I did it

LuckyLad

I actually did it. Ok, bearing in mind it was 1am, there was no-one about and I had had a few beers, I just didnt care and I went for it! I street heeled and I loved it! My feet were a bit sore in my boots you see on the left, but the feeling, the noise and the buzz was incredible. Thought i'd let you all know Lucky

soon you will be wearing them in broad daylight just like it was the most natural thing in the world....and it is. :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

LuckyLad:-0 Like the good Lord has said..."LET THERE BE LIGHT." And there WAS light, and it was good. And LuckyLad street-heeled for the first time in the broad daylight. And the good Lord smiled down on him. Seriously...try it, you'll like it. And you will not need to street-heel under the cover of darkness ever again. And you won't have a need to pump yourself up with a few beers first for courage. It will be so enjoyable and enlightening. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

It's kinda funny, but I've done all my high heeled outings in broad daylight. Being a notorious couch potato with a 52" HDTV who treasures a full night's sleep, I rarely step outside my house after dark. So for me, it would feel, well, unusual to be in heels after dark. And since I don't drink any sort of alcohol, I just used willpower to bolster my courage when I first went out in heels. Different strokes for different folks, eh? :wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

The day after and all is quiet. The memories I have, if a little blurred, are still fresh. Still a great buzz and I have solved the pain problem with a pair of insoles ready for NEXT TIME. A little gutted that the soles and the heels took a bit of a bashing though. I would of expected a bit more durability as the quality of the boots is so high. Shame! Its probably because the boots are more 'women's' fashion and not rugged walking shoes. Oh well, they are still great! Thanks all Lucky

LuckyLad,

Well done for going out. You'll enjoy it even more next time. Don't be surprised that you see more wear on the soles and heels of the boots as the sole is smooth adn the heel small in diameter. I see your in the UK, so goto http://www.stiletto-heel-tips.co.uk and you can get some replacements to fit yourself. Probably would steer clear of metal tips for the noise issue.

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Careul how you go. The police may arrest you for wearing womens shoes in a public place or behaviour likley to cause a breach of the peace.

Has that happened to you, recently, Firefox? I've encountered several policemen while wearing heels, and while they give it a double-take, they haven't bothered me.

Like the good Lord has said..."LET THERE BE LIGHT." And there WAS light, and it was good. And LuckyLad street-heeled for the first time in the broad daylight. And the good Lord smiled down on him.

What's this all about?

(I don't believe the good Lord has anything to do with heeling)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

What's this all about?

(I don't believe the good Loard has anything to do with heeling)

Epiphany--comparing his first street heeling experience to spiritual enlightenment. You don't have to be an evangelical christian to understand the analogy.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

well, where I live has rather "steep" hills as it were (maybe somewhat like England-UK) but while I cant vouch for the general ease of walking in heels on some of THOSE hills, I can say (with certain knowlege) that walking where I live here in Laguna Niguel (south Orange county, CA) is very HARD in heels for me (I know cause I dont drive nor even have a car so I need walk to get around, taking the bus mostly) I can imagine that where most of you guys in UK dont try to walk in steep hills, I HAVE to wear sneakers (trainers for you brits) otherwise my poor feet will REALLY let me know later!! :oops: around the house or on level ground is only where I CAN wear my heels, my highest are black mega platform sandals around 6 inches (mostly good FOR around the house! :wink: ) then the next highest are Steve Madden with 5 inch wedge heels THEN, Nine West knee high boots with 4 inch blade heels! (they are VERY comfy btw!!) :lol:

men still look good with pants tucked into the right boots!

<snip>...I have solved the pain problem with a pair of insoles ready for NEXT TIME.

A little gutted that the soles and the heels took a bit of a bashing though. I would of expected a bit more durability as the quality of the boots is so high. Shame! ...<snip>

hi Lucky, well done. was that in town or the country - how far did you go? I try to have a regular 'exercise walk' and sometimes I go out late after midnight sometimes earlier or more conservatively shod in the day. Mid evening is quite a good time because people are around but not too many and you're less conspicious than a single person out very late. Twilight is also good because human eyesight is re-adjusting from day to night vision and is less attuned to picking out detail.

You picked quite a challenging pair indeed for you first outing, not surprising it pained at bit! Keep experimenting with the insoles, you might try some half insoles too (or those scholl gels) - it all depends on the fit of each shoe/boot. Most lightweight insoles are best in flat shoes and can't take the pounding in heels.

It's worth finding yourself some block heeled boots too, it shouldn't be hard to find 3.5" to 4" ones and the tips will take a bit more hammering and rather easier to pass off under long legs during the day. you can learn to replace the tips yourself later too.

_

as for 'hills in the UK', tuckedinto., there are flat bits, hilly bits and a few mountainous bits which are lightly populated. large parts of the country are just rolling hills of varying shape from gentle to a bit steeper.

it might be only a small patch of the planet here but there are examples from nearly a billion years of geology here with the youngest in the SE and oldest in the NW. Northern Scotland in fact a piece of north america that crossed over before the Atlantic stretched out to its current width - it's a few hundred million years older than the bit of Southern Scotland it's stuck to, itself quite old.

anyway, it's flat for nearly half a mile around me (the valley floor of one of the city's lost rivers) and then rises up gently in all directions getting steeper in a couple of directions.

interesting point as I've only tested the gentle rises in 3" heels or less - I've not tested the steeper roads in anything higher - don't know if I can get that far in them yet!! :wink:

/I

Well in the 70's when every man was street-heeling I bought a super pair of Italian black shoes with a 3/4" platform and 3.5" heels. I walked down to my friends house a mile away from mine with about a 200ft drop in the first 1/2 mile, a gentle slope realy. However, I do remember that I felt that was hard and much easier coming home again afterwards. Mind you we had beeen in the pub in between :drinking:

I had a second brown pair of heels and between the two pair, I lived and died in them. Never had enough money left after going to the pub :drinking: to buy any more.

As I posted in another thread (lunchtime shopping) I just got a pair of shoes from Next in size 9 and will wear these now for social work. They go nice under trousers or jeans and no one will care, and if LuckLad is lucky enough to have feet no bigger than EU44, they will work for him too. Posted Image Jeans/Trousers 2" longer than usually worn with the shoes sold as mens will look super and be totally normal to the rest of the world.

Happy days.

TB2

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Has that happened to you, recently, Firefox? I've encountered several policemen while wearing heels, and while they give it a double-take, they haven't bothered me.

I think he meant it in an ironical manner. In every civilized country it's legal to wear high heels as a guy. If a policeman in my hometown Frankfurt should have the crazy idea to arrest me because of my heels he would get definitely a lot of annoyance :wink:

BTW: Well done, Luckylad!

The best fashion is your own fashion!

... >snip< If a policeman in my hometown Frankfurt should have the crazy idea to arrest me because of my heels he would get definitely a lot of annoyance :wink:

and I think a lot of annoyance from the policeman's boss too for wasting his scarce time and not chasing the real bad guys!!

/I

and I think a lot of annoyance from the policeman's boss too for wasting his scarce time and not chasing the real bad guys!!

Yes - he would get not only problems with my lawyer but guaranteed also with his superiors because of this childish bullshit!

At the last Christopher street day in Frankfurt the police presented themselve with an own corner. I had really got a heart attack if they had arrested me because of my stiletto boots. A ridiculous imagination! By the way: our female christian conservative mayor Petra Roth was holding a speech!

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Kneehighs:-) I do at times use a bit of levity to spice things up a bit, or to encourage someone in their endevors, and I commend you for your post as you were spot-on in your analogy. It appears that Bubba has missed the boat this time around. Bubba has stated his opinion and I respect that as I would anyone elses opinion on this or any other subject. This is what makes the Forum go around. I may not always agree with someones opinion, but I stand behind their right to have one. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Tuckedintoboots - NO CAR :wink: How do you survive? Does OCTA go into Laguna Niguel? The nearest bus route from here is about a mile, and then only one. Another mile to the main street. I like to take the train (Amtrak Pacific Surfliner) to LA, San Diego, or San Juan, but it is about 5 miles to the station, and no bus goes there. I am in the Orange area, 3-4 miles from the dance studio - too far to walk in a reasonable time.

Tuckedintoboots - NO CAR :wink:

How do you survive? Does OCTA go into Laguna Niguel? The nearest bus route from here is about a mile, and then only one. Another mile to the main street. I like to take the train (Amtrak Pacific Surfliner) to LA, San Diego, or San Juan, but it is about 5 miles to the station, and no bus goes there.

I am in the Orange area, 3-4 miles from the dance studio - too far to walk in a reasonable time.

