Guys wearing heels in public....Gals ...what do you say..?

kay

Hi Kay, Fellas wearing heels in public? Well, why on earth not? As a businesswoman I've had so much fun wearing heels throughout my adult life at the office and socially (see my life story under "Stories") that it is a shame that so many fellas post that they can't pluck up the courage. I'm sure they would really enjoy it! I can't say I liked it when fellas wore the bulbous "Elton John" boots of the 1970s, but maybe that's just because I've never liked clumsy styles and clumsy platforms. However, when the platforms disappeared around 1980, and men were still wearing non-platform heels and 'Beatle boots', I thought they looked great. I do think though, that stilettos probably look out-of-place on all but the slimmest and dishiest of men, and that for the most part, chunky (and semi-chunky) heels look more in keeping with the heavier, masculine build of most men. I've just had a special look at Firefox's "Aesthetic Heels for Men" website and I think he looks extremely good in heels, especially the shot walking out of a shopping centre towards the camera. Go for it guys, and don't think us girls are going to look horrified or run a mile! I think most of us range between being mildly puzzled or curious to some like me who positively encourage it and think it's groovy! Love, Lucy

Life is not a rehearsal. Why not use it to present ourselves as smartly and attractively as possible?

i suppose it can be argued that high stilettos dont look so pleasing on an overweight or heavily built woman, but you try and tell some that. They must think it distracts away from their size or something, or makes them appear thinner, but i tend to disagree. Id say im the thinner end of mens frames and it would be fair to say that stilettos wouldnt look so bad on me. also i have to say ive always enjoyed heels and have been for many years so envious of how women get to wear heels as part of their everyday lives, but i couldnt without fears. Thanks to these boards ive had the courage to move the step forward. Im still a bit timid but were getting further than before. I think lucy that us lads could do with more people like you shouting your opinion on us heeled lads a bit louder. perhaps you should write to the newspapers :D daz

Lucy & I agree. If YOU feel comfortable wearing 'heels, then by all

means do so. Please proceed with this well intentioned caveat - Think first! Be fully aware that everyone is not going to feel as Lucy & I do. Some of those people :( are going to go out of their way to let YOU know all-l-l-l about it!

Let's have fun. By all means go out in your 'heels to places you know you'll be accepted. Example: The neighborhood bar where you are known

- good!. :( Your family Christmas party - probably not so good. :o The sports bar across town where THEY don't know you and vice-versa - DEFINATELY NOT GOOD. :D

People are who they are and generally don't like for their world to be intruded upon and you will never change them.

Always look at the complete picture. That includes the world OUTSIDE your box!

'Twould be a nice world if everybody thought, fealt, reasoned & processed

the same way I do . . . THEY DON'T!!!

Ciao!

Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

very true, unfortunately, the world is hard to change, but like whe daft fashions arrive, the first few that start get laughed at, then after so long theres so man doing it, that noone cares anymore. I dont think there wll ever be a huge flood of men rushing out in heels, because of rstars they dont make them for me only, and not many men wold be shopping in the ladies section. What i simply meant is that to positively enlighten the majority that are unknown to the male heeling activity could be useful. daz

I have been wearing heeled boots in public for many, many years, mostly high spikes, some with very thin tips and pointed toes. But then I meet all the conditions set in the mens form for body mass, hight and shoe size. I do feel that if you don't meet these conditions you should stay away from heels, and most men don't meet them.

Aw cummon Slim! You'll not grudge some of the "less slim" guys a little fun in their chunkier heeled, masculine-toed shoes will you? Aw shucks! Cummon Slim! Howzabout it, huh? Don't kick a man when he's down, and all that. Can't yuh find it in yuh, Slim? Well, doggawn it! There's a mighty crowd of slobs in the saloon who are all gonna think your one hullava nice guy if you can only find it in yer heart ter concede that they can wear just an itzy bitzy ole bit of heel under them thar pants! Yeeeeee Hah! Cheerfully Yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I don't fit the "conditions" but I could still enjoy heels a bit couldn't I? It's not the public that stops me tho, it's my wife :D

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

All I have to say is "YA BABY!!!!"........especially when it is Hoverfly.

:D

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Hi guys, So, your wife does not approve of you wearing heels? I am sat here with my wife having a look throught the postings and it is the other way around for us, I am the one that will need some dutch courage to go out in heels, My wife is more worried for me and woried that I will be hurt by some body laughing at me, she is right, I am. however I take great comfort in chaps like Heelfan who we met up with recently, he has been doing it for years, and nobody takes a blind bit of notice. so....... oneday it might happen. My wife is cool with my intrest in shoes, boots and heels, that is her legs in the 5.5" on the left. lovely.

The angels have the phonebox.

similar here also. Although not a great heel lover herself my gf accepts my interest and lets me do as i please with it. She still cant see the big attraction, cos to her they are just shoes, in some styles that hurt her feet. my girlfriend reads the board with me, and is fine with me wearing the heels, and would be the first to stick up for me should anyone be sad enough to say something to me, so i wouldnt say that she would ever be a stopper in my path, rather my own confidencewhich is gradually growing thanks to the people ive spoke to and met via the board. daz

It is good to know that there are more than just blokes in heels on this forum, My Wife also reads the forums with me. It would be good to get her to meet up with another SO so that she knows that she is not alone. perhaps if your GF got to meet another "suffering SO" it might help her? anyway, you are miles away from moonraker land but the offer is there. Best wishes, oh, and did you manage to think of where you got the 2nd pair of boots in your picture from? I am really keen to get something like that ( perhaps without the platform though ) thanks anyway. As for your GF not understanding the atraction, take your wife around a mens section of a shoe shop and ask her what she would love to wear, then round the Ladies, that is the attraction, blokes shoes are dull and boring. Anyway I am sure you have done this already, but I will post it here incase it helps somebody else. Nigel.

The angels have the phonebox.

I'm in the same situation. My wife likes to see me in heels and agrees that they suit me but doesn't like the attention they get when we go out. But it's my daughter: Actually, she too is quite cool about it all but is worried that her "friends" would be quite negative about it.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Nigel, for building up more confidence in streetheeling, believe me, coming to a few Heel-Meets is the answer - ask Daz! You will see the Firefox's and Xaphod's of this world (and me!) calmly striding along amongst the public in bold heels in perfect safety. Very few people notice, and even those that do don't call a policeman or beat you up, or anything at all! We are in a day and age where, as my wife says "Anything goes" and people accept it, which is GREAT, isn't it? You quickly realise that "If they can all do it and things go fine, then why don't I?". Regarding your wife (who looks fantastic in that avatar, by the way!) hoping to meet other wives/girlfriends, there's Dr. Shoe's Ruth, Daz's Jade, Francis' Jaquie(?) and my wife for starters. I hope something can be arranged, because it is so much nicer (and sexier) if ones lady is aware and involved (even where is doesn't go beyond basic tolerance) than if they are kept in the dark and you feel like the terrified holder of some dreadful, disgraceful secret! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

This topic comes up so much! I think for an answer you shouldn't look to us. Look into your mirror and perhaps into your soul. Two questions: 1) Does it really mean THAT much to you to have all of us, who are on a HH Site give you our opinion OR are you looking for approval from the general public? 2) Say you DO finally go out in your 'heels . . . are YOU prepared for what you are going to encounter from the people on the street? It seems that this question in one form or another comes up so often. The answer lies within every guy who wants to wear 'heels in public. When you want to bad enough, you will. Until then it's just so much rhetoric. Please-it's not that I don't care or am insensitive to your plight. I do care. Via Con Dios, Amigo! Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

we all get what youre trying to say anita and we all know that well. We have it already in the soul and thats why the obsession lies within. i get that it would be difficult to imagine how we would feel, when you personally could accept it without a problem, and when you can do it everyday as a normal part of your life without thinking of riducule or feeling out of place because it is a female item. With regards to the streetheeling, we all WANT to do it, but when you have the feeling inside you that you will be laughed at our stand out a mile in the crowd, it does get to you a little. Rather like women who cant bear to be seen by a living soul til an hour of tidying themselves in the mirror in the morning. The topic comes up usually started by newer menbers (as i did at first) and is because of fears that some of the public will not approve and will reject us like we are some wierdo's when in fact we are just normal people with a different preference. But its the board that offers the encouragement and support from experience to help people break down the barrier, and overcome the nerves as it did me. At one point id have never dreamed of heeling in public as a man.

Yes Anita, I agree with Daz: Although the ultimate goal is street-heeling in public and with confidence, that confidence has to be gained first. These Forums have helped immeasurably in a) Reassuring shyguys that they are not the only heel-wearing guy in the universe and are therefore not that wierd after all, and B) That hundreds of other guys have braved the public arena and have lived to tell the tale, so why don't they have a go too. c) The Heel-Meets organised by the Forum members (mostly guys but a few girls and wives)help enormously in this respect, the less confident beginners joining in with the security of being with the veterans, and realisingf that the world is not going to cave in, and no one is going to rush for a policeman! So Anita, whilst you are right that the ultimate test is to do it in public, Daz is also right that this membership is a terrific self-support group to give the shyguys that much-needed initial encouragement and confidence. My profound felicitations to both of you! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Where should i start this topic has had quiet a reply and thanks to evry one who has replyed. I started wearing heels a whilst back well before i got married. I metioned it to my partner about my interest in heels and she at first was quiet suprised and shocked i think more then being agianst it. However she incourages me know and we even find our selves choosing high heels fo reach other. I think she come to accept it and she basically has said it is intirelly up to you if you feel comfertable then go why not...... As far far as wearing hels in public i wear them when driving, when going to the locall shops or to the park and she does not mind the attention at all.

Kay wrote:

she does not mind the attention at all.

When wearing heels to the park or shopping do you get a lot of attention?

And, do you wear any other articles of women's clothing along with your heels in public?

curious and (trying to gage the level of attention and why you get it, is all)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 3 months later...

I read these posts and say you have to go out and wear your shoes. Pick something manageable and comfortable, something you feel confident in. I have to agree with some other information posts on this board in that you should pick something with a 3" heel or less and be it black, tan, or dark blue is probably most passable. Then just use your smarts. Women are very good at judging areas and feeling the energies of a space and know when to leave by gut reactions. I tend to pick highly public areas in broad daylight for my shoe wearing. I dont go often into bars at night but will wear them to malls, the movies or restaurants with my GF. The things you do in life only make you stronger. It is a valuable lesson of the completeness I feel when I wear my shoes. Couple more things to remember (and by all means this isnt all inclusive): 1) dont look people in the eyes, it only invites comments, stares and so on. 2) keep walking with your head up (image of pride and that nothing is out of the ordinary for YOU) 3) keep to public areas and stay out of the sports bars where things could get a little hairy. Basically use your gut instincts. 4) Have fun with it and bring a supportive friend along. Yes, I get cackles and gaggles from people, but mostly it is from women. Men dont seem to give a hoot, reguardless of age. Women are typically the most expressive.

It doesn't bother me in the least that a guy would want to wear high heels. I agree with Lucy in that I think they would look better in the block heels, or the blade heels, but that's just a fashion thing for me. Each to their own! It's funny, I brought the subject up with my husband today. He's a fairly typical southern boy, went to the army out of high school, etc. Of course the first thing that came to his mind is the typical sterotype of crossdressers and such. I said no, hetero men who simply like to wear high heels. He gave me a puzzled look and said, "Why?" I replied with, "because they like them." He just shruged and agreed with me that it was no big deal if another man wanted to as it wasn't doing anyone harm. He didn't understand it, but didn't have a negative reaction either. Instead he had a rather neutral one. I hope that is encouragement to the guys out there. I agree, most are not even going to notice, and if they do, they are not going to care. JinxieKat

Yeah Jinxiekat, but what would his reaction be if he were at a bar with a group of other men? I bet it would be less neutral. :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Actually Bubba I doubt it would be any different, if he even noticed. Lets face it, the majority of guys do not pay that much attention to what another guy is wearing. Now a female, that's a different story, but even then most guys still don't have enough fashion sence to know if the shoes go with the outfit or can even say what they were, espically if the lady is well endowed! Hehe! He's a pretty mellow guy, unless you get 'in his face' about something he's not likely to comment on it. Even when he's drunk he's mellow, just more talkative. His brother has the same attitude and so doesn't my father. I could acually see my uncle in block heeled boots, he had a fashion sence that was not typical for a man, espically of his generation. I've noticed some folks comment on the sound the high heels make on a tiled floor. I heard that 'sound' the other day and looked around. It was a guy in a suit with normal dress shoes on. It struck me funny that it sounded the same. Something I never would have noticed prior to this board. Just some food for thought. JinxieKat

It's good to know that your husband is so even tempered. Takes a lot of worry out of a wife's life if she's aware he isn't going to get hurt over something as trivil as a guy chosing to expand his 'fashion horizons." As far as the sound of heels on tile floors goes, I've noticed the same thing, JinxieKat. Some men's shoes with hard leather heels sound identical to the sound high heels make. I'm somewhat disappointed when I turn around only to find some guy walking hard making that sound.

Well, although I'm 6'2" without heels, I definitely still like going out in them whenever the mood strikes me, and I make no bones about it. Check out this article from my website to see what I'm talking about:

http://shockqueen.web1000.com/features/sqcloset.html

Mainly I enjoy my thigh-high platform boots (5" chunky heel w/1.5" platform), and I have black-patent and white-patent in those. I think the white ones look great under my jeans, and the black ones look best under black pants/skirts.

I'm working on getting another pair here in a week or so:

http://www.dressed2play.com/rebo.html

which I'll proudly wear about as well. I may not fit the "mold" of the "appropriate heel wearer", but then again, as my name may suggest....I'm not really concerned about other people's opinions when I'm out and about. :roll:

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!