How your taste has changed over time.

astrid

I am in my late 20's and I have been actively wearing heels for 8 or 9 years now. Over that period of time my taste in heels has changed dramatically. At the beginning, I only ever had the desire to wear knee high boots or thigh high boots with a high stiletto heels, 3 inches minimum. As the years have passed, my desire for the high heel has lessened and I now generally were boots with a heel height of 1-3 inches and the heel type has little effect on my choice of purchase. I have also started to wear pumps, which I really enjoy. I would have never even given pumps a second thought when I first started wearing heels. Have other people experienced the same sorted of tendencies over their heel wearing life?

i must be different cos from young to present day ive always gone for boots,the higher up the leg the better and the higher the heel the same.dont get me wrong someone wearing high heels has always caught my eye but high heeled boots will do it for me till im six feet under

When I began wearing women's shoes in public some eight years ago, I started out with blocky, chunky heels that looked closest to men's shoes as I was still just a tad apprehensive at first. As I gained confidence in myself, my horizons expanded, going from chunky heeled shoes to block heeled boots, the blade heels, finally pumps, often with up to four inch spike heels which I enjoy most these days. Not everyone here can wear pumps as it takes a lot of chutzpah for a man to openly wear perhaps THE most recognizable style of women's shoe, but it's what I love most.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

In the beginning, it was just "HIGH" heels- the higher the better. As of late, I still look for the taller heel when purchasing (have only purchased one shoe of less than 4" heel in the last 20 years), but my interest has definitely turned more towards style and/or unique/designer shoes.

"Necessity" is the mother of invention.

20 years ago, the few times I went out with heels on, they were 5" stiletto courts and I wore them exclusively in Night Clubs.

This time around, I'm wearing heels in the street and to shopping centres. Noise and wear rates mean I need thicker heels. Wedges have been the mainstay of the high heel atire, and lower too. The higher the heel, the slower the walk, so I doubt I'd get much done with 5"+ heels. So not only thicker heels, but lower ones too. No bad thing if I'm out wearing heels for 5+ hours several times a week as I'm heavier than I used to be too.

If ever I get back to sub 8 stone and a UK size 8 (impossible), I promise to wear 5" stilettoe's ALL the time. :smile:.

P.S.

I'm REALLY starting to get into girls 'cowboy' style boot. :thumbsup: Can't wait to find a style with 5" heels for visiting the local supermarket. :wink1:

Like most others my tastes have evolved too. I have even (shudder!!!!) alowed some flats to sneak into my collection but not to the point that the heels take a back seat.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I am in my late 20's and I have been actively wearing heels for 8 or 9 years now. Over that period of time my taste in heels has changed dramatically. At the beginning, I only ever had the desire to wear knee high boots or thigh high boots with a high stiletto heels, 3 inches minimum.

As the years have passed, my desire for the high heel has lessened and I now generally were boots with a heel height of 1-3 inches and the heel type has little effect on my choice of purchase. I have also started to wear pumps, which I really enjoy. I would have never even given pumps a second thought when I first started wearing heels.

Have other people experienced the same sorted of tendencies over their heel wearing life?

I tend to wear more of what I want to as opposed to what society would allow. When I was younger I wore 2 inch heels that even I couldn't tell were women's shoes. They were very generic. I graduated to higher block heels, mostly boots. Now I wear spike heel boots, block heel boots that tend to be 3.5 inches or higher, and some platform heels. All mostly with jeans. I'm just enjoying it all now.

When I began wearing women's shoes in public some eight years ago, I started out with blocky, chunky heels that looked closest to men's shoes as I was still just a tad apprehensive at first. As I gained confidence in myself, my horizons expanded, going from chunky heeled shoes to block heeled boots, the blade heels, finally pumps, often with up to four inch spike heels which I enjoy most these days. Not everyone here can wear pumps as it takes a lot of chutzpah for a man to openly wear perhaps THE most recognizable style of women's shoe, but it's what I love most.

I agree with JeffB. Whereas I started wearing chunckier heels when I first started wearing high heels, Now I wear more feminine and higher heels especially publicly. Maybe it's my age, attitude, personality, or all of the above. Dressing in an elegent man's suit and 5" stiletto high heels is now my trademark. And I wear them now consistantly.

Before I had almost no discretion... if it came in my size and I liked it enough to try it on, I bought it if it fit well. This led to many purchases for which I'd slap myself if I could go back and do it. Now I pretty nuch only pick up styles that I could wear out with no major qualms. This means lower heels (anywhere from 2 to 4 inches is good for me, I don't really need 5" or more), better styles (no more faux wood open-toe bow-adorned wedge sandals), and obviously conservative colors (black or brown only).

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Yes, my taste has changed. Now I go for more quality shoes rather than just buying stuff for the sake of it. Hence I scour charity shops and sales for good stuff I may like. My favourite high street retailer has to be Clark's. The heel sizes are moderate, styles/colours are good (not too many blows and whistles), they make comfortable shoes, they cater to my flats passion and the leather is good quality for the price you pay. Of I'll never rule out places like Schuh and Nine West! :thumbsup: I'm tending to avoid places like Primark/New Look now and will only buy something from those places if it is good, cheap, stylish and something I can work into an outfit (generally ballet flats as their heels aren't that nice anymore).

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

In my twenties, I only liked closed shoes. Initially, not even slingbacks. In my late thirties, I started finding open-toe styles that I liked. Lately, my wife has even found some sandals that I think are hot.