Courage

wolf

Did this site have give you the courage to wear your heels outside?  

412 members have voted

1. 1. Did this site have give you the courage to wear your heels outside?

• No, I was already wearing heels outside
    • No, I have not yet found the courage to wear heels outside.
    • YES! Thank you all!!

I could never wear heels outside my on city town.

For sure it's safer to wear heels in a town you know rather than go to a place you're unfamiliar with. It's also easier to wear heels in a town/city environment rather than in rural areas.

If you like it, wear it.

• 1 month later...

For many years I have been trying to overcome my fears and wear my heels in public. As many others here have said the only problem is in my own mind, and the noise made by the heels is one of my main problems.

To try an overcome this I had my local cobbler fit steel cleats (taps) to the heel of my male shoes. As you can imagine they make a lot more noise than any of my rubber or plastic tipped high heels and have been wearing these for the last couple of weeks.

This has helped me to build up my confidence and realize that most people don’t react to the sound of loud heels, if they do they are probably on this forum anyway !!!

sept181, You can modify your shoes if you like but then it's like you're muffling your own personality. I would just follow the advice of many here and wear some closed-toe wedges or boots under bootcut jeans and go to a crowded place and just blend in. The key is to look confident in your gait, and your look and you will see that it is no big deal. There are guys here, and they present themselves as guys, who wear heels or combine them with other things like skirts, interesting tops, handbags, and nothing bad happens. You can only decide for yourself what step to take and when to take it. We have all been there.Once you do take it though you'll find that the going gets much much easier. Good luck my friend! HappyinHeels:wave: