Social Experient...

P08C

As the younger son in a family business, but with 22yrs in I'd personally be amused about someone applying and wearing heels. While I'd want to chat about it after I would make sure to comment that most sitez/customers are not accepting, and while some hidden heel wedges might slip past people he may not get to wear heels while on the job, since, well, I cannot.

Outside of the interview I'd love to get to know them better and find out their heeling history.

Yes, Jim, I agree, that's a fine line. As the former owner/partner of a used car dealership in a small town, I always struggled with some sort of balance about what to wear on my feet. 90% of the time, I chose rather low-heeled clogs which would not attract too much attention, and which would also allow me to do some light work in the shop if necessary. I had my Red Wing work boots for the heavier work.

However, one Saturday, it was my turn to show up by myself (we used to take turns on who had to show up on Saturdays). I decided to wear nicer clothes than I would normally wear, as I didn't have any work to do in the shop, and since we didn't have anything listed on Craigslist at that time, I really didn't expect any customers. I was just there to do paperwork. So I wore some higher heels. Nothing too outrageous, just some clogs with a 3.5" obviously separate and distinct heel. Wouldn't you know it, a customer showed up unexpectedly because the taillight assembly we had sold her to repair her crunched-up quarter panel refused to work properly.

So there I was, standing in front of the shop, on the main drag in town, for 45 minutes, messing with this thing. In heels. It turns out that the problem was a slight internal design change between 2001 and 2002 model years. After rigging it up so that it would work, the customer left happy, and never mentioned a thing about my heels. I'm not sure she noticed. But I always wondered if some of those small town folks ever wondered about that strange little guy who always wore those funny clogs. I'm pretty sure it didn't affect the business at all, but you never know. You do have to be careful, don't you?

You could probably apply for a job in the cosmetics department at shoppers drug mart( in canada). I go there all the time in various HEELS and womens clothes! I think heels are required to work there. I would love to have a job there. I picked up some designer foundation, a foundation brush and some nice womens perfume. The girl put some makeup on my face and said I look pretty then corrected herself. I told her, no need to apologize, am pretty much a girl anyway. She said I smelled really nice. I told her I wear Dior Midnight Poison. Asked her for a sample of ysl elle. She liked it so much on me, she sprayed some on herself. I'm rambling on, being a makeup artist or a hair stylish would be a dream glamour job. Clarissa.

Ya! That would be cool! I think my style is too funky for that show. I promise ill post some pics of the stuff I put together. Its not just clothes, its shoes, makeup and glamour. You'll like it!