforms in a dress. What would the people at my table think. 

Often see woman doing comparisons with gowns and heels complimenting each other. 

Woman love to dress for nights out. They feel like a little girl in a princess gown only needing a wand. 

Less and less woman wear heels except for the office anymore. Suppose woman can tolerate it for evening out but rather quickly wear sneakers the morning after going to yoga class. 

Suppose woman only wear pump heels to church function wedding, funeral, baptism, communion. Or wear heels to Friday night or Saturday night out with their significant other. Again only a few hours of wearing heels then change back to flat heel boots or sneakers, sandals. 

Edited by MackyHeels

If you keep on repeating nonsense it becomes true in the minds of people. To most women heels are at best something only to worn at parties or events. Too painful and/or uncomfortable for daily wear. A mysogist tool according to rapid feminists. That's what everybody keeps saying therefore it must be true. Of course it doesn't help that few can walk in them right away. One has to learn how to walk in them. If one never walks in heels, or at best only once a year, yeah, then they will be uncomfortable and you will look ridiculous walking in them. Practice, ladies! It said that it takes 10.000 hours of practice to become really good at something. I'm not sure if that same number applies to walking in heels, but even if its only 10% of that number that's still a hell of a lot more then that once of a year office party.

It doesn't help that the market is also glutted by cheap Chinese knock offs. And if the majority of women have ill fitting bras, because they chose the wrong sizes, then is it any stretch of the imagination to think that heels, which get worn a lot less, are chosen poorly in even greater numbers?

A sad state of affairs. A women who knows how to walk well in heels is a sight of feminine grace. One that will turn heads when she walks past on the street. A woman in sneakers just looks like a badly dressed peasant.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chorlini said:

A woman in sneakers just looks like a badly dressed peasant.

- - -and that's all I ever see.

Wife and I were joking the other night that we haven't been to a gala type event in so long - - - - well - - way too long.

The perch fish fry at the local Volunteer Fire Department doesn't qualify. You know your in the stick when the couple in front of you have matching Camo jackets, and Under Armor is a fashion statement.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2016 at 2:47 PM, Heelster said:

You know your in the sticks when the couple in front of you have matching Camo jackets, and Under Armor is a fashion statement.

You got it right on the button, that is my circumstance too where I live as well. Well I did notice in the neighboring town that many of the local gals are fully showing off there fashions boots, "the Blundstones". I saw at least 20+ ladies from 20-45 yrs old wearing them. Anyways, the newer generations of non heel wearers, sigh...