New Year

All, 2012 wasn't bad for me at all. A fair bit of travelling, a great family trip to San Francisco in May, two trips to my wife's family in Mexico, and a trip to Paris in December. A promotion at work and a project completed at our 40-acre land in northern Wisconsin made this year one to fondly remember. What 2012 brings can only be a guess but optimism is certainly a good remedy as any new year gets started. Some ten years ago I asked my father's oldest brother what one thing was his best advice for a long life. The then 94-year-old Quebec farmer told me "I wake up and see I'm still breathing and then know everything else that day will be easy." Could be that family label wine they have made for 70 years, or the maple syrup, or those family-made cigars (yes tobacco is grown well north of the Carolinas). I think it's all in that Mediterranean outlook on life. The inherent nature of our hobby would nearly demand that we all be more optimistic people lest we slip into the malaise of self-doubt and pity and we can't have that. To all a Happy New Year. Heurese Annee Nouvelle a tous, Feliz 2013 a Todos. HappyinHeels

Here in the uk we already have skynet, just down the road fron me near Alton. It's used for tracking things in outer space came across it by accident, It's loads of very large dishes hidden in a deep valley well it says skynet on the main gate.

life is not a rehearsal