Courage

wolf

Did this site have give you the courage to wear your heels outside?  

412 members have voted

1. 1. Did this site have give you the courage to wear your heels outside?

• No, I was already wearing heels outside
    • No, I have not yet found the courage to wear heels outside.
    • YES! Thank you all!!

Hard one to answer, as yes I was already wearing them out, I wasn't nearly as bold and styled as I am now! I thank this site for helping me out, so now I wear them out proud with a decent outfit with them, as opposed to just sneaking around at night and empty places!:o

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

I 've just made my first outing this month , and i wear heels since so far i can't remember . I did my first outing now because here at HHP i've found the only place on the planet where i can share my experience . Can you remember your first outing ? and how fast your heart was beating ? You need to share this moment with someone , and here it's the only place where people understand . So a big yes for me !

And maybe i'll get the courage to do in in public one day ! this will be the next step .

i found by accident that no one really cares if you wear in public. i was using a public beach to swim in my fetish boots and leather and this couple came by to my(up till then)secluded swimming spot. after a brief startlement,they merely went about there business. i was intrigued by this,so later on i went to an outlet mall in my gear and walked around. i found that the public has 3 distinct reactions to such a sight... #1-they act like you are not even there #2-they briefly stare and then act like you are invisible #3-they go apeshit,staring,pointing,giggling,whatever. this is the smallest group and usually is comprised of brainless adolescents in groups of 3 or more. ive been doing this for several(about 10) years. i also go to various appointments all dressed up. now when i dont dress up the staff will ask what happened to my fetish gear. other things have happened also...2 of my neighbors shun me now like i have the plague...no great loss i say. glad i know what they are made of now...lol. but the really cool people that i know dont let it bother them,i am still the same of pre-fetish boot and leather dude they knew before. so to all that are afraid of people not liking you for wearing heels,dont let it bother you. the ones that abandon you probably werent worth knowing in the first place.

Hard one to answer, as yes I was already wearing them out, I wasn't nearly as bold and styled as I am now! I thank this site for helping me out, so now I wear them out proud with a decent outfit with them, as opposed to just sneaking around at night and empty places!:o

I'm along these same lines as Scott. I have worn high heels and worn them in public for years with some trepidation. But after hearing so many other stories and experiences of men wearing high heels and especially in public, now for me the sky is the limit. I wear them proudly and enjoy the experiences and reactions.

Guest Loveshiheels

Last Sunday was the first time I wore stilettos in public and it felt good. So yes HHP did help me there.

As a young child, there was a time I literally lived in my Mary Jane patent leather shoes. Since then, my heeling experiences have been done in relative secrecy, because I was denied the choice of having another pair of my own to wear until I could earn enough money to buy them. Even then, the mindset had been deeply engravened, so that I felt alone in my desire. To express such an activity, either vocally or visually, would brand a person as an outsider to be rejected and ridiculed. Not wanting to receive such a social label, I kepted to myself and heeled out of public notice. Breaking these ingrained mental attitudes to publicly wear heels are hard hurdles to go over without any outside encouragements. In my heart I always knew there were men and women, whose desires to wear heels were the same as mine, but without any actual contact the possibilities seemed bleak at best. Then I found this forum of people who were expressing their desires and activities to wear high heels from all over the world. It's still not a unified community for there is even differing opinions about the choice of high heels one should wear, but we all have a focus of wearing the heels of our choosing.

I just don't know what to vote... I was already street-heeling before being a member of this website, but in most conservative styles, not everyday and mostly at night. This website is truly giving courage to be more natural with heel wearing, pushing one to do heels everytime, everywhere and in every style. Now I'm wearing heels everyday, and I have the balls to wear more feminine styles when outing or partying. And I'm quite sure this evolution was also partly impulsed by hhplace community. So, thanks to all members of this website !

Before finding the HH Place Forum, my public heeling was only in femme dress. After---the Forum reading encouraged me to do it in public quite often. I haven't been able to do it for a while because of health problems that won't permit that activity right now.:o But hopefully in the future. The key word here is---HOPEFULLY. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Well, I was already out and about in heels before I found this site, but networking with other like minded men who love women's shoes fortified me, encouraged me to push the envelope like when I wore heels at where I used to work, and even experimenting with colors other than black, brown or navy. And people here even looked up to me as a role model and a pioneer when it came to heeling in the workplace, something I appreciated greatly. All in all, being a member of HHPlace has been a worthwhile experience.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I had been wearing my heels in public for years before joining this site. Actually, I was a participant in the "forerunner" of hhplace. Jenny's high heel website and chat room. (Chat room is still active, by the way) I often discussed wearing high heels in public with Jenny and learned that Jenny, like most woman, find 4" heels to be the most comfortable to wear for every day work and activities. She also encouraged men to wear heels. There wasn't a thing wrong with their wearing heels as far as she was concerned. Sure do miss her and Debby(HK) and Jane and several other long time participants.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

No, I have been wearing heels for many years now and people are used to it now. I remember when I started wearing earrings in both ears back in 1988. What looks I got! Now it's considered trendy!:o

