Enough Shoes For A While.

Curt

Im not out looking, but if Im out and about and actually see something I like.. the urge sometimes overpowers the will to resist. It will have to be something very striking or something that I REALLY like ( which isnt much by todays standards ).

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

When I was out, I saw a few pairs of louboutin platform pumps and boots. I was going to try them on but they were $1200, and I didn't want to lead the saleswoman on and lose commission. She was very nice and talked to me about heels for 20 minutes. I was asking her about jeffrey campbell heels, she told me where to get them. One more thing, I told her online I saw some louboutin mens high heel boots, but I told her they weren't cool like the womens heels. She agreed totally she didn't say one thing at all about me being male or my love for womens clothes. Then again I can play the feminine role very good. Its so nice to shop with so much selection. I'm going to save up for some louboutins, ill try to one-up the sex and the city girls, or be one of them.

A guy can never have too many shoes!

Steve

I couldn't agree more! HA! When I shop for shoes these days, I think about how well something I'm interested in would look with a skirt as I don't buy shoes so I could hide them under long pants or jeans. To me, that makes no sense whatsoever.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I don't hide the heels per ce, I just want my legs to look superlong! I've also got quite a few pairs of pants where I show the whole heel. Just to show people what the designer created.

Anyone have no desire to buy more shoes?

Count me in. I still have two on my wish list though:

Posted Image

I tried to get the left one (MIchael Kors), but it seems that it was produced for some outlet stores only (Neiman Marcus). I phoned about 10 boutiques worldwide, none had them in stock or even heard of them (sent the picture via email). So the left pair is a pair I will never get unfortunately.

The right ones are from AF Vandevorst; I already got the same type in black and "cognac" color, but would like to have a nice pair of dark brown boots that I can wear with a skirt. I would prefer ones with less heel (when combined with a skirt), but that's the pair I liked most so far. Sold out in Q4, but they produce this type every year.

After that - no more shoes, thank you. I store my shoes in their original box, and my basement is already stuffed with these boxes. I did the "more fitted suits and coats" thing at the same time while shopping for heels, so I can only say: been there, done that.

In fact, one of my new year's resolutions for 2013 was to spend less money on clothing and save money to buy a house within the next 5-10 years. This apartment has become too small, and I don't want to move to a different one - I'd rather buy a house instead. We are on an anonymous internet forum, so I can be completely honest: I am not very good with money. I earn a lot, and as quickly as I earn it, it's gone. If you know the movie "Confessions of a Shopaholic" - that's me, just the male version (with a major difference: I don't have any debt). I've got so many clothes that I bought things where I later discovered I already had in a similar or even the same style already. People tell me that I should "sort out" the old stuff, but I've got nothing older than 3 years in my closet (well... 90% of it. The other stuff I still wear though)

I've got the latest gadgets, photo equipment, nice watches and the like, but saving money has never been a top priority.

Right after I finished university, I had put together a "wish list" of items I wanted to buy at some point. For me, it seems that I've reached the point where this list is nearly empty - only VERY big ticket items left. An Aston Martin DB9 and my own house.

One other thing I learned in the last few years: I've always been quite materialistic, thinking I could gain happiness from posessing things. I worked hard, still do, management position. This weekend, I just went grocery shopping, the rest was spend working for the company.

The truth is: Money/things doesn't make one happy. I am still single and very lonely some times, and when I see people who might not be able to buy a single pair of the shoes I own, but are in a loving relationship, I would swap my life with their's instantaneously.

Oh well... off the soap box.

I couldn't agree more! HA! When I shop for shoes these days, I think about how well something I'm interested in would look with a skirt as I don't buy shoes so I could hide them under long pants or jeans. To me, that makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm in total agreement with you, JeffB. I don't buy heels (shoes or boots) to be hidden by long jeans. I want them to be seen too!

And yes Steve, " a guy can't have too many shoes".

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I've done a fair bit of browsing but I've not really seen anything appealing lately. Even if I did, I'm kind of running out of space to store more shoes, so having to let go of an old pair to make room for a new pair means I really have to like the new pair a lot. I'm not sure if this reduced desire for new shoes is because I feel so comfortable wearing my heels out and about now that they're just another fashion choice, or if it's just because the shoe designs are going through a lull and the passion will return when the exciting heels reappear.

If you like it, wear it.

Sleekheels, I went through a drought period of a few months like that. Nothing I saw appealed to me, but it wasn't for lack of trying. Then all of the sudden, there was a pair of sandals, and another, some clogs, a pair of boots...all at once. Things don't go smoothly, they come in bunches. You just have to accept that and when things are dull, take comfort that brighter days are ahead. Steve

Sleekheels,

I went through a drought period of a few months like that. Nothing I saw appealed to me, but it wasn't for lack of trying. Then all of the sudden, there was a pair of sandals, and another, some clogs, a pair of boots...all at once. Things don't go smoothly, they come in bunches. You just have to accept that and when things are dull, take comfort that brighter days are ahead.

Steve

Steve, its cool you like the sandals! Most people are into the pumps and boots. The platform boots are my favorite!