Courage

wolf

Did this site have give you the courage to wear your heels outside?  

412 members have voted

1. 1. Did this site have give you the courage to wear your heels outside?

• No, I was already wearing heels outside
    • No, I have not yet found the courage to wear heels outside.
    • YES! Thank you all!!

Mike, The clerk did find another Nordy's that had the size 11 and offered to order them for me. I declined for the moment, since I have too many pairs of heels and winter is coming. It would have been an impulse purchase anyway - maybe it was good they did not have my size - ha ha. Thanks for your comment, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 2 weeks later...

Kittyinboots, Wow! The first parts of your Dec 8, 2009 post are really close to my experience. I gather that your wife has no objection to your HH wearing; gotta' make things a LOT easier. Like most, I started out wearing only in house, alone. Later, when alone, I got the courage to go out in daylight to retrieve empty trash & recycle containers from the curb. Several cars went by, but as far as I could tell, no one noticed. Next, drove to Lowes Hdwre. but changed to flipflops to go into the store (cluck, cluck, cluck). Last time was on a Sunday afternoon to a post office lobby to mail metered mail (no box pickup on Sundays). A car departing the parking lot stopped and looked as I left the building, but no comment was made. What a rush! That's been weeks ago, but your story below has me planning an outing for this coming Tuesday (bride OOT for the day) to a large mall in a distant part of town where there's little likelyhood of running into anyone I know. Probably will wear 4" black wedge sandals (Report Signature from Endless.Com) with black sox to be as unobtrusive as possible. Wish me luck; man, am I nervous just thinking about it. Having read many similar posts and most of this thread, I expect most of the experienced streetheelers are with me in spirit. It'll be nerve wracking, but memorable. Thanks for your encouragement! It hit just the right note... UPBy5.

I voted no only because I haven't been out locally by myself or with my significant other. Don't think she would be happy with me in heels and her in flats. She never wears heels these days. I think she would rather keep it in the bedroom if you know what I mean. I did do a 'walk a mile' event recently, but that doesn't count in my book, besides, there is no way I could wear a pair of heels like the pair I wore for the event out in the general public - - flash stripper heels all the way. I've tried on shoes/boots in a variety of stores with little to no problems so far, and did get a pair of boots I think I can pull off a public outing with little to no problem, but I think I'll wait until I get somewhere that nobody I know will be at. Maybe a Mall half way accross the state during one of my cross country drives I make regularely these days. Walking around in high heels above a western boot in my neighborhood would be dangerous in more ways than one. Back country roads and lots of gravel coupled with neighbors that don't even wear boots with underslung heels. They think I'm crazy wearing Dingo's with a 2" stacked riding heel, but I've been doing that for almost 30 years in the woods etc. so it's no problem for me. We will see how well it goes in the next few weeks.

What experiences we have!!! I thought I was unusual to be into slightly off-beat attire for the pedal extremity. In the 80's I really liked platforms and wore them to work daily. Today, I wear Dansko clogs almost all the time, and really dislike the sneakers that other "know-it-alls" recommend. I have several pairs of Dansko, and am very pleased to have picked up a nearly new pair at a thrift store for eight bux. As my screen name suggests, I like clogs the best, including the beautiful pairs that I have with 3.5 inch heels.:wave:

Having read many similar posts and most of this thread, I expect most of the experienced streetheelers are with me in spirit. It'll be nerve wracking, but memorable. Thanks for your encouragement! It hit just the right note... UPBy5.

real men wear heels

I have worn heels out for some time however I must admit I was frighten by what attacks I might be in for. If I were with an other experienced heeler I would not even care. Why, because sometimes if you learn from someone else and see there courage you can draw from it the knowledge of how to handle it. I hate being so shy and its not fun, but if you have someone to look to the moral support from them changes everything. So I have been out there with my heels on in fear of an attack. There are so many reason I feel this way, but If I were around others that wore there heels without compunction it would make me feel so much better. My passion sometime overrides my fear and I do it anyway. I feel like that heels are just shoes why is it so hard for others just to accept the wishes of those who wear heels an be nice. I can't figure it out. To bad there is not a law mandating that all males must wear heels at least once a week. Then there would not be such a clamor over it. I sometimes feel that the ones that start trouble are jealous and have a closet foot fetish anyway. Sorry to rage and rant but it sure cuts into everyone life when you run into haters. Best wishes Asa

Asa Valen-Heelster-UpBy5. This is NO brag. Today is my every day. Up at 0830hrs. Dressed in Tan jeans, a brown pull-over, 6" black patent oxfords spiked high heels. Left the house for doctors appointment, then stopped into Cord camera shop, then Allens coin shop, then Best Buy, then art supply shop, then grocery shopping at Meijers, and back home. At no time did I ever change shoes. Only my Endocrinologest remarked " Those are interesting shoes" Nothing from anyone, anywhere else. Don't let your fears dominate you. However, I have had several years of martial arts training. But, You only live once, ( where have I heared that) make the most of it. Mike.

• Like 1

Since my very early years as a boy, I was picked on because of my features were softer than most. I was a very gentle boy, and that still rings true today. The Attacks on me at that time increased to a frenzy pitch. I was put in martial arts school in addition to my regular schooling. I spent a lot of time there because honor and respect had valor there. Eventually I met my "Midway" I was forced to prove. I was forced to go broadside with one twice my size. The out come for my revel proved a disastrous mistake on his part. I did not relish resorting to violence nor did I gloat. However it did gain one thing in a barbaric way and that was respect. All that I wanted was to be left to live in peace go to school and learn. I had friends in school who were neither big nor were they football stars. They were as gentle as I and I loved them all. It seemed that I was always the one that got sized up for a fight. The one thing I never wanted. So as I grew older and wiser I avoided the bulleys and the over testosteroned guys . All of this made me a bit feisty, and protective. As for my heels, well I just don't like them to be disrespected all because of an over zealous homophobic, Boorish, contentious, neanderthal. I guess it makes that little feeling of self esteem bash flicker inside.

• 3 months later...

Well, it's early days for me. I've been wearing heels outdoors for years now but nearly always in secluded places. I have walked in the street outside my flat but always after a heavy dose of dutch courage and under the blanket of late late nights. However, in the past few days since being on this site and reading all the cool stories I'm feeling more and more like making the step outside in public. The thought of it is so exciting! I think having good friends helps too as I'm starting to learn.

No not yet since I only have heels for a week. However it definately has helped telling my family So I can now sit downstairs with my boots on. But I'm sure it wil help me more in the future.

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

No not yet. I have only recently worn heels around the house (with the support of the wife). However, that is a bit limited as I do not do it in front of the kids (no need to confuse them). As far as going out I cannot even consider it. I have quite a bit of visibility in the community. I might work up the courage some day but it is not possible due to the community I live in. I guess there is nothing to do about it except perhaps if I am out town.

Yes and well today for the first time. Went to IKEA with the Mrs, me and my boots. Not the real heig but 3 inche ones. Bit nervous but went fine. Don't think people noticed except few people on the escalator. But I didn't care it felt good en it was nice being with the Mrs.

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

Haven't posted in quite some time, although I do visit and read posts every day. It does provide encouragement for the pleasure of heel wearing. The last time I posted the season was changing from shorts to jeans and I had just started heeling in public. Long pant season was just what I needed to get myself out there. I am doing my part for the cause. I have three pair of heels that I wear out all the time. A 2.5 inch thick heeled loafer, a 3 inch block heeled calf boot, and a 3.75 inch blade heel calf boot. I have been wearing these everywhere and enjoy every minute of it. Getting the correct length jeans was important in releiving the self-consciousness of heeling in public. Thanks to all for posting and sharing. It is very much a source of courage to get out there.

While I voted No, I was already wearing heels outside the site has enabled me to become much more adventurous. I now venture out onto a local high street and at a large outlet shopping centre at a nearby town a couple of times a month and during normal shopping times. Before HHplace my heeling was very infrequent - several times a year and never where I might be seen. When I purchased my last pair of heels I was actually wearing my 2.5" brown ankle boots and tried my new 4" grey patent shoe boots in the shop. It was a wonderful experience and many thanks to the site for boosting my confidence.

