My Road-Test - The Sexiest Mules!

Lucy

Hi Everyone!

This is Lucy reporting on my personal road test of “One of the World’s Sexiest Mules” as it was described on the thread “What Makes a Shoe Sexy?” and I bought them from Chinaheels:

http://www.chinaheel.com/sale/english/shoe/htm

and the shoe is model no. G12104:

Posted Image

Apart from the wonderful 120cm heel (nearly 5”), the amazing feature is the one and only strap - the very skimpy, strap set way, way down over the toes in a much lower position than for virtually any other mule I’ve ever seen! Although from the website pictures they looked virtually impossible to walk in, I could not resist ordering a pair to find out for myself! They currently cost they very reasonable price of $60 US (about £45 UK).They arrived in the Spring, but unfortunately this was just as I was really ill with a very nasty chest infection. I hardly had the strength to get out of bed, let alone to go gallivanting around in daring heels!

Well, day by day I strengthened up, spurred on by having put the mules on my mantlepiece where they said “Wear us soon, please!”. I decided to call them "Happy and Slappy". On the first Saturday that I felt well enough, I thought (wisely) that I’d try them out indoors. Enthusiastically, I stood in front of my full-length mirror and tried them on as illustrated on another of Chinaheel's nice pictures:

Posted Image

But Oh Dear! The straps were a little narrow across my feet and immediately started strangling and cutting into my toes like a vice!They needed stretching, but luckily an old hand like me (I was sixty last week!) is up to all these little tricks, so I packed moist potato peelings (An old shoe-repairer’s secret) around the leather straps and kept them in place with a polythene wrapping wound around with elastic. A couple of hours later, I unwrapped the softened straps once more and pushed to toes of my pair of high-heeled-shoe-stretchers under the straps and turned the expansion screws; not too much though, in case they tore the straps from the soles of the shoes.

By this time, I was so anxious and curious to try-out these tantalising mules that, with the stretchers still in position, I speeded things up with a hair-dryer by drying-and-hardening the straps into their new expanded size.

Oh golly! Had I over-done the strap-stretchingl or under-done it? Instead of tights, I thought I would celebrate the Christening of the new shoes by wearing my suspenders and seamed-stockings and my short turquoise skirt that just covered the suspenders.

I thought the colour of Happy and Slappy deserved a “light” image, so I had put on a pale pearly-pink lipstick, silvery-white eye shadow and a silver hair-band. I though I would potter from my present ground floor flat along to our little parade of shops, and would try-out the mules from shop to shop getting a weekend newspaper and a few small bits and pieces, and for completeness I wanted to try them up and down some stairs, and up and down some slopey walk-ways if possible.

Standing up, I steadied myself against the dressing-table and teased each set of toes into the oh-so-low straps. Yes! The fit now seemed just about perfect! “Well done Lucy!” I murmered to myself, and tried taking one or two tentative steps forward.

Posted Image

“Oh my goodness!”, I instantly exclaimed.

Sorry, got to go for now, but don’t forget that my “Lucy’s Story” (memories of my lifetime in high heels) is below on the “Stories With A Heely Theme” Forum. See you!

Love, Lucy

edit note, 3rd Aug. - Part 2 is now posted below! Love, Lucy

Life is not a rehearsal. Why not use it to present ourselves as smartly and attractively as possible?

A_L wrote:

Yes! The fit now seemed just about perfect! “Well done Lucy!” I murmered to myself, and tried taking one or two tentative steps forward.

and then stopped just short of finishing the story. What a tease!!! :roll: :rofl:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Yeah that is really teasing us who hung onto your every word Lucy. Did they fall off easily I need to know.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Oh No Bubba and Shyguy, you've got it all wrong! I hadn't got nearly to the end of the report. In fact, I haven't even got to starting my report on the Road Test proper yet. There's lots to tell you all! I found it very exciting! Oh! And I see that this is my 99th posting, which means I'll be in a new pair of the Forum's avatar shoes when I continue the story! Love, Lucy

Life is not a rehearsal. Why not use it to present ourselves as smartly and attractively as possible?

Hi Lucy Just a note from one of your long-time admirerers here on the hhforum. I really enjoyed the first installment of your report on "One of the World's Sexiest Mules", Slappy and Happy. Perhaps you should have named them the "Cliffhangers" in honor of your leaving us wondering what happened after only you'd "tried taking one or two tentative steps forward." :roll: A second reason for the suggested new name would be that they were placed on the mantelpiece until they beckoned you to be worn! I look forward to further reports on these amazing shoes. The heel height looks good; tall enough to be "interesting", but not so tall as to be unmanagable. Of course, we readers will have to wait until your futher report to see how the one, narrow, low, toestrap works out. (I'm betting you managed fine in them, even if it did take a few steps for you to figure out how to manage the strap with toe tension.) Although I don't respond often to your offerings on the forum, I would like you to know that I always go straight to the Lucy Story whenever I notice a new installment has been posted. You have done so much to keep things interesting and vibrant, and I thank you for each of your many contributions. Many happy returns. Regards, raincat :bday:

Women who wear heels are to be admired and appreciated for the feminine visage they create.

Wow... amazing shoes, they MUST be difficult to walk in? Surely you didn't really go to the shops in them? I'll have to try and find that story! Thanks for sharing!

To Raincat: Hi Raincat, and many thanks for telling me how much you enjoy my contributions. It makes it all worthwhile! To Bobsmith: Hi Bobsmith, I must just make it clear (if it wasn't already) that my above "Happy and Slappy" mules report does not appear on "Lucy's Story" (see "Stories With A Heely Theme"). Lucy's Story is my memories of my lifetime in high heels which began in 1956 when I was twelve, and after 52 chapters, I've got up to 1964 (and counting). by contrast, My road test of Happy and Slappy is a current 2004 event. Thanks for your interest! Love, Lucy

Great Report Lucy! I look forward to reading more. Like RainCat, I also enjoy following “Lucy’s Story” when I check in, but generally don’t have time to post. Regards, Rob

Hi again everyone, and thanks for all your comments! Here’s the middle instalment of my “Road Test of the Sexiest Mules”: Having stretched the straps to fit my feet and stepped into the mules, I took one or two tentative steps forward. “Oh my goodness!”, I found myself exclaiming – there was hardly any toe-grip possible. Some of my other mules from Dr. Scholls and other makers were provided with a ridge on the upper side of the sole running side-to-side under my toe joints so that my toes could grip on to it, and the fleshy tips of my toes are prevent from slipping backwards. But under the toe-straps of these mules the sole was perfectly smooth! However, I’d also had experience of smooth soles too and I though back to my happy, youthful days with Velma and me slap-slapping along in our slingback ‘Alps’ with the heel-straps slipped down. Still, the toe-straps on these Chinaheels were the lowest I’d ever tried to master. I couldn’t get a proper stride and rhythm going in the bedroom, so the only thing was to brave venturing out into the street. It was a very hot day – ideal for my summery skirt and mules, so I went out on to the pavement and gave it a try. Immediately I felt the “throw” of the mules at each step was far bigger than any that I’d previously worn. Each shoe seemed to take an age to slap back under my foot. And I was very concious of them only hanging on my toes by a whisker. And after only fifteen yards “Oh dear!” the left one flew off my foot. “Most embarrassing” I thought, but there was no-one close enough to notice. I decided that the sheerness of my nylon stockings was not helping the toe-grip, making it very slippery. So before venturing any further, I decided to go back home and take my stockings off. In the 15 yard return journey both shoes slipped off as I walked! Having unclipped my stockings (to save time I left my suspender belt in position), I inserted my bare feet into “Happy and Slappy” once more. Fortunately, I am blessed with having extremely fine, light un-noticeable leg-hairs which I don’t have to shave or treat, so I can get away with bare legs and feet whenever I want to. “That’s better” I murmered immediately, because the slight natural moistness of my skin seemed to give just enough grip on the the leather to be able to retain the shoes on my feet (I hoped!). So, for the second time I went out of my front door and started towards the shops. “Wow!” this time it was super! I was now just about in control of Happy and Slappy, and with the lovely heel height and the very, very, free-swinging movement of the mules, it felt indescribably sensuous. I was loving it and it made me feel fantastic! By now I was approaching the shops, but the expedition was not to prove to be such plain sailing as it appeared. More soon, Love, Lucy.

Hi Lucy, Happily, I may advance my avitar standing by replies to you alone! :) Apparently I was wrong about the ease to which you brought the intractable Happy and Slappy under your control. :D I humbly await your further reports on this magnificent road test. 8) Regards, raincat

Women who wear heels are to be admired and appreciated for the feminine visage they create.

Sorry JeffM - I'm not catching on. What did Clarence have to "put up" with? Oh, and not long before I write the third and final part of my "Road Test" report. Love, Lucy

"Poor" Clarence had to put up with watching you try out the shoes you bought over the years. Putting up with the joy of doing this must have been very difficult for him. Try opposite logic, like when some thing is wicked it is great. Jeff

Hi, Lucy. A belated happy 60th birthday to you. I suspect you can put most women half your age to shame. Please continue with this road test; it's nice to see that you a true high heel wearer of the 21st century, as well as the 1960s!

Maybe it's just me since I've never liked mules, but Lucy's shoes look to be terribly impractical for day to day wear, and, judging from her "road test", very difficult to walk in. Sorry, but I wouldn't be caught dead in shoes like those!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I can’t help but smile at the names you have given to your new mules Lucy. ”Happy” and “Slappy”, how very cute. :D Over the last 18 months or so, my own interest in mules has developed considerably and I can relate easily to the pleasures and pains of wearing a new pair for the ist time. Like Happy & Slappy, my favorite pair are also made in China. These are by Colin Stuart, are very well made and have an arch that fits my foot perfectly. Jimmy Choo’s they are not, but what a joy they are to wear. Thanks for sharing your experiences Lucy and please, keep us up to date with your progress.I look forward to it. best regards jim

Hi Lucy, I've been really looking forward to this report and so far it's been well worth the wait. As usual you have given your post an extremely sensuous slant. I can visualise you in those gorgeous mules as I write. I can fully appreciate why the stockings had to go, but I'm sure they added to the sexiness of the occasion. It would have been a great moment to share with a heel loving guy. I look forward to the next part with much anticipation. Love, Paul.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, now finding myself more confident due to the greater grip on my mules due to having slipped my bare feet into them, I slap-slap-slapped my way towards the shops. There was a little queue (line in US) in the newsagents, so I found myself shoe-playing with Happy and Slappy. They really lend themselves to being slipped in and out of, and twiddling and dangling the tiny little toe-straps on the end of my toes. That felt gorgeous! Leaving the shop again, it was exciting to be reminded that with every step I took, my foot would go forward and would seem to leave the main body of the shoe behind completely, until after what seemed like an age it would slap back again under my foot in the most tantalising way. It was one of the most sensuous shoe-wearing experiences I had ever remembered! I had to go fairly slowly though. I knew that any attempt to stride along briskly would cause Happy or Slappy would fly off again! Just then I spotted another pair of lovely mules coming towards me! They were worn by a most attractive youngish lady in a black top and just-above-the-knee skirt, and although her black stiletto heels were not quite as high as mine (they were about 4 1/2") and the toe straps were not quite as narrow or low-slung, they looked terrific and still slapped away precariously! Like me, she looked as if she was enjoying and savouring every step. She spotted my mules at the same time as I noticed hers and we both found ourselves looking at each others' slappy stilettos and laughed. She came over and said "Where did you find such fantastic shoes? I wish I'd known about those before I bought these!" . I told her about Chinaheels and their website and she was overjoyed. This cheered me up, but as I walked along towards the bakers, another problem was becoming apparent. The back part of my right shoe seemed to start wanting to creep across to the right, so instead of slapping back under my foot, it was moving outwards, but my toes had so little control over the toe strap that I had to stop now and again and re-position the shoe under the centre of my own heel. Then the left one started doing the same thing by drifting to the left, so my feet were only perched on the inside edge of each shoe and increasingly the shoes were angling so much out to the sides that I was worried about having nothing left to stand on at all! Why had this only just started happening? I reasoned that it was because the sheer effort my toes trying to hold the shoes on at every step was causing them to become very tired. As my big toe was stronger than the other toes, I worked out that it were now holding on to the soles of the mules more successful than the weaker toes, thus dragging the big toe side of the shoe back more than the little toe side, causing it to rotate out-of-line. But how to counteract this problem? I could not inject new vigour into tired, achey toes, so I tried putting my feet and weight towards the outside edge of the shoes to try and arrest the creep. However, this made me walk in a most bow-legged "about to mount a horse" way, and I was stasrting to attract some peculiar glances from passers-by. Finally I found that the only way of eliminating the problem was to stop trying to grip so hard with my toes, and simply to relax my toes altogether. This immediately made the mules slop even more wildly than ever, and in fact they didn't return to my feet with a clean slap at all, but instead the heels dragged and skittered along the pavement at each step with scraping noises. Thus I accomplished the rest of the shopping trip using this new shuffle-and-scrape technique. It is worth mentioning that the heel-scraping noises brought even more attention to my unusual shoes, and attracted much interest. Peoples expressions seemed to range from pitying to admiring, and one or two looked utterly fascinated. As I finally returned to the quiet sanctity of my sitting room with as mixture of relief, embarrassment and excitement. Going back over the excursion in my mind, I realised that Happy and Slappy had been two of the most erotic things I had ever had on my feet, but that the trip had been quite a challenge and was not without its embarrassing moments. Verdict: At one and the same time damnably challenging to wear, but gloriously provocative and exciting! Absolutely great for wearing at an intimate little party or for those titilillating little occasions, but think hard and practice hard before plunging into more than a few minutes of outdoor walking! Marks out of 100 for being sexy shoes: 101! Love, Lucy

Hi Lucy! :) An excellent story! I too find ultra sexy shoes like your mules to be extremly sensual to wear. There is something so personally and intimately erotic about wearing such stillettos. I envy you, as I mostly only enjoy this kind of pleasure in the privacy of my own home. :D Thanks again for the great story! GM

Lucy: Welcome back to the board. I hope your mother is doing better now. As for your field test, I'm glad to see you are continuing to have erotic heely adventures here in 2004. Your test report made for fun reading. I would have liked to have witnessed your field test in person, but your description painted a very good picture. I hope you'll do more of these when you have the time.