Spring Cleaning/projects.

Now that most of the in-laws houses are fixed ( and I have put a dent in my mother-in-laws shoe cache :D ), I have time to do the ' Winter is over ' type of projects and begin great adventures. This Spring, I plan on working on my ' toy ' vehicle and making a few parts for it. I also plan on taking walks out on Lake Erie to get some tone back on my skinny ass :P along with getting the garden setup. What does everyone have planned? -Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Almost time to break ground on tilling my vegetable garden. Potatoes, corn, bean and squash will be in the main garden. Will also be starting a melon patch this year with cantaloupe. At the same time my indoor hydroponic systems will continue producing food.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I also plan on taking walks out on Lake Erie to get some tone back on my skinny ass :P

-Ilk

That sounds a little messianic. Is there something you're not telling us? Beware of anyone who kisses you in the garden this week.

I used to have an allotment, but it got too much for me when my children left. I think I'll get some pots and bags to grow spinach, salad, beans and potatoes. Not yetawhile though. It's still firmly winter here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping to finish painting parts of my house. One of those things I started when I moved in about 5 years ago. Previous owner was very colorful (colorblind?) and had tons of art hanging from the walls. My living room is riddled with holes where she ripped out the drywall anchors, which have been covered with spackling since the first year I lived there. The plum colored wall in the dining room kind of clashes with the canary yellow with white spots. I'd also like to do something about the pistachio green master bath with the cracked floor tiles, but one thing at a time. I've also been itching to build a tube guitar amp, something some friends have been urging me to try. Not from a kit mind you, but actually designing one. Maybe a modest combo amp, about 10 watts, push pull 6V6 output tubes, two stage 12AX7 preamp, 12AT7 phase inverter, built into a varnished wood case with a 10" speaker. Already got the beginnings of a preamp going on my workbench :rocker: .

Don't even get me started on tubes Dave or you won't hear the end of it. I'm currently restoring a Realistic Stereo 30 amp with EL84 push pull output. My next project is a stereo 2A3 SET with One Electron output transformers..

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Spring means lots of leaves, lots of trying to get the garage better setup so I can finish the house. Now if I could stay in town, and work just 40 hours a week - - - - Oh never mind. That ain't happening.

Wow 2x6v6's now they do bring back memories from the middle to late 60's I used to love valve theory and can still remember a lot of it. My first radio home built 6v6 6x7 6q7 5x4 can't remember the last one. Just reading the computer thread and it came to me 6k8. as for spring cleaning I am in the middle of pressure washing all my block work paving there is lots of it and it takes ages using a very fine high pressure nozzle, and I'am sure my better half will find lots of other things for me to do.

life is not a rehearsal

Hoping to finish painting parts of my house. One of those things I started when I moved in about 5 years ago. Previous owner was very colorful (colorblind?) and had tons of art hanging from the walls. My living room is riddled with holes where she ripped out the drywall anchors, which have been covered with spackling since the first year I lived there. The plum colored wall in the dining room kind of clashes with the canary yellow with white spots. I'd also like to do something about the pistachio green master bath with the cracked floor tiles, but one thing at a time.

I've also been itching to build a tube guitar amp, something some friends have been urging me to try. Not from a kit mind you, but actually designing one. Maybe a modest combo amp, about 10 watts, push pull 6V6 output tubes, two stage 12AX7 preamp, 12AT7 phase inverter, built into a varnished wood case with a 10" speaker. Already got the beginnings of a preamp going on my workbench :rocker: .

If you are going to go "era" with the output tubes, you need 6SL7's for the preamp and phase inverter or you could go transformer coupled with some Williamson transformers.

The greenhouses.. 4 are for sales of plants and 2 are used ' for the family '. I havent really done a lot of produce shopping in a while. They are 42x100 feet each.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Gosh, that's big. My allotment was 5 rods, which is 25x5 yards.I had to give it up when my children left because it became too much for me on my own. I was only allowed a 6'x8' greenhouse, so just tomatoes really. I the ground I grew mostly potatoes , beans, chard and beetroot. I can grow them in bags now. You must work hard.

First spring tilling of my garden is done. Getting set up to get my potatoes (Kennebec {native}, Red Pontiac and Russian fingerlings) started in tire stacks. Will do a second tilling to destroy garden weeds before I plant my three sisters garden (Honey and cream sweet corn, Kentucky wonder pole beans and spaghetti squash). Also plan to take a second stab at growing cantaloupes this year after learning from my mistakes last year. I don't grow much greenery outdoors as my indoor hydroponic systems excel at this type of food production.

• 2 weeks later...

Well spring is just rolling in here, we may have snow tonight but hopefully not. Clean yard, firewood is just done, taxes.....in next 2 days, then maybe some house projects like railing on deck, painting and other honey do projects. Driving the car!......that will be fun.