Woohoo! first time out in heels

Maximilian

What a great response. I've had a pair of Stuart Weitzman's "sensual" pumps for awhile now and find the construction superb--far better than Nine West. They are built "Ford Tough" but are architecturally sculpted with an amazing sexy aesthetic.

Yeah! But they don't come in size 13! AAARRGGGHHH!!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

So, regarding my Saturday experience…

Originally, I was planning on staying at home and cooking myself dinner. However, I was kind of lazy so I preferred to go to a restaurant.
I was still feeling really good about my Thursday excursion in heels and had no doubt I'd wear heels again. But something in me told me that wearing the same black leather Via Spiga knee high boots (1) I wore up until then for street heeling just won’t cut it this time.

My 4.5 inch coniac leather Charles David (me wearing them - 1, 2, 3, website)knee high pointed toe boots with an indent heel were a possibility but I find the heel is still too high for me to walk comfortably outside.

Wearing my 4.5 inch chocolate leather Silhouette over the knee stiletto pointed boots
(1, 2, 3, 4)was also not an option because the heel is too high as well and they look good only when fully exposed, something I'm not willing to do at this time.

So, I was left with my 4 inch black leather Silhouette knee high stiletto pointed toe boots
(1, 2), boots that I was dreaming of wearing outside, boots that I didn't have the guts to wear, that is, until last Saturday. My Thursday outing removed the mental block.

Before wearing them on Saturday, I did practice quite a bit walking in them.

My chosen outfit for the evening, apart from the boots of course, was a Zara dark red buttoned shirt, Zara black pin stripe tailored pants, Calvin Klein black belt and a Ralph Lauren light black trench coat. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

I regard wearing pointed toe stiletto boots as the ultimate heeling experience but also an extremely feminine look I was sure would attract attention. When you hear the noise these heels make they are a dead giveaway. If I were to hear their noise, I'd be immediately scanning the vicinity for some hot chick in beautiful stilettos :-) Regardless, they are my favorite style of heels and these boots are my favs as well.

I decided to go have dinner at a trendy Italian restaurant. Being Saturday evening I was expecting the restaurant to be packed.
Since this constituted a big step forward in heeling, I was pretty nervous before exiting the car. It may have been evening, but at 19:00 in Edmonton right now there is still plenty of light.
Once out of the car and on the short walk to the restaurant entrance, I was greeted by one of the most pleasant sounds I've ever heard, the sound of my stiletto heels on the road and sidewalk.
Surprisingly, the restaurant was mostly empty. The restaurants' floor was basically a carpet so the noise my heels made was completely muted. I was given a nice table and had a good dinner. The few people in the restaurant, including the staff and my waitress (unfortunately she wasn't dressed as well as the waitress I had on Thursday and was dressed for comfort, pants and flats) did not say a word about my heels, nor it seemed that they even noticed them.

To be honest, I was relieved, yet a bit disappointed that after all the fuss in my head about wearing stilettos, fuss that had kept me from wearing them outside for YEARS, when the day finally came, no one gave a s***!
I tried to "overcome" my disappointment by going to the washroom just to hear the sound of my heels on the marble floor. It helped and put a smile on my face, that is, the thought of me wearing these awesome stiletto boots outside of home, in a public place.

Once I left the restaurant, I walked about 200 meters to a nearby atm. I passed a few people and a few cars. This time I was sure that people noticed my heels but I did not spot any negative reaction or talk about them.

I realized that it's been less than an hour since I exited my car in stilettos for the first time. Since I regarded these boots as my ultimate dress boots, i.e. I would not wear them for every occasion such as going to the supermarket, I felt like continuing my evening in them.

Where could I go on a Saturday night in them? Since I've already eaten dinner and haven't reached the point of being able to go alone to a bar/club in heels, I thought of another option…the movies!

