Our Beloved MrsHeels will be missed.

This morning, I was on my way out the door when my house phone range. I looked at the caller ID and answered hello.

"Hi Craig, it's Gary"

"Hey Gary, What's going on?"

"Katherine died this morning...."

From there, Gary shared some details of his wife's sudden and unexpected death. As some of you may know MrsHeels was a precious addition to our site. Not only was she one of very few women who actively read the site, but she was always supportive of men who wore heels.

More importantly though, she was the beloved soulmate of our long time respected member, Gary0618.

Posted Image

Gary0618 and MrsHeels at New York City's first heel meet back in March 2005

It is with great sadness that I write this. MrsHeels was a delightful creature, full of wit, energy, and a compassionate heart. For those of us that were privileged to know her personally, she will remain a beautiful memory for time to come.

Gary, my thoughts will be with you during this trying time.

Sincerely,

Craig

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Words seem so useless and empty at times like this. I notice that kneehighs used the term "soulmate" when he described the relationship between Gary and MrsHeels -- I have used that term to describe a certain someone from my own past. There is a great depth of love, commitment and devotion that leads to the use of that term and the loss of a soulmate is something from which you never fully recover. You simply figure out how to go on. Gary, you are in our thoughts (and even dare I say prayers?)

Have a happy time!

How tragic. So very sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you. I'm sure she will be badly missed.[/QUOTE] Because I am involved in mankind, the death of anyone diminishes me. At times like this there seems so little one can say. Therefore I will simply add my thoughts to JNR's remarks. Ditto for me. :smile:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Gary I am shocked and I too want to give you my condolances. Please give me a call if you need support as I will be calling you soon. I had meet her at the last heelmeet in the city and I know that she will be missed.

77r90dL lf

• 3 weeks later...

Gary, it was a pleasure talking to you on the phone last night. I have the utmost faith in you and totally believe that you will work your way through this swiftly with optimistic elegance and resourceful beauty. If you ever need an ear to speak to, I will always give you mine. :smile:

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Thank You to Everyone for your thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.

Katherine was truly my soulmate and solemate.

If I may.......

We met on eBay about 3 years ago. I was bidding on a pair of Enzo Angiolini Leather Calf Boots. She won the auction, so I wrote to her, telling her she stole those boots from me. I guess she assumed I was buying them for someone else.

We continued to chat online for many months. When my birthday came, I emailed her a picture of a pair of Harley Boots with 4 inch heels, that I had bought as a present to myself. She wrote back saying, "Those are Your Boots? Cool!"

A short time later, the relationship she was in, ended. We talked on the phone a few times, and decided to meet. I of course wore my Harley Boots.

We did not exactly hit it off right away, but we eventually got together.

When I asked her to move in with me, I did not realize how many boxes of heels (shoes and boots) that she had. Together we think we had over 250 pairs. AND, I am kind of a large size 11, where she was on the small end of size 11. So we could share many of our boots.

Eight months after she moved in with me, we married on St Patrick's day, 2006. She was Very Irish (see her photo). We married in a Methodist Church, with Old Irish influenced vows, then the reception was held in an Italian Restaurant. A real International Day!

She really was a special lady. She enjoyed reading this forum, tho did not post for many months. She encouraged myself and other members to enjoy our lives with our heels. She danced to a different drummer and believed we should all be who we want to be. She accepted and encouraged all.

Every Holiday we had together meant more heels. Christmas 2006, I think together, we gave each other about 8 pairs. Kneehighs and crotchhiboots know she never tired of shoe shopping. We hit every shoe store for many blocks during our first New York City Heel Meet.

We also had fun selling over 150 pairs of heel on eBay this past fall. Gave us some extra spending money for the Holidays.

I will say, more times than not, whenever we went out (shopping, dining, movies, walks, flea markets, shopping, etc) we were both in heels. Usually antime we left the house, she would look down and ask "Which boots are you wearing today?"

A very Short 15 Months after we were Married, Katherine suffered a totally unexpected, and fatal Heart Attack at about 3 am on June 15.

I do and will miss her until we are together again.

Thank You for allowing me to share this story with you all.

And Katherine would want you all to enjoy your heels to whatever level makes you happy.

Gary0618

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Thank You to Everyone for your thoughts and prayers at this difficult time...

...A short time later, the relationship she was in, ended. We talked on the phone a few times, and decided to meet. I of course wore my Harley Boots.

...When I asked her to move in with me, I did not realize how many boxes of heels (shoes and boots) that she had. Together we think we had over 250 pairs. AND, I am kind of a large size 11, where she was on the small end of size 11. So we could share many of our boots.

Eight months after she moved in with me, we married on St Patrick's day, 2006. She was Very Irish (see her photo). We married in a Methodist Church, with Old Irish influenced vows, then the reception was held in an Italian Restaurant. A real International Day!

...I will say, more times than not, whenever we went out (shopping, dining, movies, walks, flea markets, shopping, etc) we were both in heels. Usually antime we left the house, she would look down and ask "Which boots are you wearing today?"

A very Short 15 Months after we were Married, Katherine suffered a totally unexpected, and fatal Heart Attack at about 3 am on June 15.

I do and will miss her until we are together again...

Gary0618

I know that this is a difficult time. But if I may: you need to rejoice in the times you shared together. You will find that glow from those golden memories will help to light the way when the dark times try to steal upon you. My prayers are for you.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Gary, I'm so sorry to read this. Please except my condolences. I'm sure she'll always be with you in heart and spirit.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Being a very infrequent contributor to this Fantastic Site with its Awsome Cast of Characters, it's still So Sad to hear/read a member of this Vast Family has left. Please Accept My Sympathies Sir and (if I may say) we all know there's one thing for sure that'll keep you going during this time and then some, She'll still be having the Biggest Smile on her face every time you'll don a pair of Boots, whether they're Yours or especially Hers. Take Care My Friend and All The Best To You.

Boots Rock!!!!

Gary,

I met her (and you) at the first NYC heel meet. I was to timid to wear heels, but Katherine was so wonderful to me. She seemd an incredible lady.

May she rest in peace.

LoriLegs,

Nice to see you here again. Thank You for your Kind words.

Katherine had asked me many times if I had heard from you.

Yes, She was AN INCREDIBLE LADY.

And Thank You To Everyone for your comforting words at this most difficult time in my life.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE