Received A Compliment Yesterday

AZShoeNut

Yesterday I wore my tall black suede wedges by Brash from Payless along with my jeans and a solid charcole colored tee-shirt to coffee before work. There was an attractive young gal in her early twenties in front of me in line. We stood there for three or four minutes. When she got her coffee she turned around and said with a smile, "I really like your shoes." I told her, "Thank you," and she walked out. It really made my day. Best, AZShoeNut

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

AZShoeNut, Its' always nice to get a compliment on our heels, especially if it comes from a woman. Tonight, while checking out at the supermarket the clerk (who sees me in heels often) complimented me on my 3" heeled black booties I was wearing. She said that they looked nice with my jeans that I was wearing. A very nice compliment. That makes our day to get a compliment from a woman to a man wearing heels. Keep on heeling! Happy Heeling, bluejay

Hi all, Yes, it is nice to receive compliments. Over the years I have received more compliments (from BOTH men and women) than negative reaction. The latest compliment was from a guy (I've written about this elsewhere) who saw my heels, said he really liked them and then told his wife (he was on the phone with her) that he was talking to a guy that was wearing a "really cool" pair of high heels. I don't go seeking compliments or attention, I just enjoy wearing heels - it's fun!! Too bad I don't see more guys out in heels. Take care, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Thanks, guys. I think you're right. Girls (and some guys) who dig heels like seeing a nice pair out and about whether on a man or a woman. It is great when one with an open mind is willing to compliment a guy who is wearing them. I am still uplifted by Tuesday's compliment. Best, AZShoeNut

AZ, One of the first times I was complimented was years ago when I first started heeling. I was wearing a pair of ankle wrap thongs with a slender 2 inch heel and walking into a mall to do some shopping. As a "newbie" I was very nervous. I got out of my car and started walking to the entrance. I had not walked 200 feet when I was passed by a car with a man and lady inside. The lady driver glanced at me, passed me by, then came to a stop and backed up to where I was. I was getting concerned about what may be going to happen. The lady looked at me and said, "Those are beautiful shoes." We then began a very pleasant conversation about my sandals, she asking where I got them - she wanted a pair - were they comfortable, etc. As she complemented me on my shoes the guy next to her was even nodding his head up and down in approval. I told her that it probably looks strange to see a guy in heels and she said "nonsense" that she thought it was "great" or some similar comment. She drove off, and I was on cloud nine. I continued into the mall and did my shopping as I would normally. The lady's comments were very encouraging and reinforcing. In fact, I wore the heels the rest of the day and it was great. When I got home I couldn't wait to tell my wife, she was glad the I got the compliment as well. As you stated, compliments can be very uplifting as shown by our experiences... Take care, sf P.S. I would like to meet that lady again and thank her!!!!

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Thanks fior sharing that experience, SF. It is amazing just how cool that experience is. I think that one reason I find it so cool is because I would overhear gals compliment each other's shoes and talk about their fit, what it is like to walk in them, or where they got them. I have so wanted to jump in and participate in those conversations. I think that receiving a compliment is a taste of that experience. Best, AZShoeNut

I got nice compliments just the other evening. We went out to supper with our neighbors, K & C who live next door. We hadn't seen them in a while so it was good to get together. We just walked to a local pub about a block away (small town) and since C is passionate about shoes and knows I am, too, she noticed my hh booties said she really liked them. I was wearing black Aerosoles "Besotted" booties - google them. They have a 3.5" heel, I think, and they were pretty thin heels for me. I'm used to thicker ones. But she loved them and told me so, and during the course of the evening repeated herself a couple more times! It was great to hear compliments from her, and I'm glad my wife heard them too. Steve

At my brothers condo, the security guard commented on my heels. She said, I saw you the other day in here with heels on! I said, that's every day. She probably loved looking at my heels. She is always reading fashion magazines.

I can't make any advances on her! She is married with three kids. She probably has a passion for heels. I have a passion for heels. Only one brand though, Fluevogs! They have a funky 70s vibe to them with a bit of a slutty side to them. Steve, what do you think of fluevogs? Would you wear them?

I have seen some styles that I would wear, but the prices are generally higher than I care to spend on shoes. I know they're excellent quality, though, so I'm sure they're worth it. I'm always looking, but I don't own any yet. I did come close to getting a pair on Ebay once, but I didn't bid. Steve