Hi, from Los Angeles, Calif. US

will

Greetz, Hi all, I'm new here, I never knew this site existed, finally a site for us. So much info here :santa_hat: Was referred here by CJ. I've been fascinated with high heels since 3, now I'm 30. I thought I was mentally ill or possessed? Let's see, I'm straight, strictly a heels lover, no chance of wearing other stuff. I'm married to a caring wife, we are great together. The only problem is trying to persuade her to wear high heels. She says low heels are okay but I don't see her wearing 'em. She says high heels hurt, makes her look taller than me, and may trip & fall get a broken bone, etc. She loves sneakers/flats so much they're inseparable. Anyways, I bought her various styled heels online before, and they're just sitting in the closet. I have to make her try them on, and after only 5 MINUTES she nit-picks and complains of pain, sweat, itchiness, and chemical odors. She says I'm wasteful, "Why buy X pairs of shoes? I only have one pair of feet!", and "we have no space in our cramped apartment", "I'm beginning to think you have a serious problem and need to take you to the psychiatrist", etc... Now I'm starting to give up on making her wear heels, just like I gave up on her getting a make-over, wearing dresses, makeup, manicure (dumb doctor told her not to get a manicure cause it was causing her stomach pains). Here's the twist, I'm interested & wanna wear heels myself, and don't know how to tell my wife, she'll flip out, i know her too well, she's very strict on social mores, that's what happens when we goto church... I got some great advice on another website so gonna try it out asap. Thanks for reading and Happy New Years - Will

Welcome to the Forum Will... I hope you find what you need here. Fancy dress parties and Halloween are great occassions to wear heels and then you can kind of say... "I like this I wouldn't mind wearing them more often..." You could make a bet and say "what do you mean they hurt your feet?... I bet they don't!"

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Thanks for the welcomes, Dr. Shoe and loveshiheels! Ive been reading the posts here and they're very helpful and handy. And I SHOULD read before doing/saying anything :w00t2: After reading the "heeling out" posts, i decided to try to walk outdoors in broad daylight. On the third step, you guessed it I sprained (ouch) my ankle wearing only 3" wedges, ho hum). :santa_hat: Well, while I'm 'healing' (may take 4-6 wks) I'll be reading more of you guys' posts, thanks! -W

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Will. Have you thought about heeling around your house before going outside to do it? It might be more forgiving where you can grab walls and furniture guickly until you gain your heeling balance. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

My wife totally hates the idea of me wearing heels. Just when I recovered from my ankle injury, my wife found my heels in the car while rummaging around, last week. She was angry and demanded why and where I bought them. :nervous: "They're only for women" "They make your butt swing side to side" "You need to see a psychiatrist, you have a mental problem", plus more I forgot. Before she found my stash, she got suspicious that I was spending more time at the park, late at night (it was only what 2-3 times). I said that the air is fresher, and less people around. She said it was dangerous. She told me to exercise outside our apartment complex. (Our unit is so tiny and tons of ppl live around the area, don't wanna get seen). Plus the fact that I never really exercise gave her the tip. She vehemently told me to NEVER think about wearing women's shoes again or else. :santa_hat: I told her that she rarely wore heels, and she said "So? That doesn't give you the right to wear heels!" I wanted to say "I'll go on Youtube and watch women in fetish heels!" but no I don't wanna get into more trouble. So now I'm sad, don't know what to do, I guess I'll have to quit this forum forever. Thanks everyone for all their help. Damn I thought my life was better being married, but I guess you can't have everything :w00t2: My wife may schedule me to go see a psychiatrist, plus with a big mouth like hers she probably told all her relatives and friends about this. In real life I'm very shy and wish to just disappear right now. Bye everyone, W

Will, should you ever drop back in and see this, there's something you might want to consider.

Your wife comes across as a cold and calculating woman. You have to deal with her on that level.

Let her waste some money on the psychiatrist . . . and save the bills. Then, when you have collected the charges for a couple of sessions, point out the vast difference in pricing between an hour of couch-time at the shrink's and a nice pair of boots at Nordstrom (or wherever). You can stock a pretty big shoe closet with the amount of money you'd spend on any psychiatrist. :santa_hat: (only half-joking here!)

On a more serious note, she obviously thinks there is something wrong with you. I'm sure I'll have a lot of agreement when I say that she might benefit from a psychiatric session herself. She sounds far too controlling for a healthy relationship, and you might want to go into this with the psych. It sounds like she wants to simply dominate your individuality with the force of her persona and that is not healthy for your marriage. Before it's all over, she's going to have to spend some time on that couch too. It might not get you into a pair of heels but it might help out in other facets of your life together.

Have a happy time!

Will's story is a perfect example of why a guy must reveal his love for high heels and heel wearing to any woman he is considering having a long term relationship with. Especially if there is even the slightest possibility of getting married and having a family.

Will's story is a perfect example of why a guy must reveal his love for high heels and heel wearing to any woman he is considering having a long term relation ship with. Especially if there is even the slightest possibility of getting married and having a family.

So true!

real men wear heels

With that kind of extreme intolerance, I would think that the signs were there in other matters of behavior, acceptance, approval/disapproval, etc. Been there, done that, never again. Some people think they are the arbiters of what is right and wrong for everybody.

I wonder what would happen if Will ever wanted a games console or to build a train set as a hobby.... Are those just for children? Will, I'd love to know if your wife has had many relationships before you, and how long they had lasted? Might be worth going down that road if the trip to the therapist ever happens. Sounds like she wasnt even open to discussion, or even curious to ask anything or why you want to do whatever you want to do. When a person really loves you, you would expect them to at least be curious enough to talk to you about things they might not like or would even at least want to know why. How long have you been with your wife?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I totally agree with what all of the posters are saying and your wife certainly has put you into a very rough situation. That can happen sometimes, unfortunately, and I totally understand your position. It doesn't help your self-asteem any, does it? I can imagine the position that I would be in if Mickey were like your wife and against wearing heels and my playing with trains all of the time. Of course, this doesn't help you out any. Maybe letting her put you under some professional help could prove interesting and possibly allow you to eventually turn the tables on her. Let us know how things evolve on this. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I told her that she rarely wore heels, and she said "So? That doesn't give you the right to wear heels!"

It doesn't give you THE RIGHT to wear heels ? Boy, women really pisses me off. You have every right to wear what ever you like. She might not like the look of it, but you DO have the right. Does she ask you permission to wear anything ? Even if I was to follow her logic, you still would have the right, if she doesn't wear them. Just like a store can't claim sole rights to a product they don't wanna sell.

Hi Will and hope you are still a member with us. Many of us have endured some form of "non approval" either from a loved one or other members of society. This forum at HHPlace is a terrific way to connect with others who enjoy the same types of things you do without judgement. Please feel free to PM us and we would love to chat about our experiences.

Hope to hear from you,

david & cathy

My wife totally hates the idea of me wearing heels.

Just when I recovered from my ankle injury, my wife found my heels in the car while rummaging around, last week.

She was angry and demanded why and where I bought them. :nervous:

"They're only for women" "They make your butt swing side to side" "You need to see a psychiatrist, you have a mental problem", plus more I forgot.

Before she found my stash, she got suspicious that I was spending more time at the park, late at night (it was only what 2-3 times). I said that the air is fresher, and less people around. She said it was dangerous. She told me to exercise outside our apartment complex. (Our unit is so tiny and tons of ppl live around the area, don't wanna get seen). Plus the fact that I never really exercise gave her the tip.

She vehemently told me to NEVER think about wearing women's shoes again or else. :santa_hat:

I told her that she rarely wore heels, and she said "So? That doesn't give you the right to wear heels!" I wanted to say "I'll go on Youtube and watch women in fetish heels!" but no I don't wanna get into more trouble.

So now I'm sad, don't know what to do, I guess I'll have to quit this forum forever. Thanks everyone for all their help.

Damn I thought my life was better being married, but I guess you can't have everything :w00t2: My wife may schedule me to go see a psychiatrist, plus with a big mouth like hers she probably told all her relatives and friends about this. In real life I'm very shy and wish to just disappear right now.

Bye everyone,

W

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

• 1 year later...

Needless to say I've been in a similiar situation. Once everything is revealed and even if you decide to go down the "straight" path, the wife will always be suspicious. It is obvious by this discovery that now she has an excuse to divorce poor Will. She has a problem with him wearing heels and that may get her thinking that his activities may lead to other things that will exclude her. Stick to your guns Will. If she cannot accept you for who you are and what you desire, then the marriage will fail. Jamie

Definately a very unfortunate situation. It's very sad that his wife didn't even care enough to sit down and have a rational conversation about it. That's no way to behave with your spouse no matter what the problem is