How do i get out?

WA10rHeelGuy

I'm trapped in Prescot (L34) and looking for somewhere I can go for evenings out in heels. I suspect I will need to head to Liverpool or Manchester. Any help would be appreciated as I had being trapped in doors - or having to go out in flats. Why does society have to say heels & skirts aren't for guys? Bring back the 70s when society was more open. Guys have work heels many times through history so why not today?

A rHeel Adventure. Liverpool, England - My Story: http://blog.benico.biz/ (I'm also on Facebook)

I'm trapped in Prescot (L34) and looking for somewhere I can go for evenings out in heels. I suspect I will need to head to Liverpool or Manchester.

Any help would be appreciated as I had being trapped in doors - or having to go out in flats.

Why does society have to say heels & skirts aren't for guys? Bring back the 70s when society was more open. Guys have work heels many times through history so why not today?

Welcome to the forum, Teanna71. ;):o

Sorry, but I can't help you with your social life. When I saw Prescot, I thought you were in Arizona. But having never been to England, I couldn't help you at all on that one.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

why don't you try to wear them while you drive, i always carry a pair or two of my favorite shoes and put them on while i drive. the mexican society is far more narrow minded, it isn't about you wearing them, it's the fear they have, as if it were a disease or virus that could be caught because of contact, they haven't analized their feelings and likings and it's better that way in general, why bother.

I've worn my heels for driving a couple of time and will defo do that more often. Got nervous one time when I got to a gated road and there were a couple of other cars around. Didn't wanna get out in heels so had to pull over and change. I'll be doing a bit of driving in about 3 weeks so should get some good heel time in then.

A rHeel Adventure. Liverpool, England - My Story: http://blog.benico.biz/ (I'm also on Facebook)

Simple answer is to come along to one of the heelmeets. Keep an eye on the "Real life meetings" forum for further details.

The harder answer is to look at what the problem is:

Firstly, you don't want other people to know that you wear heels but on the other hand you want to wear them, right? This is a dichotomy and you will need to reduce one side or the other. You don't want to reduce the desire to wear heels so you've got to decide to not worry what others think or to do it in stealth.

Secondly, your worried that someone you know will see you and think the worst and/or make your life a misery, am I right? the answer to this one is to travel some distance to reduce the likelyhood that someone will see you. What some do is to make a list of people who would be the biggest problem such as family, friends and colleagues and then set a date for their outing on a day when they're less likely to be around, mid-week for example. You could even make surrepticious enquiries to this end.

I don't know about your own locale but most first timers report better success going out in larger cities and sticking to the busier places! The busier the area, the less likely it is that someone's going to spot your heels believe it or not. Try it for yourself next time you're in a crowd and look at everybody's feet, you will see how difficult it is to do it and avoid collisions.

At the end of the day though, the whole thing is a head game. The only thing stopping you is you. The way to tackle it is to start small and build up, go out in 2" chunky heels that probably look like guys shoes anyway, go up to 3" cowboy boots and you'll find yourself in stilettos in no time.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Heels are more a turn on than skirts for the ladies in my experience. I dont think thats a prob, if you prefer tv then look online 4 meets, or wear long shorts with heels, but prob not best for first time at a strait club. I show my lady options of what I want to wear (whole outfit incl heels) b4 we go out and she chooses. She does big heels too and loves me being taller.

now i just used to wear skirts few times... well is few options, ppl are complaining me or dont saying a word :smile: well i think beside that skirts i can wear heels also and nobody would notice that i wear em :wavey:

every human has they own choices...

I've been out in Manchester wearing heels loads of times now, never had any problems. Being into the goth / rock scene I tend to be going to the kind of place where they're used to alternative clothing anyway, but I've also been round the Trafford Centre and to Revolution in heels. I'd agree with Dr Shoe that crowded places are easier, the more people around the less likely you are to be noticed. Chris

I went to Reading today on a shopping trip with my girlfriend wearing thin wedge heels from Dorothy Perkins - no problems at all. Great fun it was. I say you can do it almost anywhere.

teanna71 - couldn't you go to Liverpool City Centre or even Manchester for the day. Surely you can heel around there with no hassle. I've worn heels around Manchester last year with no problems.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

I agree with HeelD. Though I am from the US, I live in a fairly small city with no real connection to diverse ideas. For my outings, I travel to nearby cities with better options for heeling. I also understand that this limits the amount of time that can be dedicated to heeling, but planning in advance and making a special day of it has its own rewards. Recently, I was out in a pair of pointy toe pumps with a lower heel and nobody noticed in my town. I hope you hind your answer and welcome to the forum.