I had worn heels outside a few times before discovering the Delphi Forums back in 2001. Then when the delphi forums died and they redirected everyone to the new mega forums, I waited 10 months to register! Yes, I was that shy about wearing heels outside then!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I was strictly a closet heeler before I encountered this forum (and Jenny's before it). It has definitely given me the courage to try wearing in public, and I've gotten bolder every year. I'm most comfortable in clogs and mules with a 2-4 inch block or tapered heel and long jeans. Thanks to everyone for the inspiration and motivation! GWL

Hard to say, I had started doing discreet street heeling about six months before joining this site, but had visited the site in the past as a guest, so it might have been this site that gave me the boost to do it, I cannot recall for sure. Many people on this site give such encouraging words and have helped me to have more courage to do this. I enjoy knowing that so many here are in very similar situations and are so understanding. I have felt very comfortable posting openly here and discussing my honest feelings for not only heels, but a few other topics I never thought I would be talking openly about. I have definitely continued to push the limits of what I thought I would do in the past as a result of this site. Many here are well beyond me on their streetheeling, but I have to keep some sense of reality having two young children (and wife) and I have a rather conservative job. I don't want to cause any discomfort for my family or do anything to jeopardize my career, so I will probably remain at the quieter side of streetheeling for a few years to come anyway.

I would say that I was occasionaly streetheeling before joining this site, but since then all the supportive discussion has helped me realize that my choices are what they are. All the great people here made me realize that the fear and shame I had been feeling were unwarranted; I now go out in moderate heels (read: block heeled boots) with confidence. But the most important thing HHplace helped me with was when my wife found out what I was up to. All the shared experiences and thoughtful discussion here about other people's situations when their SO discovered or was told really helped me thru it. I was able to offer reasonable arguments and was actually able to talk with her about it. I truly feel the way I handled it, using the knowledge gained here, avoided a complete melt-down.

"It's just a flesh wound"

COURAGE?

My 2nd favorite quote from THE WIZARD OF OZ:

"You have plenty of courage, I am sure," answered Oz. "All you need is confidence in yourself. There is no living thing that is not afraid when it faces danger. The true courage is in facing danger when you are afraid, and that kind of courage you have in plenty.

- L. Frank Baum (Wizard of Oz)

And from the Rocky Horror Picture Show:

"Don't Dream It, Be It"

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

dont forget this one gary0618 "I'll get you, my pretty!":smile: oh and I almost forgot this one: "pay no attention to man behind the curtain!" (LOL):o

i already wore heels, not outside deffinitively, but when accidentally i found this forum and began to read all your stories, and the way we al feel and somehow share the fancy for heels, it made me accept myself and even wear them at the office, luckily for me i own a small design bureau, my business associate is gay, and we only have two employees, who have been with us for more than ten years, so one day i decided i needed some space where i could wear my heels and told them about my need to wear heels, they said it was alright for them, and if it weren't for the fact that i have small children i would probably be wearing them everywhere. thanks guys

dont forget this one gary0618 "I'll get you, my pretty!":smile: oh and I almost forgot this one: "pay no attention to man behind the curtain!" (LOL):o

Please do not forget the discourse of the Cowardly Lion as he sings about courage in "If I Were King of the Forest"

"What have they got that I haven't got?"

and the unanimous answer was "COURAGE!!!"

LOL

It's all about the heel!

Wolf, what an excellent question, thanks for asking it.

I am very grateful to HHP becuase it is this board and the many wonderful members on here that have allowed me to rationalise the wish to wear heels. Like many it all started with stilettos and the paraphernalia that goes with it and the CD thing and so on. The members of HHP have allowed me to see beyond this preoccupation to "dress like mother" and to develop my sense of what will work for me.

It is the words of wisdom of such veterans of the heel as Firefox and his excellent website that made me realise what does look good on a man and what doesnt. In general I believe that stiletto heels do not work for men, they certainly don't for this man, but that doesn't stop me enjoying wearing them around the home. Cubans do work very well at all heights, as for other styles, then I look at them on a case by case basis.

HHP members also helped me sort the look, which is so important to being able to wear heels out and about because of the many discussions about girls jeans fitting better and so on led me to try a pair of womens trousers(pants) of the more formal nature (i.e. black with a crease similar in look to my normal daily wear). Having discovered trousers from the ladies racks and how much better they looked when wearing heels, becuse they are designed to be worn with them, was a key factor in me wearing heels all the time to work. Guys trousers are just too small at the cuff to accomodate a heeled shoe.

So this is a great opportunity, courtesy of Wolf, to thank all the members of this board for their contributions over the years that have helped me to enjoy the wearing of heels.

Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I must admit I felt very alone until I found HHP. Reading your encouragement for others and your commitment to discussing everything heels has helped me come to terms with heeling. I still don't venture out of the house but have been in the back garden after joining the forum. My next venture is to leave something in the car which I need so that I have to go and get it. The carpark is 100yds from the house and I will have to walk past other houses and along a road. It sounds like nothing but thanks to you I am contemplating it. Thanks again everybody.