By chance, I also wanted to go see Oceans 13. I got into my car, fired her up when suddenly it occurred to me, it's Saturday! The multiplex I go watch my movies in will be P A C K E D!!! I'm not talking about a full restaurant; I'm talking about hundreds of people!
"F*** it!" I said, what's the worst that could happen? Ridiculed by scores of people, especially the hordes of teenagers coming to watch the Fantastic 4? Slipping on the marble floor? Confronted by some young punks who would taste the feel of my pointed toe on their testicles or my stiletto heel on their sneakers? I made way to the biggest challenge I've potentially faced yet in my heels.

I was right, the parking lot was completely full (has hundreds of spaces). I searched for a spot for a few minutes and found one about 100 hundred meters from the multiplex entrance.
It's funny how far I came regarding my confidence wearing heels. Less than 3 weeks ago I was having second thoughts of leaving my car in heels in this same parking lot. Back then it was dark and the parking lot was virtually empty compared the how it was now.
This time, I had a full parking lot, with tons of people in and out of their cars making way to the multiplex, broad daylight and probably the busiest evening of the week to go to the multiplex. I took a deep breath and exited my car.

Clicking away towards the entrance, I've noticed people in all ages…young and old couples, parents with their kids and groups of young people, mostly teenagers on route inside as well. I passed quite a few of these groups, including a few intimidating looking ones (teenagers you would consider troublemakers). One of these groups even made nasty comments about a guys appearance (he didn’t seem odd looking at all) who walked a few meters in front of me. They didn’t even wait for him to walk away and I'm sure he heard what they said yet chose to move on without reacting. I was expecting the worst yet I managed to keep cool and broadcast a "business as usual" attitude. My confidence in wearing these heels really helped since my stride was elegant, not clumsy. I passed them with my heels doing "their thing" and got NO reaction and no comments from them.
When I finally made it into the multiplex, a large queue was waiting for me in order to buy tickets. Halfway to the ticket saleswoman, we were notified that tickets have run out for the screening of the film at the time I wanted.
No reaction or glimpse whatsoever to my heels during the wait. I bought tickets to the next screening and had about an hour to kill in the multiplex. I decided to stay there because I had noting better to do.

The surprisingly lack of attention to my heels boost my confidence even more. So, I bought a coffee and sat at a front table overlooking the entrance and the main passage of people going to their respective theatres. I even crossed my legs, and "played" with my heels every now and then by tapping them on the marble floor. My heels were more visible than ever. Yet nobody really reacted to my heels. I caught a few glimpses at me but nothing intimidating or out of the ordinary. Again, it seemed no one cared. This time though, I was hardly disappointed because I felt as though my heels were accepted and made no big deal, even though they were as visible as I could make them while wearing pants.

It sure was a great hour! On a slightly different issue, I also did what I enjoy a lot, people watch. I came yet again to the sad conclusion that the vast majority of people, men (especially) and women, have terrible fashion taste! People have no idea (or simply do not care) how bad they look in the clothes they wear. I've always thought that clothes have a tremendous impact on a person's attractiveness. Take an ugly person yet dress him/her in a style that flatters their body build and they'll look MUCH better.
I see these women, some of them good looking, that do not know how to dress. If there is one thing that I really do envy about women is their ability to choose from a vast array of fashion styles and wear them without any danger of social ridicule (as opposed to us poor men in this forum). There is bound to be a style that will accommodate ANY woman. These women just throw on stuff that don’t match (or think that they do) and ruin their image. Oh well, that's my 2 cents on the matter. I also guess I'm in the minority on this subject (with regard to fashion playing an important part in a persons look) since I've seen lots of couples where the man is dressed like he just came off the toilet seat in the morning and the women is dressed nicely. I want my woman to care (and accept) how I look because I will care how she looks.

Back to the main subject, the movie theatre was completely full and I had 2 people sitting on either side of me. I tapped my heels on the floor every once in a while to remind myself that I'm watching a movie in bloody stilettos heels! (I was so happy each time I though about it). The movie was good and I made way with all the other people towards the exit. I stopped in the washroom once more and was pleased as usual to listen to my heels clicking on the marble floor. I left the multiplex, got in my car and headed home.

My Saturday experience was fantastic! I had no incidents, no comments, very few glimpses, a good meal and movie and most importantly an evening of listening to the sound of my own stilettos in public clicking away. The only negative thing was the fact that my legs are not used to walking that long in stilettos, I need to practice.

On a final note, Yesterday I went street heeling again, this time to my local Safeway supermarket. I was looking for a more casual look to wear my heels with. I wore a gray sweater, dark blue Levis jeans, a wide black leather belt I bought at Sears dept. store and my 4 inch Via Spiga knee high boots which were mostly covered by the jeans. This was the most casual outfit I've worn with heels and the most inconspicuous. Nevertheless, I like the look.(1, 2, 3, 4) Needless to say that nobody noticed my heels or didn't care enough to make an issue out of them.

On a very final note, I decided to quit this whole incognito bs in my photos, might as well see who I am. A word of warning though, if any of you guys/gals show these pictures to my boss(I doubt he's a forum member), I'll hunt you down like dogs! :wavey:

Happy heeling guys!:smile:

• Like 2

Very very nice stories!!!......Once you started heeling you'll never stop.... :-)) ... Me too started with some shame and now I use them everytime I could... Soon I'll post the story of an entire day spent round about on 5" inch metal Boots downtown in the city. I've not stil decided if posting my face as you did!!!

Stay heeled and smile to life!

So, regarding my Saturday experience . . .

. . .Happy heeling guys!:smile:

A very well-written post describing an undoubtedly enjoyable experience! You inspire us all, Maximillan!

Have a happy time!

Highfeeling, do you live in a large city? Rome? Milan?

I bet you constantly see women in high heels.

Italy is a lovely country, best shoes in the world!

No I live in a smaller city but I spent that entire day on heels in Genova (north of Italy)..... Sure... Here you can met lot of girls on fantastic shoes, but not often so high as I like!!!

My heels are always the highest!!!! :smile:

Stay heeled and smile to life!

Great story Max. You have certainly improved your confidence in a short time. Keep us informed of your trips out in heels, it's a great read.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Terrific experience Max and great choice. Know Edmonton well and it is a great city for street heeling especially around the club area and also White Street. Hope you will be able to join us all over in London in February for the Heelmeet? david & cathy

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

.....I was expecting the worst yet I managed to keep cool and broadcast a "business as usual" attitude. My confidence in wearing these heels really helped since my stride was elegant, not clumsy. I passed them with my heels doing "their thing" and got NO reaction and no comments from them....

First off, thanks for the detailed documentary on your freestyling excursion. Pleasure to read it. Second, thanks for including all the picture links. I appreciate the time it takes to add picture links. Third, thanks for showing us your face!

And finally, the above quote is my favorite in the entire story, especially the words, "I managed to keep cool and broadcast a 'business as usual' attitude." Others will often feel about us what we first feel about ourselves and your experience and insight proves that axiom true. Great job!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments.

Today was my final street heeling day for a couple of weeks since I have to leave town for work.

Although I initially wanted to wear my 4 inch black leather Silhouette knee high stiletto pointed toe boots for dressy occasions only, I couldn’t help myself and decided to wear them with casual attire.

I wore a black long sleeve v-neck shirt, my wide black leather belt from Sears, my dark blue Levis jeans and my boots of course. (1,2,3)

I also took my small digital camera and managed to shoot some video of myself walking in heels outside. That was fun! (files are too large to upload, sorry) I left the house at around 14:30.

I wanted to pick up a few books before I left town so I headed to the Chapters bookstore. I spent 20 minutes there and found 2 of the 3 books I wanted. I got no comments or didn’t notice any glimpses from the customers or staff. One of the young male staff members who helped me didn’t say a word about my heels.

