fully exposed knee high boots in public

kneehighs

I'm just curious if any of you veteran shoe wearers out there have ever worn knee high boots fully exposed? I've scanned fashion magazines for clothing combinations that make sense, but have only found one photo of a man wearing knee boots in DETAILS magazine (I think it was the October '02--an ad). Any experiences to share?

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I used to wear knee boots with 4" block heels outside of leather jeans without any problem at all, even similar thigh boots. That was back in my college days and before Rosemary's friends were old enough for it to be an issue. :lol:

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I wore boots and a black leather mini out one night, Of course it was a three in the morning and I just walked around the block. I didn't see anyone walking, just people in cars, who thought I was female. Badger

Everyone should wear boots!

Yes, I'm developing a style for guys which 'sortof' works. For example, I wore a pair of burgundy knee high boots with 3.5" blades for our sales trip round London last Saturday. The boots were co-ordinated with a Gap burgundy shirt worn outside a pair of leather shorts. So my hairy legs didn't detract from the look, I wore black opaque tights. I know I should shave my legs to do this properly, but I have enough fun with stubble on my head thanks! SInce the weather was cold, I wore the trademark long leather coat and wide brim hat to keep the bone dome warm. Xa

I have (since quite a while) a pair of thigh-high (man made) stiletto boots, supposedly with 5" heels in size US12/UK10 that fit perfectly except for the fact that the actual heel height is more like 5.75" and just about exceeds my (current) limit for walking conveniently, as opposed to stumbling around looking for the the nearest safe point..., :( . So as soon as I have had time to train myself to wear this last half inch of obstacle in a decent manner they'll be on display for the rest of the world worn outside my current legwear. (-I am not into skirts (yet :lol: ) so that will not be the big issue...) TallSwede

smeugd, perfect! Did you notice much of a difference in responses from women. By difference, I mean from when you wear heels with pants and from when you wear your knee high boots fully exposed? I could be wrong, but to me, the full exposure of knee high boots would seem a greater attention graber and head turner...and what color were your leather shorts?

Hi, KH, Except for the burgundy boots and shirt, everything else was black. It's very easy to break the 'two colours only' rule, so I tend to limit myself to a fairly plain look. So far as women were concerned, I was 'chatted up' one girl who said she liked my boots. Calv overheard a woman say something like 'pretty cool' to her friend as we walked along High St Kensington. Some idiot guys made various comments, but when dressed avant garde, one must live with this. Xa

Oh my god! Thats sooooo coooool, getting chatted up by women. This is my dream, my fantasy, my Ultimate Utopian Reality. May I ask what the woman said? I'd like to try this look despite my anxiety. The West Village seems to be the best place to test it. Along Chrisopher street anything goes--except that I'm straight and don't want to project myself as gay. Heels exposed is no problem, but heels with the entire knee boot exposed (what women feel very sexy and sensual in--as they pull that zipper up and hear its noise and as the boot gently and softly envelopes their legs, the leather becoming like a second skin and rousing butterflies in their tummy, tingles along their neck and arms....)Oh how I envy how women have envied you!

(what women feel very sexy and sensual in--as they pull that zipper up and hear its noise and as the boot gently and softly envelopes their legs, the leather becoming like a second skin and rousing butterflies in their tummy, tingles along their neck and arms....)

Girls please feel free to flame my %%% on this one if I am wrong :lol: , but...

From my own experience of living with my (now ex-)wife for 22 years, and having raised a (now married with a daughter of her own) daughter to adulthood before the divorce, and another half way there, I think that you are describing your own feelings of arousel, kneehighs, not those of (the majority, at least) women with regard to THEIR boots. Women get aroused in very different ways, and by very different things, including fantasies, than most men. TV commercials designed to sell products to men by titillating their fantasies of what they THINK women like, capitalize on this, and it sounds to me like you have bought into their hype. :)

With regard to the original question, I had the courage to wear knee-hi boots fully exposed (over pants) exactly once--on Halloween night about 12 years ago--they were cutout boots with lacing, were sold by PayLess, believe it or not, very similar to some fetish boots except they had 3" chunky heels istead of spikes. Believe it or not, no comments or strange looks from anyone. The fact that it was various stores in Las Vegas may have something to do with it--I imagine I probably looked fairly tame compared to some of the wierdos that ocasionally breeze in their doors! :(

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

(what women feel very sexy and sensual in--as they pull that zipper up and hear its noise and as the boot gently and softly envelopes their legs, the leather becoming like a second skin and rousing butterflies in their tummy, tingles along their neck and arms....)Oh how I envy how women have envied you!

There are so many ways that are much more interesting and much for fun to enjoy those same sensations. :lol:

For the modern woman, there isn't much time to enjoy these things. When I get dressed for work, it is get into whatever I am wearing and make it to work on time. I think that Az is right in a way, and that it is a social idea, projecting to men, that has created this image.

Sure, some women might like this, but others may not. Knee high boots won't give me the tinglies when I put them on, certainly, but I will be happy with the look I achieve and project. I may get a sense of enjoyment from that, and maybe there will be these tinglies. I don't know yet.

Someone else will have the tinglies from seeing me in them, I am sure. I am sure he would agree. Now to find a store that sells the right boots...

who really cares whether I'm right or wrong about how women get turned on, or whether I've but into some silly media stereotype? That paragraph was just a silly process some people go through some of the times when they wear boots, thats all. Why the damn argument?

Why the damn argument? Because we love to debate issues! That's why this board exists! So we can all give our opinions, discuss an issue, and maybe find a greater understanding about some of the more mysterious aspects of humanity. I think it's great fun. Don't you?

Look, that was definitely a description of how I feel when I put on a pair of boots and in saying this you were right. It is a state of mind I enjoy and I think we could all agree rightfully so. True, how I attain this state of mind could be different from how others attain it. And everyone has their own unique way of approaching life. I prefer to approach women with this state of mind as my states of mind are like unconscious radio wave transmitters in that they send out signals to other like minded individuals. I want a woman who likes to wear boots, so I will assume a state of mind of liking boots. And if you look at the specific sub-context, you will see that my "fantasy" (albeit an extreme word) is to attract the kind of woman that will share this with me. Basically, I believe your state of mind is crucial when it comes to meeting new people. And the single biggest and most common mistake I think other male heel wearers make, or have made, is that we are relying on other people to accept us FIRST before we can feel good. This simply does not work. You must first learn how to produce good feelings of acceptance in your body and mind. Otherwise you are relying on othere people to make you feel good. Now, if thats the case, WHO has the power? Learning how to induce a a good state in yourself and others is one of the coolest skills I can imagine. What is also fascinating is the variety of methods to do so. It can be done verbally or without even opening your mouth! The advantages of this are infinite! For yourself, imagine being able to accelerate your learning ability, access unconscious skills or just relax and think more clearly. The advantages of learning to induce powerful states of self acceptance and respect are infinite. In altered states of consciousness you are more able to notice things that are going on around you. Your perceptions are heightened. It is easier to do almost anything! Imagine being able to unlock your creative potential and hallucinate new possibilities. Maybe you can build them into your future and make them real! Inducing a state in others by FIRST inducing a that state in yourself can get you more than you can imagine. Thats why on some level I put myself through that process.

• 6 months later...

I have worn my four inch block heeled knee highs out in public and hardly anybody has made any negative comments. Some have said "got your kiss boots on" or one girl said that she had the same boots and liked the look of them on me.

77r90dL lf

Well, I finally did it! I got up the courage to wear my 9 West blade 3.5" blade heeled boots with shorts out in public. Granted to the veteran boot wearer this may seem like no big deal. To me though, it was a major victory. I went to a nightclub on Manhattans Madison Square Garden area called downtime. Granted its a goth club, but baby steps come before running for me. I asked one stunning brunnete with equally stunning black stilleto pumps and long lean legs if she liked my outfit. She said yes (I was wearing simple black t,black shorts, knee high stockings and boots). I even said, "but what about my boots?" And she looked at them and said, "there doesn't look anything wrong with them to me." Another beautiful brunnette said the look was unique. I walked by a group of blondes on a bench and all 4 heads turned to look at me. Maybe shock value? I even had a girl ask me if I was having fun...today we had our first date together too! I can't wait to go out again in my boots. Maybe I'll dare my 4" 9 West Stilletos next time...

Congratulations. A big step taken. Glad you experienced no adverse reactions. Madison Square Garden, Times Square area. Anything goes and usually does. Be careful, who knows what evil lurks in the depths of the shadows in downtown Manhattan????? Dressed in that manner, someone might mistake you for an "easy mark." (Boots with shorts???? Here, sandals are usually worn with shorts and t-shirts. Boots are made for cooler weather. But then, that's just the opinion of one person that happens to lives in a much warmer climate.)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I did it again last weekend. Same place, same time. Same 9 West 3.5" blade heeled knee high boots, with short black shorts, and a black floral/lace blouse. I met a new women who seemed to think its no big deal and even likes my boots. Even in bed. Even walking the streets of Manhattan, not major ones but minor ones like 30th and 31st, the fear is definitely that: Fantasy Experienced As Reality. Maybe my next step is to wear them out to another venue not as liberal as the goth club.

Last night i visited the same goth club in manhattan. Wearing my "outdated" 3.5" 9 West blade heeled knee high boots with shorts. I even had the courage to ask 2 of the most beautiful women with mini skirt dresses what they thought of my boots. The first girl said, "they look nice" and "thats funny." And then she took her Diesel pumped boot and held it against mine asking what size I was for I could potentially wear her shoes. And then she laughed. After I explained my fashionlessness by wearing blade heels (I really don't follow fashion that much but if you are wearing sexy, fashionable shoes it seems your chances of attracting positive female attention go up), she said who cares, "they look good." Then her equally legy and attractive friend came over and we asked her what she thought. Her first exact words were, "They're okay," and then,"pointy toes are in." See what I mean about the fashion monitoring? Then the first girl asked me if we were going to be shoe critics of the people walking around. So the experience was definitely positive again. Even as a man in shorts with womens knee high high heels on, alot of people still don't notice footwear. It'll be nice the day when I wear them in day light in public. I'm thinking about going to a venue in St. Marks Place in the Village for my first outing.