World Heel Meet 2006, London: Sat., May 13th

kneehighs

Hi Robert (picture poster) and frustrated viewers! Yes Robert, last night (Monday), all of your pictures were on-screen looking splendid, but now it's only dreaded red crosses! Has something gone wrong with your picture provider? or have you exceeded some maximum-pixel-per-posting limit? or might it help to try re-posting them? Also, to Robert and Kneehighs etc.: What happened to the spectacular whole-group photos? I hope one of you can post those! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PPS At the moment I'm a little confused. Are you Tara Dr. Shoe in the internet ?!?

I'm Dr Shoe most of the time and Tara some of the time!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

So, all those who have not yet posted, please post your report! Those who wish to add to or replace their initial report, please post below!

Cheers, Heelfan

Well you'll see my entry's in;

I hope it won't go in the bin;

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Firstly, apologies for turning up late. I had a busy, tiring, week at work, and also I couldn't sleep Friday night as we had a thunderstorm that kept me awake! So I didn't wake up until 11am! Well, I managed to make it down for 5pm, meeting you all in Top Shop great to see some old faces and some new also. We all hung out together at an Italian restaurant for AYCE buffet, before heading back to the Novotel for some drinks (after some of the others had gone home). Me, Kneehighs and Heeluis, were the last guy standing, after we spent a night on the town in Soho in our heels. Stayed out until 3am at least! Being drunk while wearing stillettos is an experience! I managed it gracefully though! I can't wait to do it again. Thank you to Kneehighs for letting me sleep in his room and also for organising a great meet. Heelfan you deserve some gratitude too for handling logistics UK side. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you and Peachy much before you two left for home. Oh well, I will catch up with you in Bristol sometime. :D BTW - this is not my testimony, that's going in the proper thread! :cry:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Hi All Well I turned up at Starbucks a little late at 11.45am since I managed to go Via Bank from Kings Cross. Don't ask how! Still had time for a coffee though while meeting up with Heelfan, Shakedown, Tara, Mel, Jo, Euchrid, Robert, and Heel Luis. We left Starbucks and apparently A3, Micha, and his mate had gone to the wrong Starbucks so Si and I wandered around trying to find them and we ended up going most of the way to Oxford circus before we finally phoned Heelfan who told us they had now met up with them. So we went back to the food court above Dune and met up with those three before finding a pub. The pub was "The Cock" to the North side of Oxford street near Faith. Anyway we had a few drinks there and Knee Highs, Xaphod, and Calv joined us shortly. Also at the pub, Heel-D, and Mr.Mrs Fogborkenvv turned up too and then we were 18 I think. After wandering around Top Shop and losing each other in the large group, Heelfan, Mel, and Jo had to leave but the rest of us continued to eat at the Italian Buffet place just near the pub north of Ravel. It was only £11.00 each including wine. After that a few more left, but a group of us went back to the hotel at Euston for some more drinks and some of Knee High's "champagne" which turned out to be red wine from "champigny". Still it was alcohol, and we didn't look a gift horse in the mouth so we all enjoyed a nice bottle of that. Heel Louis had a fabulous clubbing outfit which included waistcoat and black stiletto metal tipped boots. Knee High's Louis and Heel-D went off clubbing while myself, Si, Xaphod and Calv headed back to Kings Cross for the early bath. Actually I didn't get back till nearly midnight, so it was a long day but a very enjoyable one. What's next then ?!

I'm Dr Shoe most of the time and Tara some of the time!

I must say Dr. Shoe, I'm impressed! You look really great as Tara. You pull the look off really well. I have to ask. Have you had any guys hit on you as Tara?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I was in a gay club once (TVs are always welcome and safe) and this guy comes up to me and asked me if I was gay or straight. When I replied I was straight he started to chat me up!

I used to post on this site (as LuckyLad) a while back but decided to take a back seat whilst my heal wearing became limited. I always come on to have a read and I couldn't help but notice that - If you don't mind me saying Peachy (Mel) - that you looked really hot on the Heel meet photo's. Hope I'm not crossing any inappropriate boundries here Heelfan?

