New Cowboy-style boots

Mickey S.

Absolutely! You should have no problem wearing those.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hi Mickey, I just intended to answer in the "Steve Madden" thread. Then I detected your new thread. These boots are exactly the style I'm searching for since monthes. Naturally for everyday wearing!!! Any hope for me to get them in my size (at least US12 / EU43)? My best wishes from Frankfurt to Dresden :wink: micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Micha,

unfortunately, size EU42 ist the largest they offer (Graceland/Deichmann). But since I'm a EU43 myself you should definately give them a try because they have a nice fit - even for a USw12. They are available like shown and in black leather.

I was talking to the sales girl for a while when I tried on those boots in the shop. To her I was the first and only man who ever did try women's shoes in public / in the shop. But she didn't have no problems at all with me going for women's shoes. I said 'Why women's shoes? Isn't that rather just shoes?' - 'Absolutely!', she replied. And she agreed furthermore that the contemporary men's footwear is kinda boring for the time being. I walked a bit around the shop in these boots and the salesgirl pointed out that although it looks somehow unusual (since there aren't many men who try this) these shoes do look good (on me). My confidence went up quite a bit. So I might give them a try...

Hopefully this helps some of the shy guys to come out of their closets!

CU!

-Mike

Great boots. Look kind like they're Unisex to me. You should be able to wear them anywhere you would like to. Heels look like they're about 2½" high to me.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Folks, sorry for not getting back to you earlier. The server wasn't reachable until a few minutes ago. According to my ruler the heels measure a little over 3" (8cm). To me they feel like flats but nevertheless they look damn good! The salesgirl yesterday also adviced me what to do when wearing them outside in case of rainy weather. Obviously she was kinda serious about me going for wearing these boots in public. The heels make some noise, however, but there are also men's shoes as well which have the usual (boring! :o() masculin look but sound alike. So, this shouldn't be a problem from this point of view. @high heel lover: Unfortunately I don't know whether or not such kind of boots are available in Belgium. How far are you away from the German border? Try one of the Deichmann-shops in nearest big German city. They should still have'em since this is a (brand-?) new model. CU! -Mike

Mickey: The boots look great! As far as noise, I'd say most western style boots have a bit of a heel sound, I hear 1/2" cowboy boots whenever someone's walking around in them. But most men's styles in the USA are offered in up to 2.5" so those should be perfectly acceptable. In fact, I'd say the suede dresses them up enough to blend in just about anywhere you may want to go. I've been trying to find a new pair of lower key boots to wear around my town.. I've got enough practice wearing my 4" cole haan boots in Ft Lauderdale/Miami/West Palm Beach that my new 2.5" wedge boots feel like flats, so it's time for something higher. Although wearing the wedges with ankle length pants lends me to belive that black wedge boots draw nearly zero attention when worn by a man. *grin* I'll start another thread with a few pics though. Have fun! Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

• 2 weeks later...

Mickey S.:-) That's a great pair of boots and should go anywhere under a pair of jeans. They look unisex to me even though they have a 3" heel and are a bit higher than male boots. Nobody will notice the difference, I betcha. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I agree with everyone else. You should have no problems walking around in them. If you'd like to start careful, wear them under your pants to get used to the sound of the heels yourself. I would have bought something like that myself if I found them in a store.

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

I have three pairs of boots that I, more or less, wear regularly in public. One pair of brown light tan, semi square toe "buckskin" boots with 4" thicker blade type heels; a pair of tan J-Lo boots with 4½" stacked heels (pointed toes) and a pair of black boots with 3½" block heels with a "strap and buckle accent across the ankle just above the instep). When worn with jeans, the black boots don't attract any attention. The other two pairs do attract some glances because, I would guess, of the color,.which is a little unusual for a male to wear. All thre pair fit me very well and are comfortable. Because they are so comfortable, I wear them naturally and confidently. Which, is the greatest attribute to not calling attention to your footwear. Footwear that causes the wearer to limp, or favor their feet like they are in pain, is the greatest factor prompting people to look for "what's causing you to walk so funny"... :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Dutch-bootboy:-) That's a very nice pair of western style boots. You shouldn't have any problem wearing them anywhere and the heel isn't high enough to cause you any problems. They should look good under a long pair of jeans. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Those boots look like the boots that Australian cowboys wear in the outback in Australia. I don't believe you will have any negative reaction to those boots where ever you wear them (except to a formal dance, or something else, like that) :wink:

Epi Cene:-) Both of those pairs of boots would be great for street-heeling and no doubt about it. Under long pants, they should show no reaction what-so-ever. Of course, I like the top pair better because of the style and the higher heel and that pair would be smashing in black. I wouldn't mind a pair myself. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I like these 2 western style boots from Eddie Bauer and they go up to size 12. Should be great for street heeling.

Posted Image

Thanks for the heads up Epi Cene. Just ordered these. Not a perfect pair of high heels, but beautiful nonetheless. Perfect for casual wear...exactly what all the women in Europe were wearing when I was there. Great find for my closet.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Thanks for the heads up Epi Cene. Just ordered these. Not a perfect pair of high heels, but beautiful nonetheless. Perfect for casual wear...exactly what all the women in Europe were wearing when I was there. Great find for my closet.

I think those black boots are some of the best looking boots I've seen in a long time for men or women, street heeling. Very elegant and classy, and should look great on either gender.

The brown (also come in black) higher heel western boots with the leather detailing make those stacked heels look just right for a "dress" western boot, even for guys.

This trend to female western boots with higher heels, makes this a perfect time for guy street heelers that want to be subtle, to buy some of those boots. To me, the stacked/block/thicker heels look perfect with the greater mass of boots and guys wearing them, even better than stilleto heels on boots. The boot proportions just look better,to me, with the thicker heels. But, the thin stilleto heels look perfect on pumps and sandals!

I'm planning on getting a pair of each of those boots, just as shown.

Please write a review of your black boots, after you get them.

Epi Cene, the second pair of boots will definitely get you no reactions in a "that man's wearing women's boots" way. Lots of guys wear those boots now. I've seen them worn on Big Brother and around London. I like them! More so than the first pair.

Here are a pair of Cowboys/girls I bought from Matalan a couple of months back:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I fell in love with these the minute I saw them in catalogue Matalan mailed me (they're shrewd people!:lol:). I think they work well with the jeans. They fit well but are a little snug too and thus can't really be worn with socks (unless very thin ones) at the moment. I reckon they need a little stretching. They're leather so that shouldn't be problem. I reckon kneehigh/normal tights/hosiery should be OK to wear with them too. I love these boots lots! I've already been out in them once with no reactions whatsoever (apart from a little girl who kept staring at me in Tesco). They are great to walk in. ;)

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

There is just a slight difference between men's and women's styles and that is, to my way of looking at them, the shape of the heel. It seems that the heels on the woman's styles are just a little thinner...not quite as bold and masculine looking. so, when you say you shouldn't get any reaction when you wear them, I would bet you would be right. You shouldn't get any reaction. Wear them with confidence and pride.