you won't believe this...

chris100575

I was out in Manchester this evening for a friend's birthday. Pretty much all of my friends are now aware that I wear heels, but this particular group hasn't actually seen me in them. I was wearing my New Rock Reactors. (flat guy / unisex ones) Anyway, towards the end of the night, I saw two girls standing at the bar, one was wearing a pair of black patent Mary Janes with about a six inch chunky heel and two inch platforms. The other was wearing a similar pair of court shoes but without the straps. I freely admit that I was looking at the girl in the Mary Janes' shoes when she caught me looking and said "You like my shoes, don't you?" Deciding that honesty was the best policy, I told her that I thought they looked great on her, and that I was so interested because I wore heels myself. She was completely blown away by this, and asked what size I wore. When I told her I was a 7.5 she told me that she was an 8 and immediately asked if I wanted to try them on! I was wearing thick socks because my Dinky Rocks (ask me if you don't know the back-story) were a loose fit. She was completely happy for me to take off my socks and try her shoes on my bare feet. Once I'd got them on, her friend asked if it was ok for her to "buckle me up" and she fastened the straps. Both of them were really pleased that a guy not only appreciated the shoes, but was secure enough to wear them! I spent a happy few minutes wandering around in them, before reluctantly giving them back as it was closing time and the staff wanted rid of us. She then invited me to Jilly's with her friend and boyfriend, offering "I'll let you wear my shoes!" as an incentive. Sadly I was sharing a taxi back and couldn't take her up on the offer. She did take my mobile number though. Her friend also offered me her shoes, but she was a size smaller and I said I thought they'd be uncomfortable. They were both really impressed with my ability to walk in them, and when I said that I'd nearly worn a pair of my own heels that evening they said that I should have, and that I wore heels really well. They also loved that I shaved my legs! As if this wasn't enough, once I'd gotten outside, buoyed by confidence and alcohol, I was boasting about what had happened. One of my friend's friends said that she thought I looked great in the heels, and that she'd love to go shoe shopping with me sometime! She admitted that she couldn't wear heels herself, and that she loved the idea of a guy who was masculine but secure enough to wear high heels. Sadly, she was seeing someone already, but she did say that she'd love me to go shoe shopping with her sometime. To top it all, my friend also said that it was about time I wore my heels when I came out with them, that she thought that knowing about my love for heels actually enhanced my personality, and that she felt honoured that I'd been confident enough in her friendship to tell her. So there it is. I apologise for any typing mistakes as I'm quite drunk and still on a high! While this might not be my most articulate post ever, I swear that it's all true. It was a very good night! Chris

That is one of the BEST stories that I have ever heard. If anything like that were to ever happen to me, I may have choked and just let her comment go. But having read your post, I will be ready to seize the moment.

Style is built from the ground up!

Hi Chris, Judging by the time of your post, you must still be asleep, absolutely fantastic story though, please do let us know if you hear from these girls again. H

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.

Thanks for all the responses guys. I think it's a sign of how comfortable I'm getting with being open about my heels that I told her the honest reason rather than just saying that I thought they were sexy or something. I was initially really nervous when she caught me looking at her shoes and commented, but she said it in a friendly way so I figured I'd rather be honest than have her think I was just being pervy.

My friends have been brilliant too, one of the girls said that it was a shame we weren't the same size so we could share shoes, and that I was much more fun now that she knew the real me, and not the me that my ex made me into. She did admit that actually seeing me in my own heels for the first time would be a case of "hmm, this is new" but that I should definitely wear them next time we're out together.

I doubt I'll be wearing them to work, but there was a time when I thought I'd never wear heels in public and that my friends mustn't know, so never say never. You can't choose your colleagues though, and some of mine aren't the most open-minded people in the world. At the moment I don't see it happening.

By the way, I've just found a picture of her shoes. It was these in plain black patent:

Posted Image

Chris

I believe we're on an epiphony, here, where the idea of a guy wearing heels is no longer considered taboo. For those of you anti-taboo-ists out there, don't wear heels. For those of you who wear heels, please wear them, and let's show the world that heels worn by guys is none other than another form of fashion.

Either is good, although it seems to have been Friday more than Saturday just recently. Really depends on who else is going, and when's convenient for them. Will pm you to discuss further, don't want this to go too off topic. Chris

chris

i know weve suggested a few times, but i think im gonna have to join one of your nights out sometime! :wink:

nl

If we can come up with an agreeable date/time/place, I'm up for it.

That's usually what the world heel meets are about, but numerous smaller meets have taken place

chris100575....that sounds like THE perfect evening out! I'm so glad you had a fabulous time, and may you have many more to come! Those shoes you pictured are really cool too, and very comfy. Hope they see you again!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

SQ: The only way the evening could have been better would have been if I'd been wearing heels myself. I was going to, but the plans for the evening were a bit sketchy and I didn't want the evening marred by sore feet if we ended up traipsing all over the pace. The shoes were very comfortable. Not really my thing, but the fact that they belonged to a sexy lady definitely added to their appeal! Dr1819: I thought you lived in Germany? That's a heck of a long way to come for a pint! Chris

Thanks guys, coming out of the shoe closet was hard initially, but now that I have I'm having the time of my life! I actually felt more comfortable telling the girl in the bar the real reason I was looking at her shoes, than I would have done if I'd lied about it. If it wasn't for my ex I'd have done this years ago. Chris

That was one hell of a good night out. I've not heard from the girls I met though. I do go out round that part of Manchester pretty often, so hopefully I'll bump into them again while wearing heels myself. I've had this happen a few times when a girl finds out that we're either the same shoe size or close. I absolutely love it! Wearing my own heels is fun, but nothing beats when a girl lets you try on hers! Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Following on from my previous post, I went out into Manchester this weekend just gone, and did indeed bump into Lisa and Sharon again! I was wearing the knee length version of my avatars with the orange flames, and they both loved them! Lisa said that ever since she saw Prince in a pair she's really liked guys in heels. It is such a shame she has a boyfriend! :-( They invited me to join them, and we went over to Jilly's. On the way there Sharon hung back a bit because she wanted to see me walk in my heels. She was impressed and said that I wear them very well. A good night was had by all, and as I was getting ready to leave because I was getting tired Lisa wanted to try on my boots! She did ask if I wanted to swap shoes with her for a while, but unfortunately it was time to go. Had a great time though, and I got on well with her boyfriend and friends so we're planning to meet up again. Next time maybe we'll swap shoes earlier on... Chris