Nude Shoes

Jkrenzer

There is a topic in the women's forum about nude shoes (sorry ladies but this one needs to be expanded). The question is: nude shoes, here to stay? Sadly, I think the answer is yes. Might as well wear flip flops. We all love feet in this group. Heels in general accent them so there is no doubt. But, I for one think that the most attractive clothing, shoes or otherwise, leave a little question or wonder. Nude is almost never better than almost nude, as it lets the observer fill in the blanks which is usually better than reality. Any solid color with a touch of exposure wether it be open toes, low cut vamps (the best in my personal opinion), low sides, etc are almost always sexier than the bare foot. Last time I went to a nude beach was just that, the last time.

post-1756-0-02972600-1341375772_thumb.jp

There is a topic in the women's forum about nude shoes (sorry ladies but this one needs to be expanded). The question is: nude shoes, here to stay?

Sadly, I think the answer is yes. Might as well wear flip flops.

We all love feet in this group. Heels in general accent them so there is no doubt.

But, I for one think that the most attractive clothing, shoes or otherwise, leave a little question or wonder. Nude is almost never better than almost nude, as it lets the observer fill in the blanks which is usually better than reality. Any solid color with a touch of exposure wether it be open toes, low cut vamps (the best in my personal opinion), low sides, etc are almost always sexier than the bare foot.

Last time I went to a nude beach was just that, the last time.

Sorry but the pictures you've posted are not nude shoes, but transparent shoes. Nude look like this:Posted Image

Crownprinsess Mary of Denmark wears nude shoes A LOT and I think it looks great.

Posted Image

I think the fashion industry is perhaps being somewhat racially insensitive using the term "nude" as it's biased towards people with that colour of skin. I recently bought a pair whose colour was described as "oatmeal" which is quite independent of skin colour and I prefer that. I like the look both with similar-coloured skin and as a contrast with darker skin too. Why not here to stay, it's just another colour.

If you like it, wear it.

I dont own any ' nude ' or ' natural ' colored shoes as they are called. As Sleekheels pointed out, the term ' nude ' doesnt fit for all of us. I'm one of those 50/50 types and which side of ' nude ' are they trying to describe? Maybe they meant after they shaved the cow so it was without hair and was ' nude ', thats the color the skin/leather was? :D

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

The colour does seem to vary quite a bit. I do like it when the shoe colour virtually matches the skin colour, it creates an even longer leg effect than a "conventional" colour. Al

• 6 months later...

Personally I love to see the toes. I like the clear shoes, let's you see what's going in there. I also like the shooes that look like nothing is holding them on. I also like the nude color.

Natural is different from "nude". The term isn't racist either, it's just a colour like cerise or aquamarine. It is what we used to call beige but beige is supposed to be boring and nude is supposed to be exciting.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

SleekHeels made the point I would have made. Nude is a relative color term as the coloe it is referring to assumes one is from Northern European origin. Certainly someone from the Mediterranean region, the Middle East, Latin America, Africa, or South Asia will have a different idea of Nude. I do love that color for myself and have several pumps both peep-toe and not, and even more wedges where the primary color is "nude. I will however say that the not just the fashion industry but to a greater extent the advertising world ARE quite slanted WORLDWIDE toward lighter-skinned people. If the untrained observer were to judge Latin America by its billboards, tv commercials, and magazine covers then one might deduce, incorrectly, that the region is dominated by people as white as those in northern Europe. This even extends to the black community. It is a dirty little secret that light-skinned blacks are much preferred over dark-skinned ones be it the tv news anchors or those gracing the advertising media in the neighborhood. This seems to be a worldwide trend, not one I like since my wife is darker-skinned, but one that I have noticed continually over a long period of time. HappyinHeels