So, here's the deal...

ChipsHH

I'm temporarily out of school (financial problems), so now, I can wear heels around the house! Just, I gotta watch the time. My step-dad gets off at 11am, so after my mom leaves at 6-6:30 and I depart my sis to school at 7, I'm straight to the heels. So, my mom have these heels she bought awhile ago, and they're a tad bit small, but I can manage. I know: "Don't go and break something" or "Don't risk walking in smaller-than-your-foot shoes. You'll be sorry," but bear with me. I know how risky it is walking in them, and I'm willing to bear it, so no worries. (But I'll say sorry as soon as I break something :smile:) So, with this said, I need a schedule. Since I have about 5-7 hours, depending on my step-dad's mood that day, I need a training schedule, so I can train my feet in those darn heels. Wish I had my camera, but they're 4-inch shiny black heels from Fioni. Today though, I put them on and walked around for a half-hour. Remember though, I begin at 7, after my sis leaves. Then, I took a break, at least an hour, then put them on and walked around downstairs for 10 mins, only because the sole was getting horribly messy. So, I took them off again and cleaned them off, and about 20 mins. later, I slipped them on again. I walked for another 30 mins, and took them off again. I forgot about them, and put them on an hour and a half later. I decided at 11a that I would go for another hour in them, and I made it! They began getting numb 5 mins before 12, but I took the numbness on and made it somehow. (Phew!) So, that was today's schedule. What do you think?

Formally "HHDude"

if you're that determined to wear high heels, you'd best get a pair of your own that fit properly. Even if your mother's shoes are a bit small for you, your wearing them will stretch them to fit your foot and she'll soon notice that they don't fit her as well as they did before you began wearing them. Besides, chances are that she will become suspecious and start asking question in an effort to learn what's going on.....and what else of her's is being worn by someone else in the when she's not at home.

HighHeelDude, I totally agree with JNR. Even ifyou don't break them you will stretch them. Go to a charityshop to buy a pair of heels for your training, or maybe on ebay you'll find cheap heels. I would say, stop the training until you have your own pair. Good advice JNR FL

FoxyLady

HighHeelDude -- you may not realize this but Fioni is a Payless brand. Here in the 'states, Payless is everywhere, they have a wide range of sizes, they carry some styles that have a fairly respectable heel, most of the stores are self-serve so they don't bug you as you browse, and they don't cost much. On the down-side I'm not all that impressed with the construction of a lot of their offerings and most of their stuff is plastic (PU or PVC) but especially for a starter-heeler they are worth consideration. No, I have no financial connection with Payless -- other than that of occasional customer.

Have a happy time!

Well, I could get my own pair. Thing is: I don't have a car yet, nor a license either (not until the beginning of next year). So, the shoes are all I got until she goes again.

Formally "HHDude"

I agree most wholeheartedly... do not continue this way... you will never ever become used to them as they are not your size. Get a pair that are and you will be used to them in a couple of days... It will only end in tears!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I'm adding my $0.02 to this dicussion in agreement with the other post. If you have to walk, run, get on you a bicycle, take a cab, or ride a bus, you need the right size for your own piece of mind and comfort. Of course, call the store first to see if they have the pair of heels you want in your size. If not, get on line and buy your desired heels. You should be able to complete this with in the seven hours without any one being the wiser. In the long run, your Mom will really appreciate it. If you don't get your own, she will have to replace her's with an idea of what happened to them. Can she and you live with that?

HHD, patience is a virtue and you should practice it. Heels are going to be around forever and for you, unlike some of us old fogies, it will probably be fashionable. Its hard waiting, but when you get your first pair, Oh joy. Anyway, there is always EBAY, bargains galore. Just go one up from you mum and your away. TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

HHD; I gotta agree with all the others. Unless you have a death wish, I think you should STOP wearing your moms shoes as they will stretch and will not fit her properly and she WILL know what happened. BUSTED! Get your own and save your life.

real men wear heels

Patience IS a virtue.... forgot about that for a minute. Well, guess I'll be putting them back then. -sigh- I hate to, but I must, it seems >.< Those are like my faves though, but oh well.

Formally "HHDude"

I'm adding my $0.02 to this dicussion in agreement with the other post. If you have to walk, run, get on you a bicycle, take a cab, or ride a bus, you need the right size for your own piece of mind and comfort. Of course, call the store first to see if they have the pair of heels you want in your size. If not, get on line and buy your desired heels. You should be able to complete this with in the seven hours without any one being the wiser. In the long run, your Mom will really appreciate it. If you don't get your own, she will have to replace her's with an idea of what happened to them. Can she and you live with that?

As Histiletto says, where there's a will, there's a way! I bought my first pair of high heels when I was 12. I rode my bicycle to a shoe store on the other side of town, where we never shopped, and bought a pair of Green Patent sandals, with 4" black patent heels that I wore until they were so thread bear that I had to finally toss them out.

I just explained to the clerk that my mother had spotted the shoes in the window one day last week and thought they would be a perfect match with a new dress she had recently bought. I even carried a note with a description of the shoes and her shoe size written on it in case there was a question about my mission.

I remember they cost me $12 and I had to raid my "piggy bank" to pay for them.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...

As Histiletto says, where there's a will, there's a way! I bought my first pair of high heels when I was 12. I rode my bicycle to a shoe store on the other side of town, where we never shopped, and bought a pair of Green Patent sandals, with 4" black patent heels that I wore until they were so thread bear that I had to finally toss them out.

When someone brings up how old and young they were with a first purchase, I can't be nothing more than surprised. Honestly, 12?!

Formally "HHDude"

Yes, I was 12. If you search back through my postings, you will find where I've explained several times why I love to wear heels. The short story is that, like Johnieheel, my mother also gave me a pair of her heels to play with when I was 3 and I clomped around the house for months wearing them (a pair of black and white spector pumps with 3" heels). I never outgrew my love for women's shoes. My sister is 12 years older that me. When I was growing up, I learned that my mother bought her first pair of heels when she was 12. Since my mother knew I wanted a pair of heels of my own, I was sure she would give me a pair on my 12th birthday. She didn't. So, after getting over my disappointment, I was determined buy a pair myself. That's when, where and why I bought my first pair.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

@ HHD you have some good advice here from people that have the same passion as you. please take their advice. when I was reading the thread (new here and still plenty to read) I worried for your part, you not sure of your moms acceptance of you in heels eitherwise you would of told her, can you imagine if you slip up and get cought, dont think you wish/need that complication in your life. be paitient, there is a whole life ahead of you. have a pretty good idea of how you feel and your need for heels. try keeping youself occupied with something else, till you can get your own heels and even then be carefull!! good luck:smile:

Yes, I was 12. If you search back through my postings, you will find where I've explained several times why I love to wear heels.

The short story is that, like Johnieheel, my mother also gave me a pair of her heels to play with when I was 3 and I clomped around the house for months wearing them (a pair of black and white spector pumps with 3" heels). I never outgrew my love for women's shoes.

My sister is 12 years older that me. When I was growing up, I learned that my mother bought her first pair of heels when she was 12. Since my mother knew I wanted a pair of heels of my own, I was sure she would give me a pair on my 12th birthday. She didn't. So, after getting over my disappointment, I was determined buy a pair myself. That's when, where and why I bought my first pair.

That must of been a real disappointment, Bubba.... Does your mum still knows you are wearing heels? Mine does, but doesn't support it.

FL

FoxyLady

@ HHD

...can you imagine if you slip up and get cought, dont think you wish/need that complication in your life.

be paitient, there is a whole life ahead of you.

have a pretty good idea of how you feel and your need for heels.

try keeping youself occupied with something else, till you can get your own heels and even then be carefull!!

good luck:smile:

I got a couple of things to keep me occupied, one including a ton of homework (been out for a looong time; long story), so I think I can wait. Actually, I know I can wait :smile:

Yes, I was 12. If you search back through my postings, you will find where I've explained several times why I love to wear heels.

The short story is that, like Johnieheel, my mother also gave me a pair of her heels to play with when I was 3 and I clomped around the house for months wearing them (a pair of black and white spector pumps with 3" heels). I never outgrew my love for women's shoes.

My sister is 12 years older that me. When I was growing up, I learned that my mother bought her first pair of heels when she was 12. Since my mother knew I wanted a pair of heels of my own, I was sure she would give me a pair on my 12th birthday. She didn't. So, after getting over my disappointment, I was determined buy a pair myself. That's when, where and why I bought my first pair.

Oooh, pretty understanding mother, as it would seem. I, again, probably speak for alot of us in saying: I wish I had your mother! :wave:

Formally "HHDude"