Woohoo! first time out in heels

Maximilian

Hi

Today was a historic day for me. I found the courage to go out in heels for the first time.

It was the spur of the moment thing, although I was gathering the courage to go out for quite some time. I wanted to go see Shrek 3 in my local multiplex and suddenly I thought what a better place to go heeling for the first time, a dark movie theatre.

I had to decide what pair of heels to wear. The options were either my Coniac Charles David knee high pointed toe boots with an indent heel or my newer Black Via Spiga square toe knee high boots with blade heels.

I thought that the Charles David boots would attract less attention because of the heel sound and shape (they make a heavier noise and could probably pass as higher heeled cowboy boots). The Via Spigas may have a square toe but the heel shape and noise are an immediate giveaway that I'm wearing heels. My pants won't have completely covered either of the heels.

In the end I convinced myself "no guts no glory" and since I preferred the look of the Via Spigas with a nice pair of pin striped black tailored pants, I chose them.

The via Spigas have a 4 inch heel and I'm quite comfortable walking in them, especially after getting used to walking in 4 inch stilettos. Nevertheless, not only was it my first time ever out of the house in a pair of heels on, it was also the first time driving in them.

It was actually very comfortable driving in them and I was so pleased! When I finally got to the multiplex parking lot I started getting cold feet because there were lots of cars there. I was pissed and surprised because it's bloody 22:30 on a Monday night. What are people doing there at this hour?!

Anyway, I took a deep breath and exited the car. It was just my luck that a bunch of people exited the multiplex and headed to their cars just when I was heading in. Every heel step sounded like an atomic bomb going off in my head. None of the people even bothered to look though.

What made matters worse for me was that just before I went in, this lady appeared from nowhere and asked for some spare change! I gave her a 5 and went in.

Nobody was in line to buy tickets so that went smoothly.

I was more relaxed after buying the tickets. I can't tell you how pleasing it was to walk inside the multiplex on a marble floor and hearing the noise of my heels. I could barely hide my smile when disaster almost occurred, I slipped! Luckily I gained my balance immediately and didn’t fall. I didn’t hear any giggles though (only in my head).

The theatre was barely full, only a few young couples and a group of teenagers (oh oh). Once in my seat though, I was all smiling and happy with my decision to wear heels. The movie was ok but not as good as the first 2. Who cares, I was much more satisfied with my personal accomplishment.

At the end of the movie I was the last to leave (didn’t want any stupid teenager remark). Since the multiplex is located in an outlet area, I decided to take a walk. It was half past midnight and no one was around, just me and the noise of my heels. Boy was that fun!

I'll always remember this night and I hope that it is a beginning of a long tradition of street heeling on my part. I just hope it will become easier over time until the day I'll find it completely natural and weird that people actually make any remark regarding my heels.

Good luck to all you guys out there who are longing for the courage to go out. I hope my first experience will bring you one step closer out the door. You can't compare it to wearing heels at home, it's much better!

Congratulations, it's a great feeling getting out in heels. It's suprising how different it is walking out on the sreets compared to at home, I can happiy spend all day at home in 4inch heels, but a few hours out on the streets and my feet are burning.

Fun isn't it! See how all the problems are no further than the end of your nose? We'll have you on a heelmeet in no time.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

congratulations, shure you did have to gather enough courage and some what the hell, you know what troubles me more is the famous question what if i happen to meet someone that knows me? really glad for you.

Hi

Today was a historic day for me. I found the courage to go out in heels for the first time.

It was the spur of the moment thing, although I was gathering the courage to go out for quite some time. I wanted to go see Shrek 3 in my local multiplex and suddenly I thought what a better place to go heeling for the first time, a dark movie theatre.

I had to decide what pair of heels to wear. The options were either my Coniac Charles David knee high pointed toe boots with an indent heel or my newer Black Via Spiga square toe knee high boots with blade heels.