While I've worn heels out in the backyard a couple of times, this site is making me want to buy some new shoes and go for an extended heeling session once the weather warms up in my region. Not quite ready for the mall, but local errands should be a good start. Now, what to buy...

I was already wearing heels outside, but this site definately made me realize I'm not alone in my heeling endeavors.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Voted yes because this site made me realize I was not alone in my interest for wearing and gave me the courage to mention it to my girl friend. Even thought she was freaked out at first and still has hard time understanding it, She has encouraged me to wear out, but in a more conservative or maybe should say passable manor. Even though the heels she has helped me buy are at least 4" they work with my suits or outfits. However she tends to lean towards boots, not into and makes sure they are not to feminine, no peeptoes, not strappy, which I would like to wear but small steps.. the good thing is she likes shoes as much as I do so we are always out looking.

:smile:SORRY. But if this is what you want and what you feel good in, why don't you explain it to her and maybe she is in to it! If not there you have to deal with what you want! I'm not always right or wrong, but my lifes have given me the right thing to do, but you have to do what you feel good in and that is all that counts. And remember my friend, only you are the only one to Know one else can tell you what you are and what you like. That is my feels, Sorry if it don't fit.:silly:

YES, you helped me a lot... I have a feeling that I have emancipated my love for high heels, but I am restricted by my family, so I have to "walk a line" until I will have some free time for me. Until better times for me and my high heels I will read this forum and see what will happen:wavey:

Voted yes because this site made me realize I was not alone in my interest for wearing and gave me the courage to mention it to my girl friend. Even thought she was freaked out at first and still has hard time understanding it, She has encouraged me to wear out, but in a more conservative or maybe should say passable manor. Even though the heels she has helped me buy are at least 4" they work with my suits or outfits. However she tends to lean towards boots, not into and makes sure they are not to feminine, no peeptoes, not strappy, which I would like to wear but small steps.. the good thing is she likes shoes as much as I do so we are always out looking.

You are very lucky

Hi All I wear heels most days now, and they are always five inchs, nothing less, I do however only wear them in the car yet as I still lack the courage to go public, I have however been out late at night, and have walked past people but they dont realy notice, or if they did you couldnt tell, wear hold up stockings everyday too even at my work. This site is helping to boost my confidence levels now as I dont buy heels on line now I will go to the shops but again draw the line on trying, last store didnt say anything but I think they knew the boots I bought were for me. I have the utmost respect for the brave souls who can go public. Good for you. May be some day! Legs777777

• Like 1

Hi All

I wear heels most days now, and they are always five inchs, nothing less, I do however only wear them in the car yet as I still lack the courage to go public, I have however been out late at night, and have walked past people but they dont realy notice, or if they did you couldnt tell, wear hold up stockings everyday too even at my work. This site is helping to boost my confidence levels now as I dont buy heels on line now I will go to the shops but again draw the line on trying, last store didnt say anything but I think they knew the boots I bought were for me.

I have the utmost respect for the brave souls who can go public. Good for you.

May be some day!

Legs777777

I do wear my heels out in public with my wife the vary between 3" and 4". Tow are stilettos 3" and 4" and the other is block sling back. Tying to get enough courage to wear my 5" Pleasers Indulge out.

I know I've replied here already, but I just had to add that, as I continue to read the adventures of others in heels, I am becoming more brave to wear them myself. At one time, I never thought I would venture out into public, or at least where I would be seen, with any type of heels, unless I was for some reason in drag, such as for Halloween. But within the last year, I have worn 3" heel loafers to go shopping and even while I am doing parts of my work chores that involve taking pictures of buildings and the like. And I now quite often go into stores and try on heels in the store. So I must upgrade my previous just plain old yes to a more emphatic YES, this site has definitely given me more courage!

Ron C, You have gone from a lonely dirt road to a paved suburban street on the confidence scale! What could be next...stepping high in stiletto boots on Michigan Avenue?? While this reply could be tailored to anyone in the Chicago area it also serves as a notice to all others out there wondering about what is possible. You can ALL go as far as you want..you just have to try!! HappyinHeels:wave::silly: