Truth in description from Payless?

ShockQueen

I had to post this as it just kinda hit my funny bone:

Johanna Platform Pump

It says in the description "This trendy menswear pump...", and I'm thinking "It's about TIME!". I'm probably making more of this than it probably is, but I like the style, and the fact that they put "menswear" on it makes me really wanna get some.

Cheers!

SQ

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

^ Nice catch! I wonder if we can get a screen shot of that? Usually they describe clothing as being "menswear inspired"....perhaps retailers are opening up to the concept that men will buy their shoes.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I had to post this as it just kinda hit my funny bone:

Johanna Platform Pump

It says in the description "This trendy menswear pump...", and I'm thinking "It's about TIME!". I'm probably making more of this than it probably is, but I like the style, and the fact that they put "menswear" on it makes me really wanna get some.

Cheers!

SQ

I couldn't find that one but I did find this:

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensDress&BLC=WomensDressClassic&Width=Regular&ItemCode=56793&LotNumber=058189&Type=Adult&Popularity=&DescriptiveColor=Black

Looks like a trend is starting and Payless is playing to their market.

Hate to pop anyone's bubble, but one of the hot new trends for women is called menswear, i.e. male clothing with a feminine touch. More a sign of the freedom that women have in clothing than anything else.

Go gently through life.

Posted Image

Hmm! Interesting style. While I've never been a fan of platforms, I must admit I find this shoe rather intriguing, despite the "menswear" misnomer. And it comes in 13 wide. Perhaps I'll invest in a pair and see what they're like first hand!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I can testify that the Johannas are stunning shoes, i got 3 pairs in my Size 13 - could not believe my luck that i could find this style of shoe in my size so have stock piled them. I have a thing for these type of shoes as I also bought the Jessica Simpson style round Toe mini platform pumps payless was selling a little while ago in all kinds of colours, because a similar style simply can't be found in the large sizes (UK10/UK11) in the UK.

BTW I think that the Mary Jane heels they are selling at the moment (Joy Baby Doll Pump) are gorgeous - so i've invested in a couple of pairs of those too!

Posted Image

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

those look amazing too! Although a while back they had a similar shoe but with a white lining around patent black and a wide mary jane strap in a similar location. Before I could get them though, they stopped selling them!

Posted Image

From the "It's A Small World" department, I saw a businesswoman coming out of the subway yesterday sporting those very same shoes which she paired with a black pantssuit. I must say her overall presentation was quite impressive. While I'm not sure those shoes suit my taste, I won't deny that they look nice.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!