Wearing Heels Makes Your Feet Look Smaller.

Curt

Well, this is just my opinion, but I think that depends on the style of shoe and it's size. In my case, I wear a women's size 13, and believe me, there's no way gunboats that large can make one's feet look smaller.

Edited by JeffB

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

There is a lot of truth in this. I can remember trying on my mum's heels at the age of about 11 or so when my feet were smaller than her's and being amazed that I could get into those boots with space to spare.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I think that squeezing into a pair of heels that are too small can make your feet look bigger whereas going up a size (and using inserts if necessary) can make your feet look smaller simply because they don't look so crammed in.

If you like it, wear it.

What I've noticed with the platform trend over the last few years now - seems to me with a platform greater than 1", add that with a steeper heel height, it tends to make the length of the foot (footprint) smaller. If that is part of the allure of the platform, to visually make the foot length look shorter, then that is a successful illusion. Personally, since I have a smaller (and a little wider) foot already, I prefer to wear heels that give more length to my foot. This is why I favor the single-sole heel (no platform), along with the classic pump lines. This goes the same with open toe/peep toe/strappy sandal styles.

Yes, higher heels make your feet look smaller, especially if you are wearing jeans over your boots. I wear women's size 11 but wish my feet were bigger so they would look freakisly small while wearing boots under my levis...

I know with my size 14-15 heels, my feet definitely look smaller, especially with 4" heels and rounded toes. I've been told by many female friends that my feet look smaller in my boots and some platforms, and I love it!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!