Hello all

Welcome jo73. If your into high heels and you've been "lurking" for a while, then you know what delights await you here. Glad to have you as a member and we are all looking forward to your contributions.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Guest Loveshiheels

Hello and welcome to HHplace. Tell us more about your self. Do you own many heels. What is Kingston like for shoe shops?

Thanks all for the welcome :o Kingston is.........pretty rubbish for shoe shopping :w00t2: Having size 9 plates of meat, I'm not very well catered for, but in fairness, most of my heels are 5 - 6 inches, so even if I had smaller feet, I doubt I'd do much shopping there :cool1: Luckily, I'm only a stones throw from London :-? Do I own many shoes? courts, knee boots, thigh boots, ankle boots, (and some not so overtly feminine shoes for normal everyday use)..........and dare I say......even some Uggs!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks all for the welcome :smile:

Kingston is.........pretty rubbish for shoe shopping :thumbsup:

Ahh, Kingston! Until 1973, I lived just across the Thames from Kingston and it was considered the principal shopping venue for almost everything. In the early '60s, it was certainly the place locally to see and buy stilettos and the fashion-conscious ladies of my acquaintance would make a bee-line there. I'm sorry to hear that the shopping opportunities are no longer so exciting.

I remember Kingston particularly for a 'sighting' in around 1963 - a lady of around 35 walking cautiously out of the station into Wood Street, wearing a pair of rather striking royal blue stiletto courts with red heels at least 5" high. I just stood and stared and have never forgotten that image - sheer sexiness! (And I have always wondered - was she wearing them for herself or for someone special or just because she could? I wish that I had had the nerve to ask!)

Hi and welcome. I'm also quite new here.

I wear a size 11, luckily I found a few places that stock the kind of boots I like, in my huge foot size.

What style of boots, Bb, and where have you seen them stocked?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jo73 Like Puffer I also originated from the kingston districts having departed in 84. Still think the one way system goes the wrong way, miss the Jolly Brewers and The Three Fishes Welcome to the forum.

Like Puffer I also originated from the kingston districts having departed in 84.

Still think the one way system goes the wrong way, miss the Jolly Brewers and The Three Fishes

One way system? Ah, yes! But it was much better when Clarence Street and Eden Street were proper roads and inhabited (pre May 1962) by trolley buses going in both directions. My first Saturday job was at Bentalls in 1965 - paid 80p a day if I remember correctly, 10p of which went on my train fare.