I then tried my luck at another bookstore but couldn’t find the book I've wanted either. Just like in Chapters, nobody noticed my heels although this bookstore had a concrete floor and my heels were clicking away.

My final stop for the day was at my local Superstore. I spent almost an hour there. There weren't too many people but then again, we're talking about a huge supermarket.

I managed to get the final product I was looking for and made my way down one of the aisles towards the row of cashiers when suddenly, my facial expression froze!

I had the look of a person who realized that something BAD happened.:sad: I knew exactly what happened but didn’t want to believe it. My HEEL BROKE!!!!!!!!!! ;)

(1, 2,)

I felt the build up of panic in me as I started looking around if anyone noticed what had happened. I looked at my heel and apparently, it did not break off completely but was still supported by a thin piece of metal in it (1). Nevertheless, I could not put full pressure on it anymore, if at all.

I had a basket full of products and was seriously considering dumping it somewhere. I even thought of removing my boots and walking in my socks. All of these thoughts occurred during a 5 second panic period.

I got my act together, took a deep breath and put on my best poker face. I also put the heel back in place.

Needless to say that my elegant walk was gone. I put most of the pressure on my left intact heel and it looked like I was limping to the cashier checkout. The lineup didn’t help my mood. However, I didn’t notice anyone specifically eye balling me. My biggest concern was walking from the cashier with my bags all the way to my car, a good 100 meters. I limped away slowly feeling ridiculous but managed to get safely to my car and let out a huge sigh of relief.

Once I was in the safety of my car I became SOOOOO pissed off. These boots weren’t some cheap ass knock off made in China. These were expensive Italian boots!

The leather is so soft and nice to the touch and the boots are very comfortable to walk in. But the heels? Pieces of :smile: !!!!I weigh around 130 pounds, not 200! I also didn’t put extra pressure on my heels by balancing myself on them at an angle. Oh and I wore them "SOOOO" many times outside...TWICE!!:wavey:

So now I'm stuck with my fav pair of boots with one broken heel and the other is showing signs of buckling as well (1).

My question to you members of the forum is: What do I do?

Do shoe repair shops have a stock of replaceable heels? Would they be able to remove the existing heels and find similar ones that are built tougher? How much could it cost to replace heels?

Are there metal heels that are covered with some form of coating? I'm not a big fan of metal heels but apparently I need tough enduring ones.

Well, it could of ended worse, with the heel breaking completely off. Now THAT would've been embarrassing!

Anyway, I'll have to wait until I'm back in town to repair my boots. One thing is for sure, once they are an have upgraded stilettos, I'm wearing them immediately.

I wore a black long sleeve v-neck shirt, my wide black leather belt from Sears, my dark blue Levis jeans and my boots of course. (1,2,3)

Nice outfit out there, and you look really good in the shades! Sorry to hear about the broken heel...

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Maximilian!

Bad break there. No pun intended.

You should have no problem at all having a local shoe repair shop replace both heels.

I have in the past, had heels changed to a different style, and replaced because of the same problem you had.

Good Luck

Gary0618

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Maximillian –

Where to start?

First, thank you for sharing you adventures with us. I’m sure that there are folks reading the posts that are thinking, “I’d be just as nervous as he is” but then keep reading and discover that all the nervousness was only in their head. I’ve always said, “The hardest step is the first one out of the car.”

The pictures really add to the story. The outfits look very natural as do the heels. Your confidence shows.

I have never broken a heel but I have lost heel tips and wound up walking "funny". I suggest that you take your broken heel to a good cobbler and tell him your concerns (take both boots). Don’t worry about telling him that they are your boots, in fact wear one of your other pair into the shop. If you not sure if he is a “good” cobbler ask to see some repair similar to what you need having done. These folks and generally proud of their work. Cobblers know shoes and will recognize a quality pair of boots and will be able to give you good advice on how to repair the heel.

I get the feeling that in a little while you will give up worrying about whether someone notices your heels. After that you will be disappointed that no one notices the heel on your great looking boots. I predict that you will give up trying to hide them and wear them, for all to see, over your jeans/slacks. Before you say “OH NO”, consider that you won’t have to worry whether someone sees them not and they really do look good. Try it first in comfortable places like the bookstores and the supermarket. Getting out of the car the first time (and maybe the second and third time) will be a panic but after a few steps it’s just like wearing any other shoes. All you have to do is project a confident image and you will have a great time.

Again, thanks for the posts.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 3 weeks later...

The first thing I did after coming back to town was to go search for a place to repair/replace my broken stiletto heel. It sure wasn't easy. At the first 2 shoe repair shops I visited I was told immediately that they would not be able to repair the heels and gave me no alternative. The next 2 shops were closed. I was about to give up but decided to check out 1 more shop.

It was like I was meant to find this place, very weird. I got there 10 minutes after the shop was supposed to close, yet it was still open.

At this point I was very skeptical that the guy could repair or replace the heel. However, he did not hesitate at all and said that he could repair the damage. He also mentioned that he was about the only person that still repairs high heels in the WHOLE country of Canada (whether he exaggerating or not hardly mattered to me).

Anyway, I'll wait and see if he will get the job done. I'm crossing my fingers since I love those boots.

Another amusing thing happened to me yesterday. I went to Henry Singer, a high end designer suit store in Edmonton, to look for a pair of men's shoes I needed for an occasion. They have one of the 2 shoes on a rack for you to try on. If you like it they go get the shoe box with the other shoe.

While checking out the shoes, I took off my new 2.5 inch "Old Gringo" rust colored cowboy boots (Allens Boots - online store where I purchased the boots) and put them next to a sofa in the store. (1)

I decided on the shoes I wanted to try and went to find a salesman to ask for the other pair. I was standing pretty far from the place I've left my boots. When the salesman came back with the shoe box, I went back to the sofa but my boots weren't there! Then I heard behind me a woman say "These would look very nice with a short skirt". I turned around and saw this gorgeous 25-30 year old blond wearing my boots while looking at herself at the mirror.

I silently approached her from behind and asked her if she was "stealing my boots"?

She turned around and had that stunned look. She turned red and slipped off the boots. She apologized and said "nice boots". I thanked her and laughed while saying that I love those boots and will not part with them no matter the price :-) I did however tell her where I got those boots and that she looked great in them. She then quickly left the vicinity.

Meanwhile, her female friend, who told her that she could try them on (even though the salesman who helped them said that those weren't boots that belonged to the store and were probably another customers') stayed behind and talked to the salesman. She couldn’t stop laughing and maintain a serious look. The salesman was also infected with the laughing bug. I could hear her laughing a few minutes after she left the vicinity of the store I was in.

I left the store with my new pair of black Hugo Boss dress shoes.

Just a funny incident I thought sharing with all of you. I really liked the fact that a hot chick wore my boots though heh heh. Her facial expression when I busted her…Priceless!

Oh, I received my Zappos order of 4 inch black leather Stuart Weitzman "Fever" stiletto pumps. (1,2,3). Unfortunately, they did not fit. They were too small and too narrow. My pinky toe didn't have any room. Alas, I had to return them. The 4 inch heel was also too high for me to walk in.

When I get conformation that they have returned to Zappos and get my money back, I think I'll go with the 3.5 inch black leather Stuart Weitzman "Sensual" stiletto pumps. (1,2,3)

I think I'll go half a size/1 size larger and get the wide (W) instead of the normal (M). Out of curiosity, does a larger shoe size affect the width of the shoe? (will a 10.5 M shoe be wider than a 10 M shoe)

I'm also waiting for a pair of 4 inch Luichiny strappy sandals. Hope they fit and that I can walk in them. (1,2,3)

Thats a good look on you Maximilian!. btw..Thankyou for sharring your pics and street heeling adventures...it's always great to hear of others experiances. jim