The bus drops off at Union Station and Norwalk

http://www.mta.net/riding_metro/riders_guide/planning_trip-01.htm

http://www.mta.net/riding_metro/riders_guide/planning_trip-02.htm

I recommend downloading them as PDFs and using them on your computer.

As for getting to the bus stop, simply throw your pair into a bookbag and hoof it using your favorite walking shoes! That's what I do when I'm touring other cities. Once I'm in the general vicinity of where I'll be for a while, I'll head to the restroom where I can slide into my heeled boots before touring a museum, hitting a restuarant, or just sitting at a cafe' people-watching with friends.

I think he meant it in an ironical manner. In every civilized country it's legal to wear high heels as a guy. If a policeman in my hometown Frankfurt should have the crazy idea to arrest me because of my heels he would get definitely a lot of annoyance :wink:

BTW: Well done, Luckylad!

Dead right Micha :lol:

• 2 months later...

I finally did it! :D:lol: Halloween was the excuse. I have worn stiletto platforms in and around the house for years (and I'm sure the neighbors know), but that's all. I'm in Honolulu with a female companion, and we brought sort of costumes for Halloween. She was leopard woman and I was Hollywood - black Hollywood T-shirt, black jeans, dark glasses, black socks, and black 5in. heel slides. Went to a costume contest, but left before the judging (too many fancy costumes), and walked the main drag through Waikiki last night. The street was so jammed you could hardly move in spots, many people in costume and many more just spectating and taking pictures! Batman and Robin were there, driving in the Batmobile (a Cobra). We walked about half the length of Waikiki and back to the hotel. It was harder than I expected. I hadn't worn these shoes more than a couple of minutes before, and felt I was clomping along a bit. I wouldn't have gotten more than 10 feet in the platforms, as the sidewalk in brick/tile, with slopes to the side in some places on one side of the street, and fairly rough stone on the other side, both of which we did. The women in heels seemed to be doing fine, though. Got all the way back into the hotel (a whole block in size with stone floors) and a few yards from the reception area and my left ankle turned and I went down! Couldn't stand in the shoes again as the left ankle wouldn't support me, so took them off and walked back to the room in my socks. And, those shoes don't tend to tilt at all. Couldn't even stand on tiptoe on my left foot for a while, as the ankle turned sideways outward. How disappointing ;) Though it was dark and crowded, got lots of looks and lots of comments from women - "Cool shoes" and "I like your shoes." Only two from men, one doubtful and one positive. I need to practice more and check out walking in these shoes vs. the ones I'm used to, when I get home. This was the first exposure of my heels to this lady, a much younger dance partner. She tried them on, though they were a little large (only 2 sizes) for her, and we took a picture of her wearing them (she doesn't wear very high heels), which she has already emailed to all her friends.

BobHH:-) Sorry to hear about your turned ankle. Hope it is fine now, with no lingering effects. That happens ocassionally to my right ankle---it goes out to the right and immediately back in without my falling, just a slight misstep and I continue on as if nothing happens and no pain. It can happen when I'm wearing heels or flats, either way. Bad joints, you know. But, it sounds like you had a wonderful time anyways in Hawaii. Congrats! Cheers--- Dawn HH

Congratulations on finally going out in public wear heels. I have done some wearing of heels around the house but it was only 6 months ago that I wore them in public for the first time. I had to take my wife to the airport and as she was finishing her packing that morning I noted that she had not taken any of her high heeled boots. I was able to stash a pair of black boots with 2 1/2" block heels in my car. I saw her off and returned to the car, got the boots (in a cloth bag) returned to a men's room in the main terminal, put on a pair of pantyhose underneath & then the boots. I put my mens shoes in the bag & left the mens room walking through the lobby area, up some stairs and then back into the parking area. It was the first time I'd even worn heels in public like that & I loved it. Wearing those high heeled boots made me feel good . . . and I confess I was relieved that I wasn't hassled (not sure how many people even noticed. That evening I drove across town to take in a late movie. I wore the black boots but had brough along a pair of brown suade boots with 3 3/4" stacked wood heels. I knew I had to walk through the parking lot and around to the front of the theater to get in & then, of course, through the lobby & into the correct room. Even though I was wearing long blue jeans I really hesitated about wearing the brown boots. I based my decision on which heel made the least noise - it was the brown boots. Again, no hassles and I felt great wearing them. I have since gone out and am beginning to notice that 1) few people seem to take notice and 2) they don't seem to mind/care or choose not to hassle. I am looking forward to the day when I can wear heels exclusively (may be a bit of time yet :).