I thought that the Charles David boots would attract less attention because of the heel sound and shape (they make a heavier noise and could probably pass as higher heeled cowboy boots). The Via Spigas may have a square toe but the heel shape and noise are an immediate giveaway that I'm wearing heels. My pants won't have completely covered either of the heels.

In the end I convinced myself "no guts no glory" and since I preferred the look of the Via Spigas with a nice pair of pin striped black tailored pants, I chose them.

The via Spigas have a 4 inch heel and I'm quite comfortable walking in them, especially after getting used to walking in 4 inch stilettos. Nevertheless, not only was it my first time ever out of the house in a pair of heels on, it was also the first time driving in them.

It was actually very comfortable driving in them and I was so pleased! When I finally got to the multiplex parking lot I started getting cold feet because there were lots of cars there. I was pissed and surprised because it's bloody 22:30 on a Monday night. What are people doing there at this hour?!

Anyway, I took a deep breath and exited the car. It was just my luck that a bunch of people exited the multiplex and headed to their cars just when I was heading in. Every heel step sounded like an atomic bomb going off in my head. None of the people even bothered to look though.

What made matters worse for me was that just before I went in, this lady appeared from nowhere and asked for some spare change! I gave her a 5 and went in.

Nobody was in line to buy tickets so that went smoothly.

I was more relaxed after buying the tickets. I can't tell you how pleasing it was to walk inside the multiplex on a marble floor and hearing the noise of my heels. I could barely hide my smile when disaster almost occurred, I slipped! Luckily I gained my balance immediately and didn’t fall. I didn’t hear any giggles though (only in my head).

The theatre was barely full, only a few young couples and a group of teenagers (oh oh). Once in my seat though, I was all smiling and happy with my decision to wear heels. The movie was ok but not as good as the first 2. Who cares, I was much more satisfied with my personal accomplishment.

At the end of the movie I was the last to leave (didn’t want any stupid teenager remark). Since the multiplex is located in an outlet area, I decided to take a walk. It was half past midnight and no one was around, just me and the noise of my heels. Boy was that fun!

I'll always remember this night and I hope that it is a beginning of a long tradition of street heeling on my part. I just hope it will become easier over time until the day I'll find it completely natural and weird that people actually make any remark regarding my heels.

Good luck to all you guys out there who are longing for the courage to go out. I hope my first experience will bring you one step closer out the door. You can't compare it to wearing heels at home, it's much better!

Hi Max,

for me it's always again a pleasure to read others experiences about your first outings on the street:clap:

Your story remembers me to my own kamikaze outing when I was daring the first time in my life to wear really high heeled boots in public. It was a late saturday afternoon of may in the city of Wiesbaden when I was standing with over 5'' high white block heels at a main crossing with a red light and more and more people accumulated there - me becoming more and more nervous. My jeans legs weren't long enough to hide my heels. I expected to be slaughtered but nobody gave a bad comment. When the traffic light switched to green I had the worst expectations:nervous: A crowd of cars were waiting at the zebra stripes and they all illuminated my white heels when I crossed the street. Eeeeh - they all must see my heels!?!

Nothing happened - naturally they all have seen me and some people in the waiting cars have guaranteed cried out "Look at this crazy guy, he is wearing high heels!"

The whole story took place 6 years ago. Today I'm wearing high heels regularly on the street and in my supermarket during doing my daily purchases. I was also glitching on the stone floor of the shop. Several people were seeing it. Like you I managed it luckily not to fall on my ass. Nevertheless I grew red like a tomato. But how many girls have experienced the same situation!? A broken heel isn't anymore only a special problem of girls but in future also for us guys:mecry:

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Maximilian -

Thanks for sharing the great story.

I’ve always said the hardest step is the one you take getting out of the car.

As you noticed, hardly anyone notices what you have on your feet and of those that do notice most don’t care or are polite enough to not say anything. .

These are great looking boots by the way. Seems a shame to hide them under pants.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Stepping out is right. Just bought a new vehicle - so now instead of stepping out and up from my little car - I step down and out of my large pickup truck. I love the look and feel of dropping down with the full shoe in view, anticipating the heeling experience about to happen.

Way to go Max. Great feeling isn't it. Heeling in public. Just keep in mind that you only go around once in this life. Don't let the ignorance of narrow minded people keep you from being your self and wearing what you want. You'll regret it (not going out in heels), if you do. Just be yourself and enjoy it and hardley anybody will notice or care at all. It's that little thing in our heads that keeps telling us what people might be thinking when they're really not. Oh, Nice boots. I have a pair of ankle boots from Bakers kinda like that that I wear every where and hardley nobody has ever noticed or said anything at all so enjoy my friend.http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o17/johnieheel_2006/hungryCustom.jpg

real men wear heels

Dreyden - You need not worry, the second…..pufff
Bond - Yes…..considerably.

While yesterday was my first time out in heels, I felt I'm on a roll. So, Today I decided that I'll wear my Via Spiga heels again while going shopping at the local IGA and Superstore supermarkets.

This time it would be in broad daylight. I also decided to wear my brown corduroy jeans, black shirt and my brown leather G1 USN patch jacket. I think the outfit goes very well with the boots. The only catch was that my boots would be very easy to spot with the brown jeans and the heel being visible. No guts no glory.

I must say that my anxiety level was probably half of what it was yesterday, even though it was around 18:00, broad daylight and many customers. I must have been shopping for almost an hour. My confidence level grew by the minute since I got no remarks, barely a few glances that I've noticed. In the end, I really didn’t care. I actually started to walk slowly, emphasizing the heel noise on the marble floor. The only concern was with the wet floor :-)

To be honest I did get 2 remarks. One came from a guy in his 20's with his GF/wife/sister/friend and the other from one of the cashiers. The remarks weren't about my heels but about my leather jacket. I got quite used to getting remarks about it. Actually, every time I wore it outside, someone told me how cool it was. Needless to say that I agree with them completely :-) I love that jacket and I think the heels just add to the cool fashion look. Outside, The aviator sunglasses don't do any harm as well.

One thing I did find out today was that walking in high heels for over an hour outside without being used to it is tough! It was hard walking straight in the end!
I guess I'll get used to it. However, I doubt I'll be going out in my higher heeled Charles David boots anytime soon since the lower Via Spigas were challenging enough. I need to practice.

I've attached links of myself in the outfits I wore. The ones with the brown jeans is what I wore today. The ones in the tailored black pin stripe pants is what I wore yesterday to the movie.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x81/RedMaximilian/streetheels.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x81/RedMaximilian/streetheels2.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x81/RedMaximilian/streetheels3.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x81/RedMaximilian/streetheels4.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x81/RedMaximilian/streetheels5.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x81/RedMaximilian/streetheels6.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x81/RedMaximilian/streetheels7.jpg

Thanks for all the comments up until now. I really appreciate it. Keep them coming.

Thighbootguy – I actually think these boots look better under the pants. With regard to my other black knee high stiletto pointed toe boots, they do look best with a skirt :smile: It will be a while until I have the guts to wear those outside but the day may well come. You , imho, are the ultimate role model for us guys wearing heels outside and are at the top of the courage bar. Chapeaux!

Firstly, congratulations on your first outting! As you found out, the whole world doesn't stop to stare at you when you venture out in heels. And it gets unbelievably easier after 5 minutes.

My next comment is regarding your outfits. I really like them. I like the brown jeans and I like your pinstripe trousers (I really need to find a pair like those). You've co-ordinated your looks brilliantly and that's the key to freestyle success. If we co-ordinate are looks then we can wear heels to almost our hearts content. If you don't mind I'd like it if you shared your pics above in our best freestyle pictures thread. It would be a very welcome contribution.

:smile:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

I can't believe how natural it looks. No wander no one commented on the boots. I just realized why people don't really notice when I'm out in heels. Great job! Lookin good!!!

real men wear heels

HeelD - You have my permission to post the pics. Anything that will help spread the word.

johnieheel - I also think it looks natural. Before going out for the first time I tried the heels with the various outfits I have. After getting used to wearing heels at home it just seemed so natural for me to wear specific heels with some of my outfits.

At the end of the day they are just shoes/boots with heels a bit higher than the other shoes I have which are considered "masculine".

I even think that wearing my pointed toe 2 inch mens black cowboy boots look more feminine than these and I never had a second thought to wearing them (I actually get tons of complements about them, from men and women).

In Alberta, where many men wear cowboy boots, the noise they make might sound similar to high heels (some of my cowboy boots do). If you wear the heels with a natural looking outfit, then by the time people notice the heels, you've already passed by!

Anyway, now that I've started wearing some of my high heels outside, they'll just become another boot/shoe I need to choose from before going out. It doesn't mean that I'll stop wearing my "masculine" shoes, just that my options have increased.

Great...more time deciding what to wear out. :-) That's probably my most "feminine" quality, the urge to buy more clothes, more shoes/boots, more shopping shopping shopping...ahhhhhhh
At least my future GF/wife won't complain to me that I don't like to shop with her.

Maximillian, As others have noted, a great look you make in heels. It looks natural. Great going. Your whole look goes together, complimented by your heels. It is not solely about high heels. They do not appear girly. An aspect of street heeling from my viewpoint is that around the house I prefer to got barefoot. As soon as get home from being out off come the shoes. Heeling around the house while fun, is not "natural" for me. I put on shoes/boots to go out in the world, thus street heeling is so much more an expected choice. It is a good idea to get practive heeling in private. I have seen women struggle with heels which does attract full attention to the shoe at the expense of the rest of the outfit no matter how well put together.

classic style high heel boots

Maximillian, Congrats, the ability to blend in with the total look helps. Your ability to match the shoes with the outfit, makes the shoes look natural. I am from Australia, with a much smaller population which makes it harder to blend in. Hope you have many more successful outings. Hopefully in the future, men wearing heels will be no different than us wearing jewellery. ie earrings etc

Maximilian; Does your GF approve of your heel wearing, and does she like shopping for shoes with you or are you two just getting started in experiencing this new trend? Just curious. Johnieheel.

real men wear heels

"future GF" :-)

None at the moment. Whoever she'll be, she'll have to be able to live with the idea that her BF likes heels as a fashion accessory. Oh, and she'll have to LOVE wearing heels too. What's the point of having a GF who doesn’t like wearing HH lol

"future GF" :-)

None at the moment. Whoever she'll be, she'll have to be able to live with the idea that her BF likes heels as a fashion accessory. Oh, and she'll have to LOVE wearing heels too. What's the point of having a GF who doesn’t like wearing HH lol

I know sometimes it sounds like it might be difficult to find such a gf but in my experience this has not been a problem as long as I'm right up front in telling her about my fashion preference. 99.9% of the women I know and talk to do not have a problem with it and think its cool that I am man enough to be myself when other men keep everything bottled up inside and unhappy all their life. Good luck my friend.

real men wear heels

Congrats to you, Max! As others here have already said, the very first time is always the hardest. Once you've got that initial outing under your belt, it progressives becomes easier, as does the fun factor. As for those boots----WOW!! Outstanding!! I'm jealous! I'd kill for either pair! Big props to you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

When I finally got to the multiplex parking lot I started getting cold feet because there were lots of cars there. I was pissed and surprised because it's bloody 22:30 on a Monday night. What are people doing there at this hour?!

They probably didn't want to be seen wearing their heels for the first time any more than you did. (Ducks and runs for cover...) :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I've been out of town for a couple of weeks and didn't have time to really respond. Worse, I couldn't go street heeling :-(

But now I'm back in the city of champions (Edmonton for all you non Canadians) and as Samuel Jackson said in the XXX films: "Let's take it to the next level".

I've been back 3 days and have spent 2 days street heeling outside.

Since I came back last Thursday, I had a few things to do in town. Naturally, I wanted to wear my heels.

