F Y I - I will be back shortly

Nhoj62:-) Thanks for the birthday wishes. One more year to make it three quarters of a century. My Mom passed away at age 75, but my Dad passed away at age 91. He will be hard to catch in age. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To All:-) In case you have noticed that I haven't been posting for a few days, this is why. Mickey has been having a problem with some blockage in one of her artries to her heart, so I took her to the hospital to have it checked out to see if another stent was to be put in, she already has 3 now. After extensive testing it was decided that another stent would be too dangerous to place and it would be neccessary to build her up for open-heart surgery and double by-pass which was done on Friday. She came through the surgery well and is doing fine. It looks like it is time for nurse "Nightmare" and Fez, "The wonder dog" to be on duty once again during recovery for her. Cheers--- Dawn HH

we (me and mine) wish her well, Dawn. Prayers for you and her also. Remarkable procedure, is bypass surgery. Amazing results have been noted from undergoing this type of treatment. You'd better be prepared for a more "lively" lifestyle once her recovery is complete. :w00t2: Cheers!

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks Everyone:-) Thanks for all of your concerns and well wishes. Much appreciated. Mickey is out of intensive care and now in a step-down room. I still don't know just how long she will be in the hospital, but probably will have to go to a rehab home for a while before they let her come home here. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Glad to hear Mickey is doing better. Working in a retirement home I have seen many people go through by-pass surgery and they all seem to do fairly well. I'm sure Nurse Nightmare will be just fine as Mickey seems to have survived him for many years already. Just don't bite off more than you can handle as well. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

And I know it is really late but happy birthday!

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

Hi all:-) Mickey was transfered to a rehab home today. I will go and see her tomorrow for a while and convey all your well wishes and thoughts to her. I'm sure she will be glad to receive them. Thanks so much. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Hi all:-)

Mickey was transfered to a rehab home today. I will go and see her tomorrow for a while and convey all your well wishes and thoughts to her. I'm sure she will be glad to receive them. Thanks so much.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

WooooHaaaa! Great news. Give her a great big hug for all of us...(don't squish her, though!) I just know she will be home and up and running again soon. :w00t2:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi all:-) Mickey sure pulled the most boneheaded stunt she could have thought up now. Without the doctor's orders, she signed herself out of the rehab home and came home yesterday. She was to have been there for several more weeks. The rehab home says that she is never to come back there as she will not be permitted back in ever. She may have lost benefits over this and this has up-set me to no end. This is all that I'm going to say about this for now. She hasn't been out of surgery long enough to have started to heal properly yet. Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all:-) Mickey is glad to be home where it is quiet and she can recover in peace and calm. She finally told me why she signed herself out of the rehab home and we have contacted the powers-to-be there and have made a formal complaint to them, which they were not to happy to be aware of. So that is the end of that as she will never be going back there again under any circumstances. We have been able to gain her needed meds from our PCP and her heart doctor for her and she is to have a rehab nurse coming to our house starting this next week. She says that she feels good and glad to be home here with me and Fez, "The wonder dog", and to be taken care of by "Nurse Nightmare". Cheers--- Dawn HH

Glad to hear Mickey's back home, that has to be quite a load of Nurse Nightmare and Fez.

Just remember don't over do it yourself or you'll be out of commission again. I wish you both only the best and as I prepare to head off to church this evening you will both be in my prayers.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

I am happy to hear Mickey is doing better I will add you and her to my prayer list. I know how hard it is because I have been there with my father. As said before don't over do it and get your self down. Let the home health people do as much as possable and tell Mickey to do as told.

I really thank you all for your concern on my not doing too much, but since there is only two of us, when one goes down, it is up to the other to pick up the slack. I have had a lot of slack to pick up lately, but I think that I'm in better shape right now than she is. So, "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead". Now as to telling Mickey to heed her doctors and nurses advice is sometimes like telling the Devil to not breathe fire. TEE! HEE! I'm sure you all get my drift on that one. Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 3 months later...

Hi again to all our friends around the world:-) I know---we haven't been around for some time but through no fault of our own this time. On February 11, 2009, we were torn up pretty bad when a micro-burst wind storm roared through our property. Our neighbor had a 70 foot pinoak tree which was promptly dumped onto our garage and our mobile home. It snapped off halfway up and that section snapped again in half three quarters of the way up the tree dumping the middle part on and through our garage roof and depositing the top part on top of the middle section leaving 2,000 lbs. of tree on top of the garage roof all in one spot. It just proves that I built that garage to stay standing after all of that. There were many holes in the roof besides the large one where the tree came through the roof, down through the storage floor above, through the ceiling and down between both modern cars, and ended its decent about 3 feet from the cement floor depositing much debrie on top of both cars. I had to put them both through the car wash in order to see if there was any damage to them. Luckily there wasn't any damage to them at all. We were without water, gas, power, heat, phone, tv, or web service for some time, making our home unlivable for quite a while. We had to put our dog in the kennels for a while because it was too cold for him or us to remain in our home for some time.. I had to hire a tree service with a crane to remove the tree from the garage roof which couldn't be available for a week after the storm. Our insurance company hasn't been as co-operative as they could have been and so far half of the costs had to come out of our pockets to begin to affect the necessary repairs and needless to say, I am after them to get things straightened out so that we can make the neccessary repairs to put everything back to pre-storm conditions. Our mobile home roof and awnings were also damaged as well as our fence. A telephone pole was busted off at ground level and the smoke jack to the garage furnace took a hit also. Our neighbor who owns the tree hasn't spent cent one for any damages even though it was his tree that did all of this and has yet to show his face or apologise or anything. I am trying to get the insurance company to go after him for the damages that weren't covered yet. We will see what happens there in the near future, hopefully. Mickey is recovering nicely from her open-heart surgery and triple by-pass. So there is good news there. As for me---I have to have major surgery on my right shoulder in a couple of weeks, which means that I may not be able to type much for a while, but as soon as I can, I will be back to catch up on all things as soon as I can recouperate and get back into shape once again. Cheers--- Mickey68 Dawn HH

Hi again to all our friends around the world:-)

Greatings Dawn HH :-)

I was saying to myself the other day "Hey, it has been a long time since we hear from Dawn HH ?"

What an adventure you had ! You are very lucky in spite of what hapened !

Hoping everything will be OK with your shoulder !

Welcome back !

Three things for which we're eternally grateful: One, neither you nor Mickey were injured; Two, Mickey is recovering well from her surgery; and Thee, the damage can be fixed and as soon as it is things will be back to normal. Add to that our best wishes for successful shoulder surgery and our prayers that you swiftly recover. Mickey can't do without you for long. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do for you. God Bless you and look after both of you. :winkiss: