White Stilettos Back In Fashion In Britain

Womer_uk

It is not like I have any prejudice against white stelettos it is more like the three Negro mothers to be in the beauty parlor with the first one saying my baby is gonna be a boy so he can grow up to be a lumber jack like his father. The second ladie says my baby is gonna be a girl so she can help her mother in the kitchen cookin for all her brothers. And what your baby gonna be, don't care one bit as long as he is black cause white is too hard to keep clean.

I grew up at a time when white shoes were the standard fare for summer. Many of my classmates in junior high had white as their first heels for photo day. They always looked so eye catching. When I purchased my first pair of "hi heeled" pumps from the Alden catalog in 1970 - they were 2 7/8 inch white pumps in the seldom seen size 11B. White was always my favorite. I sure hope to see it again as a standard.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Sounds like most of those who posted in The Guardian live as they are told. Any color can be disliked for whatever reason somebody might come to think. However, from being the individual I am, they have no control over what my perspectives and objectives are or will be. I dislike a lot of heels for looking like they're supporting the back of the shoe, instead of appearing to support the heel of the foot. I also prefer pointed toes and not the elongated pointy toes. Never-the-less, I have a some of those designed flaws in my collection of footwear anyway to be able to have more choices according to the mood of the moment. Now white fabric stilettos may have a problem with keeping a clean look, so white patents would probably be a better alternative if keeping a clean look is a major concern. Condemning the color of white from ones choice only limits their options to be creative.

White stilettos were a firm favourite in the 1959-65 period and seen again, less commonly, in the mid-90s. To my mind, they always looked smart, especially when worn with a summer dress. But only if they were kept clean and without the pointed toes being crinkled! I look forward to their return; what a pity that they carry such a stigma with so many women.

However, the picture in the Guardian article does not do the white stiletto justice - it is white satin and has a platform: the traditional shoe is white leather and single sole, with at least a semi-pointed toe and some cleavage showing.

A better article here, with some more balanced comments: http://www.dailymail...ng-fashion.html

I happen to like white stilettos. I think the first set of heels that I ever really paid attention to were a pair of 80's ' wild pair ' with the gold metal heel on them.. Some chick at a gig I was playing was wearing them and they caught my attention..

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

• 3 weeks later...

Outside the UK, the association of white stilettos with the typical 'Essex girl' may not be well known. Here is an amusing video parodying the familiar Virgin Atlantic ad and featuring Essex girls in their spiritual home of Basildon:

(By the way, has anyone EVER seen a Virgin Atlantic stewardess in real life wearing any shoes remotely like the high red stilettos they wear in the ad?)