The outfit I chose was a tailored white striped shirt with a black leather vest. I also wore my black slim fit Levis jeans, Calvin Klein belt and last but not least, my black 4 inch knee high Via Spiga boots with a square toe.

As you can see, my heels were in full view this time.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x81/RedMaximilian/streetheels18.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x81/RedMaximilian/streetheels19.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x81/RedMaximilian/streetheels17.jpg

The weather was bad that day with heavy rain. It pissed me off because it started raining just as I left the house and as you can see, I wasn't really dressed for a stormy day.

My first stop was at a leather store since I wanted to buy another leather vest. I had a slight mental block before leaving my car since it's been 2 weeks since my last outing. I overcame it quickly enough and stepped outside into the rain. Fortunately, the store entrance was only a few meters away. Slipping was a concern on the marble floor in the store so I was very careful while walking.

I was greeted by an empty store with only 2 teenage saleswomen. Naturally the stores' security gates started beeping to emphasize my arrival. Turned out I still had the security sticker on the black leather vest I bought previously in the same store.

The marble floor emphasized every click of my heels. The girls made no comment on my heels, not even a glimpse (at least I haven't noticed one). One of them helped me try on a few vests for around 10 minutes, each time sending me to the mirror to check out the look. Unfortunately, they did not have my size for the vest I wanted so I left empty handed.

The pleasant experience in that store gave me a huge confidence boost for the rest of the day.

My second stop was at Chapters,a very large bookstore. The parking lot was quite full so I had to walk quite a distance to the store. I passed lots of cars with people in them. No glimpses or comments. Personally, I love large bookstores. Endless aisles of books, the great smell in the air (you know, the bookstore smell) and a wooden floor combined with a carpet. Walking in heels on a wood floor is almost as fun as a marble floor.

I spent almost an hour there standing. It was great just standing around, walking slowly through the aisles with my heels on. The only place people might have noticed my heels were at the checkout line. I waited around 5 minutes. I didn't catch any glimpses though nor any comments. Another great experience to be repeated again and again in the future.

My third and most important stop of the day was at the Sony store. I was interested in buying a new video camcorder for quite some time. I was practically the only person in the store which had a marble floor giving the distinct heel clicking noise. The two male sales reps made no mention of my heels, nor cared to even peep at my feet. The sales rep helping me, a guy in his mid thirties was very courteous and professional. We spoke for almost 30 minutes. During these 30 minutes I was walking back and forth in the store deciding on the camera and accessories to get and going to the sales reps computer terminal to get some more information on the cameras. Needless to say that my heels made quite a racket :-) It sure paid off for the professional manner I was taken care of since I bought an excellent yet expensive camera to the pleasure of the sales rep. My third stop and third great heeling experience of the day! I was on a roll! By this point I was so comfortable in my heels that I had NO more insecurity issues with them.

I then decided on a fourth and final stop for the day, a restaurant. This stop was unplanned yet turned out to be my best heeling experience I ever had until that point.

I decided to go eat at a trendy Fusion/Asian restaurant. It was already 19:00 and the restaurant was packed so I just went to the lounge and seated myself. I sat a table in the center of the lounge surrounded by tables packed with people yet the distance between tables enabled people to easily see what I was wearing. It was one of those tall round tables with bar stools. Sitting on the bar stool, my heels were more exposed than ever. It was actually lots of fun sitting on a bar stool with heels since it was easy to secure my leg to the stool with them. Dangling my legs was also fun.

Like I said, by this point of the day I was totally confident about my outfit and heels, so confident that I purposely made sure my heels were visible by dangling my feet and crossing them. While I waited for the food I finally caught a few blank expression glimpses of my heels but no comments. People were more interested in their conversations and food than the boots I wore.

The real treat of this restaurant are the waitresses. Most were wearing black tops of various kinds, black miniskirts/short dresses and high heels. A minority wore flats and black pants. I was very fortunate to get the most gorgeous waitress. She looked as though she worked out 7 days a week, about 5'7, Brunette with long hair and green eyes. She wore a black short dress and had beautiful smooth tanned legs that stretched for miles (she didn't wear any hose/stockings)!

The best part was that she had, imho, the finest/hottest pair of 4/4.5 inch black pointed toe stiletto pumps I've ever seen. She was also very nice and courteous. She definitely saw my heels but didn’t say anything about them.

I can't tell you what a rush it was to be wearing my heels and have all these gorgeous women in gorgeous heels around, especially my waitress. PRRRRRR

After paying for the bill, I couldn't help myself and complemented my waitress about her fashion sense and high heels. I also asked her where did she buy them and who made them. She was great and told me exactly what I wanted to know. I ended the conversation by telling her that "I gotta get a pair of those for myself". She laughed and said that they are great and that I'd look good in them.

It turned out that she wore a pair of top quality leather 4 inch black pointed toe stiletto pumps made by Stuart Weitzman, rightfully named "Fever". I found them on Zappos Canada (thank god they started to deliver north of the US border) and although my finger trembled a bit before I confirmed the transaction (HIGH QUALITY and EXPENSIVE), I bought them. Now all I have to do is wait. Here they are:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x81/RedMaximilian/stuartweitzmanfever4.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x81/RedMaximilian/stuartweitzmanfever5.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x81/RedMaximilian/stuartweitzmanfever9.jpg

After more than 3 hours in heels outside, I decided to call it a day. Boy what a day it was! It worked wonders on my confidence to wear heels in public. I virtually have no more problems wearing my Via Spiga bootsoutside although I still need to slowly build up my time in them and improve my heeling endurance. My feet WERE tired at the end of the day.

Well, now I'm tired and need to hit the sack. I'll post my experiences I had this Saturday in heels later on. I felt that they were even better than Thursday.

Street heeling DOES get easier! Woohoooo!!!!!!!!!!

What a great outing! Thanks for sharing it with us. Here is nothing like a good outing to build your confidence. I offer one word of caution about becoming over confident and that leading to complacency. Always be aware of where you are and the folks around you. There are still a few that don’t appreciate a guy in heels. It does sound though like your picking your places to go heeling with care. I am sure the waitress appreciated the complement on her look and her shoes as much as you appreciated her comment on the shoes looking good on you. Again thanks for sharing and I’m looking forward to reading about the Saturday outing.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Max: Thanks for a good lengthy story of your first time! What a thriller! For those of us that have had this same first, reading about others first time out in heels is a great affirmation that we are being true to ourselves. Thanks Again. PaulJenne'

Maximilian: Congrats to you on your outing! Sounds like you had lots of fun, and your outfit looked great, as did those Stuart Weitzman pumps you bought. Wow! Killer shoes! I hope to see some pics of you in them soon. Bravo to you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

No wonder your hand was shaking. I just found some (Stuart Weitzman "Fever") on Ebay and new they are $225 selling for $165 in the "Buy it Now" category. Out of my price range right now but I agree, they are the most awesome pair of pumps I've seen in a while. Congratulations!! Wineanddine

....After paying for the bill, I couldn't help myself and complemented my waitress about her fashion sense and high heels. I also asked her where did she buy them and who made them. She was great and told me exactly what I wanted to know. I ended the conversation by telling her that "I gotta get a pair of those for myself". She laughed and said that they are great and that I'd look good in them.

It turned out that she wore a pair of top quality leather 4 inch black pointed toe stiletto pumps made by Stuart Weitzman, rightfully named "Fever". I found them on Zappos Canada (thank god they started to deliver north of the US border) and although my finger trembled a bit before I confirmed the transaction (HIGH QUALITY and EXPENSIVE), I bought them. Now all I have to do is wait. Here they are

What a great response. I've had a pair of Stuart Weitzman's "sensual" pumps for awhile now and find the construction superb--far better than Nine West. They are built "Ford Tough" but are architecturally sculpted with an amazing sexy aesthetic.

Looking forward to hearing more of your stories.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.