A Wooden Foundation

trickrider1

I'd enjoy hearing from any other guys out there who particularly like their "altitude increasing footwear" to be constructed of a sturdy wood foundation. In other words, anyone else out there besides me find particular enjoyment in wearing tall wood soled platforms, sandals, clogs, etc. I like the chunkier, somewhat more masculine look of these kind of shoes.

I'd enjoy hearing from any other guys out there who particularly like their "altitude increasing footwear" to be constructed of a sturdy wood foundation. In other words, anyone else out there besides me find particular enjoyment in wearing tall wood soled platforms, sandals, clogs, etc. I like the chunkier, somewhat more masculine look of these kind of shoes.

Welcome to HHP. I for one also like to wear a more sturdier heel on shoes, sandals and boots.

I do like stilettos too, but like a more sturdier heel to wear. I am most comfortable in a 3-4" heel and do like platform heels and wedge heels too.

There is a wealth of information on this site from men that enjoy wearing heels. Again, welcome to HHP.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I like wooden soled shoes too. I have a pair of boots and a pair of mules with wooden soles and also a couple of pairs of scholl sandals with wooden soles

trickrider1, Yes, I do like wooden-soled heels. I have a few but my favorite are a pair of 6" wooden heel sandals I have with a denim vamp and denim straps that wrap up the ankle to the calf. They were made by "Kiss and Tell" of California. I have worn them in public about three times shopping in the summer with bootcut jeans. I probably should have tried them with skinny jeans! I also vividly remember wooden heels in the 1970's. HappyinHeels

I like some wooden-heeled shoes, the slightly chunkier styles but not too chunky. I especially like high-heeled mules, I have one pair of closed-toe clog type mules, and one pair of open-toed sandals that look great with jeans.

If you like it, wear it.

I just counted, and I own 7 pairs of shoes (out of 25) that have a wooden or faux-wooden sole and heel, and they are the style I wear the most frequently. So yes, I guess I do like this style. As it turns out, all of them have approximately the same style of heel--4 1/2 to 5" tall, and tapering down to about a 3/4" heel tip. Also, all of my wooden heels are clogs/mules. I guess I know what I like! I'm not too fond of the monster thick wooden heels of the 70s, as they are too clunky for my taste. Pictured here are my favorite pair of shoes for everyday casual wear, and I do wear them almost every day. In fact, I bought another identical pair to replace them when this pair wears out. They are made in the USA by Sbicca, the model is Hutton.

post-19325-0-94918800-1362291332_thumb.j

My first clogs were wood sole Olaf Daughters that my wife bought for me from Lane Bryant, I think, along with a pair of black Valley Lane flats. That was back in the late 1970s and I still have and wear both pairs. The clogs are a little short and a little wide for me, but are ok for a short time. I wouldn't want to spend all day in them. I like wood, though. I used to have a pair of Scholl's sandals with blue leather strap, and a pair with a brown strap. I wore those all over the place with shorts and jeans, and never got so much as an iDrop. I don't have them anymore though. I gave them away. I should have kept them.

I have a couple of pairs of clogs and 1 pair of heeled boots which are made from a wood platform which I do love. They are awesome to walk in very comfy too. Here is a link to my boots, they make many more too. http://www.shoesusa.com/Products/Nanette-Boot__NANETTE255.aspx When I bought mine they were in a 5.5 inch heel now only in a 4", Shoes USA make excellent shoes and boots, I have 4 pairs now and more on horizon. Plus custom sizes as well. Cheers!