New boots

HHfanatic

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don,t mind paying extra for you boots to be custom made, that is the best way to buy your boots and shoes. You will always get what you want. I very much like the second pair of boots.

I would have saved a lot of money if I had done that 25 years ago when I bought my first pair of heels...

I dont know how many pairs I have bought that dont really fit...:smile:

My 6" boots is done, with just over 1/2" plattform.

Very well made for outdoor use...the softest leather in the shafts...

Wow, I do like the boots you ended up with, they did a fantastic job indeed. I am sure you will enjoy them!

I`m wearing them right now...I feel like I did when I was about 10 years old and tried my moms high heels for the first time...:smile: Last pair is fantastic to wear...they are made of double leather, thick soft on the outside and thin soft on the inside... That really make a different...:-)

• 2 months later...

Just reading the thread, if you don't mind me asking, how much did they end up costing?

About 250 usd...+ -

I also had them made in leatherette to feel the different with a more slim heel.

Price about 110 usd.

The leatherette is made with inner and outer material...also very soft to use..the sole is made of plastic/rubber.

They are very nice. Sort of the look I'm trying for with the pair of boots I just bought. What are the measurements (height / platform height, and size)? Can you provide a picture of the full boot, I thought I saw a buckle towards the top. How do you put them on, is there a zipper on the side (if so, can you show that also)? These are the leathette boots at $110? If so, wow, that's cheap.

They are very nice. Sort of the look I'm trying for with the pair of boots I just bought. What are the measurements (height / platform height, and size)?

Can you provide a picture of the full boot, I thought I saw a buckle towards the top. How do you put them on, is there a zipper on the side (if so, can you show that also)?

These are the leathette boots at $110? If so, wow, that's cheap.

There is a zipper on each side of the boot so the foot is to be entered from the top and down into the boot.

These are about size 44/45 EU. Heels are 6" measured at the back and there is a 1/2" plattform.

Kneeheight shaft.

They are made to fit....

post-351-133522875322_thumb.jpg

post-351-133522875325_thumb.jpg

post-351-133522875329_thumb.jpg

They are very tempting. The fact that you can design your own, almost overwhelming knowing where to start.

Doing a quick scan from the beginning of the thead, I think I like the thicker heels better (more passable). I'll have to read your thread from the beginning, I might have some additional questions (and picture requests).

Oh, and thanks for the quick reply.

I like the slimmer heel better and of course the leather made boots. Nothing beats leather. By saying that, the leatherette is not bad at all, it is also made by inner and outer material with a thin, soft material inbetween which make them feel nice to your foot and calf.

Since I don't think any of the boots I have now are real leather, I'm not sure I'd miss anything staying with leatherette (plus, it's less than half the cost).

Do you know if the price would be different for ankle boots vs kneeheight?

In leatherette, the price different is not very much. Ancle boots are down to about 100 usd.

The cost of the leatherette is not very high down here.

Leather is very expensive and there is a big price different between the different shaft heights....

HHfanatic, A few things: - Can you send me a copy of the ordering information, I'd like to look it over to see what I'd need to provide. - Can you take some side by side pictures of your leather vs leatherette boots? I'm curious if there's a major difference (I can see) that would make me decide on one vs the other. - Assuming a standard ankle boot, probably chunkier heel, 4.0"-4.5", can you give me prices ($US preferred) for leather & leatherette, and standard & express shipping. - What's your recommendation on how to design a pair? I assume a picture is better? If so, is it better to try to find one shoe that they can basically clone completely, or multiple ones: "I like to toe shape of this one, sole of this one, heel of another, etc". As you mentioned in a previous post, it can be awkward to copy some of the features into a larger size (I'm a 13 men's). I'm not ready to order yet, but want to run thru the steps to see what I'd need to do, how much it would cost, and what I'd get. Thanks.

If you forward me your email adress by PM, I will send you an email with the information you need. I have uploading problems with the pics..I get back later with an update. Please keep in mind that these boots are made rough for outdoor use with fairly thick leather. I tried to have them made with a masculine look. Leather ancle boot: Approx: 156 usd (8000 pesos) Leatherette ancle boots: Approx: 98 usd (5000 pesos) Shipping 10 days; 65 usd Shipping 4 weeks: 33 usd These prices are based on Philippine Pesos/USD exchange rate about one week ago. Pictures is always the easiest for the manufacture. The more pics, the better. To pick out the best of different types of footwear is no problem. So toe from one pair, heels from another pair, straps from a third pair, can all be done. There are no ekstra cost for that. Or to clone to a simular as a picture. The choice is yours. But ofcourse, pictures taken of footwear size 5-6, will ofcourse look different in size 13. I wish I could adjust my feet down some sizes..:-)..

The leatherette looks a bit shinier. Are the platform soles (guessing about 1/2"?) the same on both? Oh, I know something I wanted to ask. How is the heel noise? Is there something they can do in the construction of the boot to make it fairly quiet? I know on a pair of almost 3" ankle boots I bought, I had the heel soles replaced (supposedly with rubber ones), and I also filled the hollow heel with expanded insulation. Neithere made a big difference.

The leatherette is more shiny. But the leather can also be made more shiny by a good polish. I kind of like the leatherette. It feels good also. For fetish kind of footwear not being used for longer periodes, I would really consider leatherette. When it comes to noice...I will get back to you when I have testet out my 4 inch boots outdoors within the next 3-4 days. I had rubber attached to the bottom of the leather sole for protection of the leather since I know there will be both rain and snow where I`m going. But I also believe the way people is walking, also make a lot of different about the noice. The shape and strenght of the legs and feet is important. Some people walk "heavy" no matter what they wear and other can use heavy military boots and you cant even hear them... The platform is 1/2" as you guessed on both..:-)

I'd likely lean towards the leatherette, for the little I'd be wearing them I don't think the extra cost of leather would be worth it.

I'm sure how a person walks can make a difference, but I know so does the shoe. I tried on a pair of 2 1/2" ankle boots from Payless, and it's heels were dead quiet (see http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/guys/12341-great_shoe_future_first-time_public_heelers.html). Such a contrast to the boots I have (but they came in a 13W, which is why I bought them).

Actually looking at the picture of those boots again (Payless Megan), it's probably almost ideal to what I'd want:

- plain black, sort of dull

- unisex looking shoe shape (not sure if 'almond' is the right description for these)

- average size sole thickness (what you might find in a man's shoe).

- I'd probably ditch the strap and buckle

- I'm not sure a stacked heel (especially 4"+ of it) is the most discreet looking heel. On the other hand, if it literally is stacks of rubber glued to together, it could explain why on the Payless shoe it was so quiet. HHfanatic, do you know how your heel is constructed.

If I went with this pair, I'd probably buy a pair, take a whole bunch of digital pictures (and measurements if necessary) and return them (they only went up to a 12 regular, which was too small on me).

Leather is breathing, leatherette dont. Leather has a fantastic smell, leatherette dont. Leather stretch to fit your foot over time, leatherette way of streching is limited. Except from that..I like leatherette. Looks good and feels good. The heels on my boots are made of wood, cladded with leather/leatherette with a rubber padding at the bottom. The wood make the heel ridgid. I beleave in the old days, if the heel is not to high, they stacked and glued leatherpieces on top of eachother. I would guess this gives a limit on the heelheight and thickness becouse leather might flex sideways. I would think it is the bottom part of the heel that make the noice, not what the heel is made of as a total...this is what I think, I`m not sure. It would be interesting to see those ancle boots with 4" heels. :-)