HOT or NOT experiment

kneehighs

Hey, what do you guys think of doing an experiment at hotornot.com?

I put a pic of myself up just for fun, but it was only a mugshot. Then I got to thinking....what if I compared the results of the mugshot ratings with the results of showing a full body pic of me in heels? Sure, it wouldn't be a bona fide scientifically valid experiment conducted under rigorous controlled conditions, but it sure would be interesting to compare the results!

I think I'm going to do it for fun.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Find a picture where you can't tell completely if your a man or a woman and don't put a description. After several days, you can redo the experiment, this time describing yourself as a man. If you get drastic results, you can post that back to them. Good luck, Scotty

DONE DawnHH. Its not a very good pic.

I couldn't apply sscotty's idea because question #3 on the initial registration page forces you to choose man or woman, no grey area.

Now I hope I get higher than a 6...sheesh, my mugshot rating was a 7.7 with 33 votes.

Fun though.

Ha, Ha!

I know the scientific validity of this "test" lacks, but my pic with heels (unless its been skewed by you guys giving me 10's??) has a higher point rating than my mug shot.

lol

Ha, Ha!

I know the scientific validity of this "test" lacks, but my pic with heels (unless its been skewed by you guys giving me 10's??) has a higher point rating than my mug shot.

lol

Hi Kneehighs, you are right. The scientific meaning of this test lacks. I clicked on your link and gave you a 10 because of your heels :wink: Afterwards I became curious and tried it again. The next 10 and oops :wink: - it did work with the same IP adress! BTW: my provider is changing my IP address dynamically with every new login. Every poster could push up his voting easily up to 10. I am convinced that many people are voting multiple for beloved pics and many vain candidates are voting multiple for themselves. The ratings are astonishing high: a mean value far beyond 5 :D

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Hi Kneehighs, you are right. The scientific meaning of this test lacks. I clicked on your link and gave you a 10 because of your heels :wink: Afterwards I became curious and tried it again. The next 10 and oops :wink: - it did work with the same IP adress! BTW: my provider is changing my IP address dynamically with every new login. Every poster could push up his voting easily up to 10. I am convinced that many people are voting multiple for beloved pics and many vain candidates are voting multiple for themselves. The ratings are astonishing high: a mean value far beyond 5 :D

nice greetings

micha

Micha,

That brings up another interesting point. Say someone not associated with this website views the picture and sees a rating of 3. Do they then view the picture in a negative light? If the same person sees the same picture that has a rating of 7, do they see it as positive? In other words, does the rating already there taint the way the person views/accepts the picture?

Much the same way, if the overall media fawns over some female celebrity, do others start to view that person as very desirable? Or the opposite, if the media calls the woman ugly, do others start to shun the person? I am just curious how much others opnions influence the perception of the individual.

For example, 20 years ago, any man with an earring was called gay. Now a days, a young guy with an earring is thought to be hot. In 10 years, if heels on men becomes universally acceptable, would the same women who object to it all of a sudden see it as sexy?

Scotty

Well, after like 67 votes, the first pic of me in block heels averaged a 7.7 which is higher than what my mug shot is at right now (it changes every hour).

By the way, you can't see people's average score until AFTER you've placed your vote.

Now I changed the pic to one of me in pumps. Lets see what happens?

p.s. while I appreciate any here trying to boost my score, would you be so kind as to not vote? I want the results to be as unbiased as possible.

I wonder if people are actually scrolling down the screen so they can see my shoes? Or if they are just voting without scrolling down? Hmm, looks like I'm going to have to reduce in size the photo of me in pumps so there can be no question.

I wonder if people are actually scrolling down the screen so they can see my shoes? Or if they are just voting without scrolling down? Hmm, looks like I'm going to have to reduce in size the photo of me in pumps so there can be no question.

You have got again a 10 from me. But only once :D

micha (*a passionate downscroller*)

Buddy, I don't think the reason is because of the shoes. It's not a really good pic of you. I think a clearer picture would look better. A better undershirt too - the design looks like you got a purse across your chest or something.

LOL! I never thought about the purse thing. LOL, the satin stripes from the tuxedo blazer blend right into the outer edge of the box logo on my tshirt. Good eye.

Im going to be taking my pics off hot or not soon anyway -- it was just a fun experiment really.

It would be interesting to conduct a scientifically valid social experiment though. "The effects of men wearing high heels on the sexual attraction of women to those men in heels."

• 1 year later...

Well, because I was bored stiff after watching The Apprentice last night, I decided to post a picture at hot or not again...just for fun.

Here is the link: http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=EZNZBQR&key=DHN

Assuming the computer generated final rating is correct and assuming that people who rated me saw my shoes, my average score of 9.8 isn't too bad,considering that I am wearing skinny pants and stiletto pumps

edit: After 10 votes, avg was 9.8. After 19, avg was 8.6, after 33 votes avg was 7.6 :wink:

After 10 votes, avg was 9.8. After 19, avg was 8.6, after 33 votes avg was 7.6 :wink:

But isn't it quite normal? Your fans and the enthusiasts are the first who are answering. Later quite normal people and also "pansy haters" are voting. More than 6.6 (two third) is a big result for you. Your president is dreaming of such results!

micha (*hoping to have pushed you up to 7.7 again*)

Well, after like 67 votes, the first pic of me in block heels averaged a 7.7 which is higher than what my mug shot is at right now (it changes every hour).

By the way, you can't see people's average score until AFTER you've placed your vote.

Now I changed the pic to one of me in pumps. Lets see what happens?

p.s. while I appreciate any here trying to boost my score, would you be so kind as to not vote? I want the results to be as unbiased as possible.

Have you thought about conducting three or more separate polls, each with different pics, to obtain simultaneously comparative ratings that very, without interruption, based on the various styles itself, then posting the results here?

Consider starting from scratch.

ShockQueen + micha Thanks

Have you thought about conducting three or more separate polls, each with different pics, to obtain simultaneously comparative ratings that very, without interruption, based on the various styles itself, then posting the results here?

Consider starting from scratch.

No, but why don't you do it? :wink:

I'm just having fun, not doing some kind of serious evangelization of The Cause here.

• 5 weeks later...

KneeHighs.....

6.6 vs 6.9 as of today LOL

kneehighs:

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=EZNZBQR&key=DHN

Gary0618:

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=RMELGZE&key=KHG

Ahem....

I think your pic is going through a bit of a course correction...

Add in the relative value of my $15 Valentines Bouqet I received from a hottie Double Match in Houston who actually wants to visit NYC...and I think my current 6.8 turns into a 10! :wink:

Kidding...this Hot or Not stuff is so NOT Real World. People judge looks by more than just a still photo. The way you walk, the way you arch your back, the way you hold your head up, the way you stick your neck out...

But it is fun.

I too have been on Hot or Not for quite a while, and I posted som heel pics which seem to be doing well, this one has a 7.3.

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=GMA8RSB&key=XDB

And at any given time I have 5-10 double matches. So they either aren't looking at the feet (which is possible) or they just don't care.

I've done the experiment that I first uploaded a picture with the heels cut and the same picture with the heels vissible. The cropped picture got 7.6 (61 votes) and the heel-pic got 5.6 (61 votes). I guess this is a thumbs down to the heel look.

Any updates on your ratings? After 143 votes, my pic is now at 7. After 143 votes, versus 75 or 100, I think that's a pretty solid 7 too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...