Guys wearing heels in public....Gals ...what do you say..?

kay

Well, that remark of yours certainly seems to have put the mockers on the whole debate, Emma! But ever-perceptive as you are Emma, as always you are right of course - it seems not to work! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Sorry about the delay..... It's a weird thing with the server my site is on....sometimes it will not work on non-US connections, so I'm looking for better space in the meantime. Sorry about that. I've worn every style I can get my hands on, from 4" pumps to 8" spike heeled sandals w/4" platforms. A lot of my friends when I lived in Denver said I was very brave/looked better in heels than they did (women said this)/was proud of how well I could walk or balance in them. Not very often did I get any negative reactions, if at all.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

It's certainly refreshing to know women can, for the most part be so refreshingly openminded about men who wear high heels in public. As most of you know from other posts on the men's portion of this board, I've been wearing heels (primarily pumps) in public at the office complex where I work for quite some time, and the women there uniformally compliment me by saying I look good in heels and that I have great taste in shoes. The few males at the facility have never said a word to me about my shoes, but that's no big deal. I'm glad women aren't narrow minded about this sort of thing.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hey JeffB, some women aren't nearly as open minded as you might believe. Some are down right nasty about seeing a man in high heels. And, some have even left their husband because of his wearing her shoes.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Well, like I said, for the most part. I know acceptance by women isn't a universal occurance. I guess I'm just lucky.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

yes jeff you are lucky. lol bubba i downright agree with you on that. We only have to use the elle forums that we posted on, and all the nasty comments there as a direct example. my gf is ok, and most on this board accept it as well as the other halfes of members here. Thing on a board such as this, its hard to tell if the girls just agree cos of the number of men who post here, or if they are generally in favour of it.

I congratulate the girls on this board that are on the men's side and don't mind the fellows wearing high heels in public. We need more of the women of the world to be as open-minded as the gals are here. My wife, (Mickey68), has just joined the board and adds her open-mindedness as one more woman who is with the idea that men can wear high heels in public. We do it together in public all the time. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Absolutely! However, if more men started to wear heels and it became more universal then we would see more women accepting us.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

its hard to encourage men who arent already halfway there wanting to. Most will say im not wearing womens shoes. Ive said before if it was marketed differently it might work. At the minute theyre marketed as to how well they go with a female bag or outfit etc. If they were marketed as items to make you feel confident, taller and make your mark with your sound, then people might look at it in a different way. Im sure lots of short men would like to feel taller and more confident. daz

Daz:-) What you say about marketing may ring with some truth, but it is up to the guys like us on this forum to show marketing that there is another route to profits in an untouched group of fellows interested in wearing high heels for various reasons. The fellows here are definitely buying women's shoes mainly because of the heel height. I know that there are other reasons also, but if marketing would push men's shoes with a high heel, they would buy them also. I know it would not make any difference to me which gender the shoes were made for as if they appealed to me in fit, comfort, style, and availability in a large range of sizes, I would be buying them. And that goes for the boot line also. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!