Five Years And Counting!

JeffB

It was five years ago this month that I took the extraordinarily bold step of wearing heels in public at the place where I work for the very first time. The shoes in question were a pair of black stack heeled loafers I bought from Payless, and I still remember how incredibly nervous I was when I stepped out the door and exposed myself to the world. The rest was history, having evolved from plain looking loafers to strutting about in spike heeled pumps and now, thigh high boots, perhaps the ultimate in public heel wearing. Sometimes, I'm still amazed at my evolution, and the fact that I'm wearing heels in public at all, something I never would've envisioned before that fateful day in October 2000. And yet, here I am, having the time of my life! And being a member of this board helped immensely with my having become the person I am today! On top of that, people here actually look up to me because of my public exploits! That gives me a very warm feeling inside like you wouldn't believe. I'm proud to be part of this terrific community! ;)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

:bday: I do remember the feeling you describe, when taking the first step into public areas. And I really admire your progress into pumps and thigh high boots, I'm way behind you on that. I also must say, that you being a member of this board have helped a lot of other newbies during the years. Where I'm one of them. :lol: And I'd like to thank you for that. And yes, we do look up to you because of your courage and boldness you've proven during the years. Also all your great stories and your nice comments to all and everyone. BTW You joined this forum about a week before I did back in 2002. I'm just a bit behind in the postings... ;) Let's here it for JeffB, hurray, hurray, hurray, hurray...

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

Lorriette: What got me started? To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure. One day, I just decided I was going to wear heels, then I went out and did it. Just like that! And the rest was history! ;) Thighhighs: Thanks for the kind words. I'm always appreciative of people here who enjoy reading my exploits and looking at the pictures I've posted. It's still a tremendous rush to read that people hang on my words and admire what I've done in the arena of public heel wearing. And if my adventures have helped newbies like you once were gain the confidence they needed to step out on their own, then, it's all been worth it, and then some! :lol:

JeffB:-)

You know that I enjoy reading your stories and I still maintain that you are an amazing individual. More power to you, my friend.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Many thanks for the kind words, my friend! I still feel that there's a lot more fun for me in the arena of public heel wearing to come!

;)

I remember you inspiring me to do my own heeling derring-do, but never have been able to do it as often as you do JeffB. You have the style, the taste, and the personality that makes it look way easy! ;) Congrats on the milestone! :bday: :drinking:

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Happy Anniversary, JeffB! Yet to have that first time, I continue to enjoy the anticipation of the first time ;)

Love all the photos on your image site as well as those among the threads. Keep them coming. It's good to step back now and then to appreciate where you are, what brought you there and the journey itself, good and bad. Imagine having that "first time" thrill each and every outing. HA, I guess you could end up a nervous wreck that way, come to think of it.

What will you do to celebrate the occasion?

Happy Anniversary, JeffB! Yet to have that first time, I continue to enjoy the anticipation of the first time ;)

Love all the photos on your image site as well as those among the threads. Keep them coming. It's good to step back now and then to appreciate where you are, what brought you there and the journey itself, good and bad. Imagine having that "first time" thrill each and every outing. HA, I guess you could end up a nervous wreck that way, come to think of it.

What will you do to celebrate the occasion?

Thanks for the kind words. The first time is always exhilirating, and a little terrifying as well, mainly because you have no way of knowing how people around you will respond (if they do at all) to seeing a man wearing heels.

Even to this day, I still feel those "first time jitters" every time I step out in heels, though not as greatly as I did five years ago. It's almost impossible not to feel that way since each new day is a brand new experience. It's just a matter of not letting those jitters overwhelm you and you'll be just fine.

As for how to celebrate the occasion, well, I already did that by evolving once again by stepping out in thigh high boots a couple of weeks ago. Whew! Talk about jitters! But I got over them and had a great time! I know it can be scary going out for the first time, but it can be done. Just go out and do it!

:lol:

Congrats JeffB. Your stories have all been very inspiring.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Great advise, JeffB, for our newby, Heelme. It was the advise I gleaned from this very Forum that got me out to start my street-heeling career. Mickey is now out of her surgical boot and back on her cane and as soon as both she and I can gain a bit more strength in our legs, we will both be back heeling at the Malls. The Holidays are coming and we both are looking forward to seeing all of the new merchandise and decorations. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Yo, Dawn! Good to hear you and Mickey will be out and about soon! Please be sure to tell us of your adventures when you hit the streets! ;)

JeffB, I just realized I hadn’t posted my hardiest congratulations on your five-year anniversary.

Having an employer that will let you wear heels at work and doing it are two different things. I admire your efforts and thoroughly enjoy reading your posts.

Five years ago, did you think heeling would be this much fun? ;)

dutch-bootboy -

I’m looking forward to hearing about your first steps outside in stilettos.

DawnHH -

I didn't realize Mickey had a surgery. Glad to here things are going well. You should be on your best behavior, now that Mickey has a longer reach with a cane.

I think I should translate for the rest of the board, “seeing all of the new merchandise and decorations” means going out to look at trains.

Enjoy your outings.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

JeffB, I just realized I hadn’t posted my hardiest congratulations on your five-year anniversary.

Having an employer that will let you wear heels at work and doing it are two different things. I admire your efforts and thoroughly enjoy reading your posts.

Five years ago, did you think heeling would be this much fun? ;)

Nope, not all! It's been an absolutely fabulous experience. Each new day in heels is a totally new adventure. The level of acceptance I've gotten from superiors and co-workers has been nothing less than remarkable. I've mentioned on the board more than a few times that everyone has gotten so used to my wearing heels, I've been told in no uncertain terms by more than a few people that I'd look weird in men's shoes! Now that's acceptance! And more fun is sure to come!

:lol:

JeffB:-) First, let me congratulate you on your 5 year anniversary of wearing heels at work and out in public. That's a mile-stone in itself. I will be sure to let you all know about our heely outings when we are strong enough to continue with them, although my stories may not be as interesting as yours or Thighbootguy's. Dutch-bootboy:-) I will indeed be interested in reading of your stories out and about in your stilettos for the first time. Thighbootguy:-) Yes---for me---trains. I just took delivery of a new Lionel Norfolk and Western "O" guage articulated steam engine model for my home layout. For Mickey---she likes to roam all of the stores and Malls during the Christmas Holidays to see all of the decorations and what is new in merchandise. I enjoy it too. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

JeffB:-)

First, let me congratulate you on your 5 year anniversary of wearing heels at work and out in public. That's a mile-stone in itself. I will be sure to let you all know about our heely outings when we are strong enough to continue with them, although my stories may not be as interesting as yours or Thighbootguy's.

Thanks for the kind words, Dawn! I do as best as I can, and manage to have fun at the same time. Some days, I still manage to amaze myself with my adventures in heels, going from ugly loafers to pumps and now thigh boots. At this stage, I've pretty much done it all, but, like I said previously, each new day is a new experience, and I'm looking forward to more fun in public!

;)

WOW, 5 years, and not arrested or locked up! ;) Any way, I know about the jitters, and I still get a bit self consious, but it sure is alot of fun too, and I think as I wear my more slender heeled boots more, I find that they are easier to walk in than the block heeled boots, as the cracks in side walks and little pebbles are less likely to throw me off ballance. Any one else experience this between block heels and smaller diameter heels? Again Congratualtions Jeff, and Keep on Heeling!!! TLAHHB's

• 3 years later...

It was five years ago this month that I took the extraordinarily bold step of wearing heels in public at the place where I work for the very first time. The shoes in question were a pair of black stack heeled loafers I bought from Payless, and I still remember how incredibly nervous I was when I stepped out the door and exposed myself to the world. The rest was history, having evolved from plain looking loafers to strutting about in spike heeled pumps and now, thigh high boots, perhaps the ultimate in public heel wearing.

Sometimes, I'm still amazed at my evolution, and the fact that I'm wearing heels in public at all, something I never would've envisioned before that fateful day in October 2000. And yet, here I am, having the time of my life! And being a member of this board helped immensely with my having become the person I am today! On top of that, people here actually look up to me because of my public exploits! That gives me a very warm feeling inside like you wouldn't believe. I'm proud to be part of this terrific community!

:chuckle:

Well, JeffB,

I can't believe that I will hit this same mark at the end of the month too!!! A few years after your B-day/H-day

WHat about others? Hol Long has it been for you????

Wow! Forgot all about this thread! My, how time flies when you're having fun! Not only am I still boldly wearing heels, but pairing them regularly on outings with skirts! And I'm having more fun than ever! How about THAT for an evolution! :chuckle:

Keep heeling Jeff and keep inspiring me! The only thing 5 years is the start of 10, 15, 20 etc.

Well, I'll certainly do my very best!