Hey peoples!

mirage

Hi people!

Im new to this site, have read some posts then I decided to join :}

I like to wear heels, I haven't done so since 2003 - long time ago!

I wore housemates shoes, we were similar sized feet, she even encouraged it!

Later that year I moved and we lost contact etc etc and moved again.

Anyway after looking at this site and reading I decided I had better get me some heels.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~devrell/xyz/fc_1_b.jpg

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~devrell/xyz/c8_1_b.jpg

These two bought at the same time, they should be at the po box tomorrow.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~devrell/xyz/88_1_b.jpg

Saw this pair and decided I had to have them! They should arrive early next week.

You can call me Tamsin, Tom or my username ...just dont call me late for dinner!

glad to see you found us, hope you will get involved and post your experiences and stories along with the rest.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Prada - very nice. You have US8 size feet?! (UK 6 / EU 39) You're gonna make a lot of guys on here jealous! :roll: Welcome! :wink:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Prada - very nice.

You have US8 size feet?! (UK 6 / EU 39) You're gonna make a lot of guys on here jealous! :roll:

Welcome! :wink:

Well...hrmm... They did return in my search for Australian size 8, so I hope its a misprint.

Australian 8 = 9.5US, 7UK

If they are US8 thats 6.5 here and that would be a bit small :/

I'm going on a hunch that they will fit in the descreption it says "Sole: 10"", so I'm thinking they might fit.

http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html

Uhm erm well....better late than never :roll: Welcome to the list :wink: Btw I'm a UK size 7 (7 1/2 if I went for stilletos though). I didn't know the Australians had their own size range. UK7 is a Euro size 41.

I learned the truth a long time ago, being afraid of the dark is what keeps most of us alive...

Mirage:-) You won't be the only one here to make a few guys jealous of your off-the-rack size. I take a 7.5 or 8 US in heeled shoes and an 8 or 9 US in heeled boots. Welcome to the Forum. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hi Mirage, And welcome to the cockeyed world of shoe sizes. :oops: I've got shoe size charts from at least 3 different web sites that sorta-like agree, but not completely. :roll: Trying to make the conversions from one country to another can give anyone a headache. :x Then, to make bad matters even worse, I've found that the advertised shoe size often has little to do with the shoe fit! :wink: My experience has been that the advertised shoe size is only a guide for what to expect and that nothing compares to actually putting you feet into a pair of shoes if you really want to know how they fit. For that matter, I've even found shoes of an advertised size with one shoe being a different size than the other! :oops: So that's why I tend to shy away from mail-orders and e-bay sales. Once I get my feet in a pair of shoes I can tell right away if they fit and if I want to wear 'em. Otherwise I can never be sure of what I'm getting. Wouldn't it be so much easier if we all had just one size chart to go by in order to go buy?

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

The whole shoe size thing can be a pain. I know that my UK size is 7/8, my European size is 41/42 and my US size is 10/11. I think I'm actually between sizes, so I can be one or the other depending on the shoe. However, some shops in the UK sell European shoes with UK sizes and they don't always follow the same conversion. In fact I don't think UK to European sizes convert exactly anyway, so you get two shops selling a particular shoe as a size UK 8 and it can be either a 41 in one shop and a 42 in another! It would be easier if shoes had a universal sizing scheme that the whole world used, but as Guy N Heels says, there's no substitute for trying them on. Chris