One Shoe With Multiple Heels

jdmonto

I`m sure this idea has been discussed on this forum, but its the first real implementation i`ve seen

The viedo is in spanish, but its quite clear i think, they have 30 shoe models with 120 heels, the cost is 250 euros (im not doing promotion, by the way, i just quote the numbers since i`m sure most people here don`t understand spanish)

http://co.noticias.y...-162007769.html

I despair, I really do. If the heels can be taken off so easily then they can come off when the wearer is walking in them - with disasterous consequences. Heels are secured by six nails or four screws for very good reason!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I like the idea, the heels are wisely all the same height so the angles are correct for the center and vamp no matter which heel you use. The assembly with the tree-panned grooves is very stong, maybe even stronger than the pins and nails mentioned above. The release button is inside the sole just forward of the foot's heel, meaning it should be out of the way enough to not be uncomrftable when wearing and likely wont just release. Only real issue I see mechanically is dirt and grime. Water will likely penetrate the inside of the shoe from the bottom up as there a hole needed for the mechanism, so don't step in a puddle.

The heel slides in place with a dovetail and from what I could see they were not all the same height as it did look like the chunky heel was maybe a half inch shorter. Without much dificulty a shoe body could accept a range of heels that were all close but not exact. The beaner did sort of spoil the thing but there was some proper einglish and I could understand the french girl. Actually I do remember a subject here on the idea of changable heels and I think they were threaded.

Hmm! I will say it's rather curious, but I don't know if I would wear shoes like that. Even if the heels are properly secured, I would always worry that something might go wrong.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

They had them on good morning america last week also I think they said that the price was about 125.00 and for 2-3 different heel hights might not be a bad buy for some. but I still like my heels.

You have to push a button on the inside of the shoe to unlock the heel. Looks like a stable and secure solution.

Until it wears out or fails...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.