Posted Image

If I wasn't with someone I would love to ask you our for a drink as we are only seperated by the estuary! Shame :roll: but hi all the same.

I will do my best to get back into the flow of things here, though I won't be around for the summer. Will also try to get some new photo's on for you all, even though unfortunately I don't have any new footwear :wink: but I have been watching the amazing styles of Kneehighs and I think I can rustle up some good looks from what I have.

Nice to be back in some capacity.

Lucky

Some of you may remember me but most probably wont so take a visit to my photo bucket - http://photobucket.com/albums/b360/LuckyLad/ to refresh your minds...

Hi to all,

here my photo report of the London meeting! It's also a story about my first visit of London.

My friend Jan and me, we both have never been in England. The time was ripe to make up for. The Heel Meeting was a good opportunity to combine a common visit to London with my passion for wearing heels. We decided to go by train because there were only few cheap flights from Frankfurt to London. As railway fan I was keen on the passage through the "chunnel". Afterwards I must confess: no big experience, simply 20 minutes of darkness! Coming out of the tunnel the cars on the parallel motorway were driving all on the wrong side, the houses were built by red bricks and the chimneys had those typical tubes. Obviously we had arrived in England 8)

The first challenge after the arrival in Waterloo station was the Underground transfer to our Ibis-Hotel in Euston. Not easy for novices to get the right ticket from the ticket machine without an embarassing jam behind us. The next problem were the barriers on the way to the platforms. Where to insert the ticket? And how to save my squeezed bag out of the two merciless wings :oops: ... but finally all went well. The check-in in our hotel was no problem and some hours later we passed the barriers like experienced "undergrounders".

It was late friday afternoon. We took the northern line southbound for a first excursion into the city. I think that these pictures were simply a tourist duty. The Tower bridge and the Tower

Posted Image

Posted Image

The next morning was a collection of misfortunes. At first we had to wait at least 15 minutes in a terrible long queue at the ticket machine. Just at 11 o'clock we arrived at Oxford Circus and hurried to Oxford street 124. Inside the La Plaza shopping mall we found a Starbucks-coffee-shop but it was nearly empty. No guys on heels. Shit, too late! What to do now? We went down again on the street hoping to find the crowd in one of the several shoe shops :roll: Suddenly a guy addressed me "Are you micha?" and he was wearing obviously high heels :lol:

Unluckily the odyssee went on. A3 was already waiting for more than a hour for the guys. At least we were now THREE but nobody of us had a mobile phone (mine was lying naturally in the hotel room *grrr*). We were running upwards and downwards the oxford street to find a telephone cell which was working, for calling Heelfan. We found fantastic internet phones with big displays but no reaction. Finally we found a good old british "steam telephone cell" which did its job. And finally contact with the group in the Starbucks in the NEW(!!!) Oxford Street 124.

Hmm - in my opinion there are too much Starbucks and too much Oxford Streets in London :oops: By the way: 50 meters away from our cell stood two cordonned off busses, a lot of police cars around and hundreds of courious people. Fortunately we weren't blown into air by islamic terrorists - probably somebody has forgotten only his shopping bag in the bus and fortunately we met finally the others. What a relief and a warm welcome by the guys!

First exploring of shoe shops. Later on we went together to a pub in the north of the Oxford Street to drink a beer and to become acquainted. I must confess, that I needed more than one beer to recreate from all this trouble :drinking: Heelfan did a big job with his mobile phone to navigate Kneehighs and his "reception committee" (Xaphod and Calv) from the Waterloo station to the meeting point. It was a big hello, when the guys were arriving.

Here a collection of snapshots which I have taken there

Are the others coming?

Posted Image

Firefox, the big illusionist with the blue magician wand. Pondering about his next trick?

Posted Image

A part of the crowd - the fool with the 5'' stiletto sandalettes on the right of Tara - thats me. Sorry, Heelfan, that only one half of your face is visible :cry:

Posted Image

I'm curious on Kneehighs pics!

Posted Image

Some photo studies on stylish male heels :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

... and as last picture the obligatory group photo

Posted Image

After the meeting in the pub further attacks on shoe shops in the oxford street took place. Having become hungry we joined in an italian pizzeria for an early eveneng dinner.

Unfortunately this day ended like it had begun. Chaotic! After that some members had left the meeting the rest of the group decided to continue the session in Euston. What shall I say, we lost the others in the shopping crowd on the Oxford Street :o We were not sure where the others intended to go. Was it the Novotel Euston? Back to our hotel my mobile phone didn't work. The battery was empty. And no chance to connect a continental charger with a british socket. We gave up ... some days in life are really like bewitched :wink:

Nevertheless it was a lot of fun :)

We spent our last day in the Hyde park and visited the Buckinham palace. Afterwards we discovered by accident the Carnabie Street and Chinatown in Soho. Very interesting. On our trip home to Frankfurt the train didn't run out off rails - luckily not all days in life are bewitched!

It's already late in the night and every story must have an ending. Here it is.

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Sounds like a good time was had by all, sorry I couldn't make it! I know Mel and Tara, but who's the blonde lady? Dr Shoe / Tara: Do you think the guy in the gay bar was chatting you up because he thought you were a straight woman? Chris

Looks like you all had a great time. Gutted I couldn't make it, but i was recovering from a minor operation and it has been a bit slower than I'd expected .... next time I hope.

Hallo,

thanks for all those who had put time, labour and ideas in here to get this meeting started. And to all those members who had the courage, afford and time/money to come together.

Sorry that the start on saterday had some extra trouble, but coming from outside England on my one steam. I was on the shoutable place on the start. But for the locals they had meaning some different Starbuck, other street, same number and 300 m different. Having no mobiele I was felt a little lost. Lucky when leaving the place run in to Micha and friend. After some looking to shops and a phoning heelfan (in a box) founding the half group on the street.

That was a great relief for my. Seeing old faces and a other dutch heellover for the first time. After the talks, drinks and food going shopping. But staying together was a great adventure with a lot of shoeshops on short distance. Lucky we want more drinks and talking on big tables worked beter in this group. Now you get knowing each other better. and more members show up, big welcomes it look like a reunion.

Some pictures from the hole group were be taken and hopefull the will showup sometime. A look arround "Topshop" and then going eating at the Italian, a nice choise. A same but some had to leave allready.

Even later in the "Novotel Easton Hotel" a nice welcome by heelknight with the 1/2 group.

In here I could walk arround in my ballet boots, if my feet didn't had so much walking to do as we had done during the day. I know the heels are impresive, but able to walk in them is another challange. But perhaps with some stimualtion and courage I could walk in them and them show off.

But perhaps the next time.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

My cowgirl boots were even impressive with the 12 cm heels. I had them from http://stores.ebay.com/Celegance-Accessories or try www.celegance.com, a ebay shop from USA. But after all the walking I feel my feet very well. I broke my personal time record of walking in them for almost 12 hours. And went satisfied to my hotel later that evening. But here in Holland there is a sayend "who want to be beatifull, had to suffer".

And look forward whem to go to the next meeting in England or .... Here in Holland the (high)heels on the street are almost out of fashion. We can see up to 5 cm and sometimes to 8 cm and there its end. In England the ladies walks more on heels and hopefull they will contiu to do.

go in your heels

a3

PS perhaps next time sent a print of the shop area where to meet

Yes.

I hope you didn't bruise the poor chap's fragile ego in letting him down Dr. shoe.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

In here I could walk arround in my ballet boots, if my feet didn't had so much walking to do as we had done during the day. I know the heels are impresive, but able to walk in them is another challange. But perhaps with some stimualtion and courage I could walk in them and them show off. But perhaps the next time.

Hi a3, what a pity that we have lost us again! I had dared to try on your ballet boots. At least for some minutes :wink:

nice greetings to Zaanstad

micha

PS I have just entered "a3" under "search for author". The forum software is telling me always "no topic found". But "a3" has written a lot of contributions! I tried this again with my own name "micha" and I got an endless list of links. There must be something wrong with the forum software. Is "a3" considered as advertising for the Audi A3 car :roll: By the way: such filters don't make any sense. The A3 is one of the most important motorways (Autobahn 3) in Germany!

Hi a3, what a pity that we have lost us again! I had dared to try on your ballet boots. At least for some minutes :wink:

nice greetings to Zaanstad

micha

PS I have just entered "a3" under "search for author". The forum software is telling me always "no topic found". But "a3" has written a lot of contributions! I tried this again with my own name "micha" and I got an endless list of links. There must be something wrong with the forum software. Is "a3" considered as advertising for the Audi A3 car :roll: By the way: such filters don't make any sense. The A3 is one of the most important motorways (Autobahn 3) in Germany!

Try A3 as it is case sensitive.

Thanks for the compliments about Tara.

Outstanding, folks! I'm so sorry I missed it, but it warms my heart to know that so many of my online friends had such a good time in what's my favorite overseas (for me) city. I second the motion for meeting at the Italian place next time - I do love Italian!

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back online as I spent more time in Paris and London sightseeing, dining, and joyfully submerging myself in foreign cultures. London is such a great city (I'd even acquiesce that the people there are even edgier fashionwise than in nyc)...Paris was also very, very beautiful (though I found the people less edgy clothes wise than in ny). As soon as I get myself realigned here in ny, I promise to post pics and a run down of events. For the moment though, I'd like to thank everyone that attended the meet for making the special effort to come. It was a pleasure to meet everyone and I thouroughly enjoyed the conversations we had at the pub, at dinner, and at the Novotel. b back soon.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Finally, I've had a chance to sit down and sort through many hundreds of pics from my vacation in London and Paris. If any non-consenting members are included, please contact me ASAP and I will edit the photo to protect your privacy. Here are some of the pics:

big

Posted Image

From Left to Right: shakedown, Firefox, Jan, Micha, Peachy, Tara, Mrs Fogborkenvv, Fogborkenvv, Xaphod, Si, Heelfan, heeluis, Robert, and kneeling in front of Peachy is a3

Bigger

Posted Image

From Left to Right: shakedown, Firefox, Micha, Peachy, Tara, Jan, Mrs. Fogborkenvv, Fogborkenvv, kneehighs, Si, Xaphod, Heelfan, heeluis, and kneeling in front of Si is a3

BIGGEST (missing from photo are euchrid, jo, Heel-D)

Posted Image

From Left to Right: Jan (Micha's friend), Heelfan, Peachy, a3, Calv, Xaphod, shakedown, Firefox, Tara, Fogborkenvv, Mrs Fogborkenvv, kneehighs, heeluis, Micha, Robert, and kneeling in front is Si.

Here is the ad from the tube that Xaphod had to explain to me. Classic British humor, lol.

Posted Image

Jan We didn't get to talk much, but I'm glad you accompanied Micha to the meet and hope you enjoyed the sights (heels and historic) as much as Micha did.

Heelfan Sometimes I wonder if you were the first freestyler ever, beginning at the age of 12 and regularly streetheeling at the ripe young age of 20? It was a pleasure talking with you on the phone and meeting you at last in person. Great all black outfit and round toe boots with a stiletto heel.

Peachy Pics don't do your beauty justice. I like the buttons on the cuffs of your sleeves.

a3 What can I say? Your brown 12cm heels you wore for 12 hours were amazingly high. And then at the Novotel when you pulled out your ballet pumps, that was interesting!

Calv I was worried with the change in your route that you weren't going to make it at all. Sadly, we didn't get to know each other that much, but perhaps at the next heel meet I can make we can talk more.

Xaphod Thanks for greeting me at Waterloo. I think I need to write down my lessons in "anglophonic vocabulary" you gave me. Do the pictures in your head move as fast as you walk in heels? Dang, you run! And yes you made it clear about your gratitude for the date chosen for the meet.

shakedown Great time talking to you at dinner. Your heels are so discrete, yet still heels---great balance.