Style is built from the ground up!

• 2 months later...

We look forward to meeting you at the Annual World Heel Meet in London in February.....we'll be heeling all over town, shopping, dining and clubbing.....day and night! In answer to your question of going heeling now, the best approach is just going for it. Head out of town to a small restaurant or pub for a quick dinner to start with. Be confident, walk with confidence...this is always the biggest deterrent to any negative responses. You'll soon discover that the biggest obstacle is just yourself as the rest of the world just does not really pay that close of attention.....and for the most part, the majority of folks accept a person just being themselves. Why? Because almost everyone has some hidden truth about themselves and know just how you feel. Have fun.... david & cathy

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

I admit that i'm own worst enemy. I've met a few heel friendly women now so that should help my first outing. Not having my own car is a problem - or at least in my head - as i have to use public transport everywhere and I'm an hour from Liverpool & Manchester

I admit that i'm own worst enemy.

I've met a few heel friendly women now so that should help my first outing.

Not having my own car is a problem - or at least in my head - as i have to use public transport everywhere and I'm an hour from Liverpool & Manchester

Leave your house in your normal shoes and bring your heels in a messenger bag or similar. Then you can change when you feel safe, and change back when you go back home.

It is a bit scaring at first but as so many here already have said, the first step is the worst. Then it comes naturally. Trust me I was where you are just about one year ago.

Leave your house in your normal shoes and bring your heels in a messenger bag or similar. Then you can change when you feel safe, and change back when you go back home.

It is a bit scaring at first but as so many here already have said, the first step is the worst. Then it comes naturally. Trust me I was where you are just about one year ago.

Oh yeah! I can bear witness to your evolution too!

8):boxing::unsure:8)

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

The "gay village" in Manchester is probably as good a place as any. Liberal and accepting of T*, blokes in skirts, exhibitionists etc, and a good sprinkling of bouncers in case some idiot decides to be somewhat less accepting! Certainly in the early evening, I've not seen any trouble there. You might also want to check www.northernconcord.co.uk - I'm not a member, but they have reasonably up-to-date information. They meet in the village and have changing facilities.

Good luck!

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.

I've recently been out in the gay village, although not in heels and not intentionally as we didn't realise where we were until we'd been in the pub for a few minutes. There was a generally nice atmosphere, and I saw three guys in full TV mode and no-one batted an eyelid. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the pub as we were all quite drunk. It really depends on what you're planning to wear, but I've been out in Manchester loads wearing high heeled boots with jeans and never had any problems except sore feet! Hell, I even wore my cowgirl boots to B&Q on Sunday afternoon. Chris

Thanks guys. I'll try to find accom in Mcr as soon as poss and get out.

Hopefully will get out before Feb in London

8)

Teanna, where's the problem? You need not to wear the highest heels in a small town. Why don't you start your outings with shy heights? I'm wearing alldays 2.5 or 3'' cowboy boots on the street. I have never earned any comment in my quarter with this style. I could pull them on in the deepest countryside and again I'm sure to get no comment. May be that some people are thinking "Is the crazy fashion from the 70ies coming back?"

When spending last summer my holidays nearby the Bodensee I heard never any comment about my 4'' clogs. It was in Ueberlingen - a small town in a very conservative region of Germany. Later my friend and me visited the Rhine waterfall near by Schaffhausen. A lot of touristic hurly-burly! Nobody cared for my footwear - neither the Swiss nor the Germans tourists - I liked this normality!

The immigrants in my neighbourhood have certainly a problem with me when I'm wearing white overknees over tight jeans. Just as "Thighhighboots" has experienced. But I need not to wonder about it because I had planned it as provocation for their sacred macho view of life. I was endless furious about stubborn comments at the Frankfurt CSD. Directly below the convention in the B-level of the underground they felt again to be the macho kings with their ugly baggy pants :unsure: Sometimes they need simply a provocation!

I'm convinced that the majority of the british or the german population is accepting rsp. tolerating guys on high heels. Some may estimate us for a little bit "gaga". But I can live comfortably with being a little bit "gaga"

micha (*to be gaga is a honour for me*)

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Hi Teanna. The next time I'm doing a gig in Manchester, I'll give you a shout. I often get freestylers turning up as Chris will testify. If you want a night out, wearing anything you want, this is the ideal starting point for you. Cheers Jon

Never try to baptise a cat

why don't you try to wear them while you drive,

I'm a newbie in this hobby, so I yet haven't went out much in heels at all. A few short walks late at night when nobody is outside. Then today I had an errand, and just for fun I brought a pair of pink 5.25" stilleto shoes to see what it is like to drive in them. Except for that I had to adjust the angle to the pedals - I really think automatic transmission would be in favour if you drive a lot in high heels - it went rather smooth. Then I switched to regular guy's shoes when I went to the food supermarket. On my way back, I switched back to heels because it was so fun.

