Have You Found Yourself Buying More Shoes Out Of Fear Of Missing The Chance?

mtnsofheels

Recently on a couple of occasions I have found my self buying more shoes/boots out fear of missing that style or having them sold out and not getting them. Have you found yourself in that situation? Reading the thread about wedge heel sneakers a comment was made about buying them before that style is gone, so I went and got another pair with that in mind. Then last week I had been looking at pair of sandals, I went by the store only find out they were a spring edition and will not be made again, in a somewhat of a panic state I asked if there was any in my size? reply only 1 left, well I was down to their other store in a heartbeat and bought them on the spot! I walked away feeling like I had been successful in avoiding the a" lunch box letdown" (you missed the chance to buy them and forever regretted it). As there are so many styles and chances to find those perfect shoes/boots and life gets in the way of figuring out if, when and do I need them, and bang they are gone. So to avoid the shopping despair I have gone out my way to make sure I can find my likes. It has blown my budget and theory of shopping with a conservative mind for $ and space. I find I look at shoe and boot pictures in Pinterest and say what have I been missing? When were those available? Do you find yourself in the same situation? I know for some it is not an issue but for others being on a budget and space concerns, how do you manage that feeling? Do you find as your interest and comfort in heeling gets better that finding those styles before they are gone is on your mind? How do you feel about missing out footwear styles that have been discontinued that you drooled over? sigh, so many to find wear and so little time......

Recently on a couple of occasions I have found my self buying more shoes/boots out fear of missing that style or having them sold out and not getting them. Have you found yourself in that situation?

All the time, especially with my sneakers.

Reading the thread about wedge heel sneakers a comment was made about buying them before that style is gone, so I went and got another pair with that in mind.

I have 3 pair of NineWest ' pinktop ' wedge suede booties specifically due to the fact that I dont think they will be ' coming back ' in the near future. A decent pair of stylish footware without a jackstand involved? In fact, ANYTHING without jackstands is tough to find these days.

Then last week I had been looking at pair of sandals, I went by the store only find out they were a spring edition and will not be made again, in a somewhat of a panic state I asked if there was any in my size? reply only 1 left, well I was down to their other store in a heartbeat and bought them on the spot! I walked away feeling like I had been successful in avoiding the a" lunch box letdown" (you missed the chance to buy them and forever regretted it).

As there are so many styles and chances to find those perfect shoes/boots and life gets in the way of figuring out if, when and do I need them, and bang they are gone. So to avoid the shopping despair I have gone out my way to make sure I can find my likes. It has blown my budget and theory of shopping with a conservative mind for $ and space.

I find I look at shoe and boot pictures in Pinterest and say what have I been missing? When were those available?

Do you find yourself in the same situation?

I came into liking heels 20 years past the time of the ones I really like. Finding the ones I like are hard to do and its rare to find a pair in good shape.

I know for some it is not an issue but for others being on a budget and space concerns, how do you manage that feeling?

Do you find as your interest and comfort in heeling gets better that finding those styles before they are gone is on your mind?

Yes.

How do you feel about missing out footwear styles that have been discontinued that you drooled over?

Absolutely F-ing sucks.

-Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I tend to do this as well... being a size 13, its already hard enough to find shoes I like in my size!!! The competition is fierce out there, so I have to get what I like as soon as I see it. If I wait, I won't see them again!! Finding anything in a size 12 or 13 that isn't a ballet flat is also a rarity! Long story short, yes, I grab shoes immediately!

Lots of times I've seen shoes that appeal to me, only to find out they were a previous season's and I ask myself how did I miss those? I search for them on Amazon, Ebay, Sierra Trading Post and other places, and never find them in my size (12 usually). Ugh! Steve

I have a habit of doing so especially with having bigger feet I always feel like the odds of having certain color or style of platforms are harder to come by. I always feel it would be my last chance to get these shoes.

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

I used to miss out on shoes like that usually because I couldn't afford the full price so I'd have to take a chance to wait and see if I could get them in the sales. I guess that was easier for me to do as a size UK7 which is reasonably mainstream. I've had a couple of near misses when I've run around visiting 6 or 7 branches to track down a pair of shoes I've wanted, most memorably my pink slingbacks and my avatar boots, in both cases not in the sales but because I only discovered them quite late in the season. post-12051-0-27117100-1368299003_thumb.jpost-12051-0-37930900-1368299029_thumb.j Gone are the days of pining over a beautiful pair of shoes before buying them. These days I'm more cynical that the retailers deliberately create this "here today, gone tomorrow" feeling by running very low stock levels they can sell at full price, because that's more profitable than running high stock levels which they have to clear out on discount. If I see a pair of shoes I like at a price I like (and I try them on and they fit well) then I'll buy them, otherwise I'll walk away and it's the retailers loss not mine. Sometimes it happens because I don't want to buy my second choice because I'm holding out that I'll find my first choice - often I end up with neither but occasionally I (and the retailer) will get lucky and I'll buy both.

If you like it, wear it.

Based on the title, did not read all your post, yes very much. That's also why I will but multiple pairs of the same thing. When I find something That I can wear out I have to take advantage of it.

I have double purchased a few times in the past when I find a pair I really like at a good price, as I have been stung so many times when the manufacturer decides that shoe is no longer in style (or perhaps they are not selling as many as they wanted), and it disappears from the stores before I can grab it.

That is the one downside with women's fashions, they come and go so quickly and it is always like a randomly moving target. Men's fashion, not so much. :P

These days I'm more cynical that the retailers deliberately create this "here today, gone tomorrow" feeling by running very low stock levels they can sell at full price, because that's more profitable than running high stock levels which they have to clear out on discount.

As I think more about it, your theory does make a lot of sense and is most likely exactly what they are doing.

Even now, I'm debating whether I should PayPal it and "Bill Me Later", or to just wait until the first paycheck swings in. Other than that, I've bought and regretted the buy (because I was young), took it back only to regret that. By then, they disappeared. Nowadays, like now, I have to think about which will give in first: me (from buying or the patience to wait & buy) or the shoe retailer (to put on Sale or discontinue/rid of "old" stock faster). It's truly a love/hate relationship we have.

Formally "HHDude"

That is a big area of this kind of marketing too, I agree Al.

Yes. Also with camera gear that I feel is of use.

Al

Online bookings of Hotels, they promote that blatantly which rubs me the wrong way.

But shoes and boots these things we love to purchase and I fall into the mindset.

They got us here!