Firefox So should England join the EU? And how did that foam rabbit come from Xaphods grey hair? Great andro cowboy boots too.

Tara We didn't even get to exchange polical philosophies! I was looking forward to that. It was still nice saying hello.

Si Wherever in the world you are at, Madagascar, or England, conversation with you I'm sure is delightful and interesting.

Mr and Mrs. Fogborkenvv Gosh, we had such a nice conversation at Waterloo and then at the Novotel...both of you are great and Fogborkenvv, your makeover looked phenomenal as well as your suit and love those thigh boots too. Mrs is so sweet.

heeluis Mi amigo de Hamburg que nacio en Argentina! Dos paizes muy bonitas! Working for a major fashion magazine, you of course looked stylish.

Micha!!! What a great time meeting you! Loved your bootcut jeans and your cowboy boots look too! You wore them both very well.

Robert :roll: My friend! How are your new outfits coming along? Hope you find that perfect pair of jeans and a great edgy top to compliment your "new" you! You looked good in the black t-shirt and jeans, but I'm sure with some work, you'll look even better.

euchrid we had some interesting conversations at dinner. Hope you and shakedown had a good time shopping after dinner.

jo Ya made it!! Nice meeting you.

Heel-D Were you trying to be fashionably late? Nice zippers on the jacket.

Hallo all, I also found out that there was no way I could find all my posting by looking for "A3" as a member. I know I posted a lot arround the thema "ballet heels" in under "ultra high heels....." and even made a part of my collection in here on few "collection of A3". Even here in Holland big roads are named A1, A2, A4, A5 etc. A3 we haven't here but my name written out is the same as spoken like A3 in Dutch. Sorry but I can't help in this matter, perhaps in the soft-wear to get finding my posting or else go past all the items, capitels and find were I wrote something down. I am sorry, I didn't know when I put up this nickname. Micha, I hope next time when we meet I have my balletboots with me again and you are free to try or others as well. Perhaps in the postings to make it happen ask for it again, so the we can prepair for it. Anyway thanks for getting all to Londen to meet new people to share the same feelings for high heels and more. Until the next meeting enjoy your heels A3

Hi a3, bad to see that you had the same problem... Tara, I tried both "a3" and and "A3". An idiotic filter of the forum software must be guilty. A3, if we should meet again in real life, I will insist to try on your ballet boots :roll: @Kneehighs: I have been waiting the whole time for your postings, please send more pics. Still my compliments for your outfit, its simply perfect! cheers, micha

Micha!!!!! My new friend from Germany :roll: Thanks for the compliment. Sorry it took so long, but I just got back to the states and didn't want to wither away my holiday time online. More pics to come soon.

About a month ago I decided to go to the meet, because the number of attendees was growing and the nationalities became divers. I thought this was going to be a special meet, and it has been.

I booked my flight and hotel on the internet and couldn't wait to go to London again.

Friday the 12th I stood up early to go to Schiphol Airport with the taxi. Being there I checked in easily and once through the customs I had plenty of time to take a cup of coffee.

The airplane departed on schedule and landed in London about the same time I departed because of the time difference (1 hour).

The ride to central London I did with the Tube. Another hour later I checked in the hotel and I could hit the streets.

On Oxford Street I bought a sandwich and a drink and went that afternoon to Brantano, Barratts, Faith, Magnus, Evans, to name a few. Well, a few, one afternoon is much too short to go to all, especially when you go by foot and by Tube.

At home I saw in the online catalog of Evans a pair of sandals with wedge heels which caught my eye. I wonder if they were still there. When I was there (three outlets on Oxford Street !!), only size 7s and 8s were left and one 9. The 9 was too small so I was a little disapointed. But o.k., the heelmeet next day was my goal and I sat my mind on that.

That evening the Guinness tasted delicious and I went early to bed.

I could sleep out and the saturday began a little cloudy and a bit chilly and I went on my way to the Starbucks Coffee House on Oxford Street as announced at the beginning of this thread. When I sat there I wondered why there was no sign of people with heels, let alone people with familiar faces.

Suddenly someone came came up to me and asked if I came for the heelmeet. Euchrid introduced himself and asked the same, why there wasn't more people. He would call outside with his telephone and beckoned that we had to look for another Starbucks. So us 2 to New Oxford Street where were other people of the group.

We got a cordial reception by Heelfan, Peachy, Tara, Jo, Shakedown, Si and after a big coffee and after Firefox and Heeluis came in, we went for the walk.

Oxford Street was great as always and we went shop in, shop out and finally we met Micha, Jan and A3 (pronounced Adree, it's the shortening language of today). Firefox came back and the group was complete so far.

We went to Dune and stand there with the whole group in that small shop and I remember the salesgirl watched us breathlessly. I went to Evans again with Heelfan and Micha because of our big feet and to see if there was something in our size. Again I found nothing to suit my taste and again nothing of the sandals I was looking for.

We joined the group again and decided to go for lunch at McDonalds. We sat in the middle of the house and I saw some people looking at our shoes. Nothing was said and we went along.

After the fries and quarterpounders we went back on the street. In the mean time the weather was cheerful, the sun was shining and the temperature was pleasent. Micha changed his shoes in something significant higher and he must almost have been 7 feet tall.

Ravel came in sight and after that we started to enter Faith we had to change and went to the pub. We met there Mr. and Mrs. Fogborkenvv, had a drink and we were all awaiting Kneehighs, Xaphod and Calv. The reception was great and groupphotos were made.

I changed from my ankleboots with 3" heels in kneeboots with 4,5" heels. Heelfan took his measure and his conclusion was that I've been bolder. Well, maybe it's not the look, but more if I can handle a much more heelheight.

After a while, I think it was around 5 pm, we went back to Oxford Street where we decided to go to Top Shop. Some of us went downstairs and I asked Kneehighs advice on my look and we went shopping for jeans and all that. We didn't succeed but he gave some good advice! Look for pictures how you want to look and try to dress like that. I'm still busy with this but I have something in mind.

We met there Heel-D and again I saw a salesgirl looking our way that there were so much men wearing heels.

After a while the group was complete again and we went outside. Heelfan, Peachy and Jo had to go back home and we wished each other a save journey.

My feet were beginning to hurt badly and I had to change back to my ankleboots. What a relief.....

We got hungry and went to an Italian restaurant where we could rest our feet and tell more about ourselves or just talking about everything. By 8.30 pm I think we paid the bill and said goodbye to Mr. and Mrs. Fogborkenvv, Tara, Micha and Jan and we went with the 8 of us to the hotel of Kneehighs and Heeluis.

Kneehighs ordered champagne but it was a delicious French red wine and we toasted on this remarkable day. We sat there talking and Xaphod told us the real story behind the disaster of the Ariane-5 rocket which exploded in the air.

After one more drink A3 and I went back to our hotels and I think we all could look back on this succesful day in the history of heelmeetings. With this thought I fell asleep.

Sundaymorning was chilly again and by 9 o'clock I was on the street again. I walked through an empty Carnaby Street and there wasn't much people on Oxford Street, this in contrast with the day before when it was very busy. I went to a Coffee House where I sat next to the window from where I could look out and watch people.

It must have been almost noon when the first shops were going open again. I waited till Evans went open (again) and went inside. To my surprise there was a size 10 of the sandals I was looking for and sat down and tried them. A great fit, put them off and I stood up and paid for them. (GBP 10,-!!) "At last", I thought and went to Top Shop where I bought a pair of skinny jeans. (GBP 35,-)

I found this day actually better than the day before and satisfied I went back to the hotel to check out, went to Heathrow Airport for the flight back and after the taxi-ride I could relax a few hours before I went to sleep because the next day I had to work again.

All in all a great weekend and I want to say thank you to all who attended the meeting, great to see again the complete Paris-group of 2 years ago and special thanks to Kneehighs for the organisation and the advice.

See you all a next time!

Robert

p.s. Here is a picture of the sandals I bought.

Posted Image