Once I got home, there is a 50-100 meter walk to the basement entrance. I decided I didn't want to switch back, so I carefully looked around and walked the last stretch in my heels. One or two cars passed on the road, and I saw two other people on the other side, but otherwise I was alone - in bright daylight on a Sunday afternoon! I didn't like to walk around the whole building, so I took the shortcut through the basement as planned. And now I'm back home. It was thrilling, my legs were shaky once I got inside.8)

See, sky doesn't fall down on you. Congrats on your first real outing.:unsure:

Myself I had to go looking for some tiles today so I went to one of the local Bauhaus shops (Home Depot kind of place) and went in my newly bought 4,5"/11 cm blade heeled boots. As it was rather close to where me and my family lives and was a little caucious and wore boot cut, rather long, greyish jeans with the boots. After that I had to stop by and buy some groceries, the fridge was kind of empty after my Hamburg trip. What I could see, not a single soul looked twice at me at either place. But black boots blends in more than pink pumps ever will.

If you join us in London, or New York, you will see that wearing heels in public really is just such a non-event when it comes to public seeing you. Would be great to meet you in person.

Keep enjoying your heeling.

I'm a newbie in this hobby, so I yet haven't went out much in heels at all. A few short walks late at night when nobody is outside. Then today I had an errand, and just for fun I brought a pair of pink 5.25" stilleto shoes to see what it is like to drive in them. Except for that I had to adjust the angle to the pedals - I really think automatic transmission would be in favour if you drive a lot in high heels - it went rather smooth. Then I switched to regular guy's shoes when I went to the food supermarket. On my way back, I switched back to heels because it was so fun.

Once I got home, there is a 50-100 meter walk to the basement entrance. I decided I didn't want to switch back, so I carefully looked around and walked the last stretch in my heels. One or two cars passed on the road, and I saw two other people on the other side, but otherwise I was alone - in bright daylight on a Sunday afternoon! I didn't like to walk around the whole building, so I took the shortcut through the basement as planned. And now I'm back home. It was thrilling, my legs were shaky once I got inside.8)

Actually, in the past few weeks while I've gone grocery shopping, I have been looking at women, how many wear some kind of heels now in the summertime. They are rather few, I think I've seen less than 10 women in three weeks who wore even the lowest, clunky type of heeled shoes. About three females wore stiletto heels > 2", of which only one younger woman had really high heels. Perhaps it is not a typical place to dress up in heels, or it depends on the wearer. Today I saw a sight for sore eyes though, a blonde in her upper 20's or lower 30's (with boyfriend). Despite several rain showers, she wore a really short pink dress, had a well-defined - possibly artificially enhanced - bosom and perhaps 3" black sandals.

aros, Not too many women in Sweden wears high heels as much as many of us want them to. :unsure: Bigger cities are always better, Malmö is decent but Copenhagen is a much better place. I guess Stockholm is quite good too. Internationally I would go for London, Paris or New York. I was just in Hamburg and naaaahh, not too many high heels there.:boxing: But a few guys 8) , at least me and heeluis......

• 2 weeks later...

in my country allmost every 2/3 woman wear heels, even now on summer, now thy are more wedge type and some stilleto sandal types, of cuz some even now going whit boots 8) but my personaly known gals dont wear heels at all, only few... yeah they are alternative/metal/goth type gals, they usually wear army boots than heels or they going in sneakers.

every human has they own choices...

I just told my best friend at work about my fashion preference tonight and was told off for not telling her before. I've even got an invitation to got with her to mcr dressed as i want. Ok she's looking forward to going to canal street and not getting hit on. Just gonna go jeans and boots for 1st trip but keen to go out as my avatar before too long. Thanks for the support guys. I'll let you know how i get on. 8)

in my country allmost every 2/3 woman wear heels, even now on summer, now thy are more wedge type and some stilleto sandal types, of cuz some even now going whit boots :boxing: but my personaly known gals dont wear heels at all, only few... yeah they are alternative/metal/goth type gals, they usually wear army boots than heels or they going in sneakers.

Yeah, having worked a little in Russia and Ukraine I know that the women are absolutely stunning there. They care a lot about their apperance and it is a joy to just watch them on town. 8)

Unfortunately I don't think it would be very accepted for a guy to wear heels in the streets.:unsure: