One thing leads to another

evoviii

I'd be interested to know if your interest in wearing heels was the origin of that interest, or did another "wearing" interest lead you to heels? For me, my origin was ladies watches. I discovered that at a very early age, perhaps with a pair of twin sisters I knew who wore the same watch; one sister the blue version and the other sister the red version. I discovered that not only do I like to look, but want to wear to experience what the lady "gets". Now I have well over 100 ladies watches. Easy to see, buy, store, wear, and even borrow. I have been interested in looking at heels for much longer than I can remember. Only about a year or two I discovered that I would like to wear, to experience what the lady "gets". And I was very concerned then that it would lead to wearing other lady things like skirts, nylons, blouses, handbags etc. to go with the shoes & watches. And it did lead to that; I enjoy a skirt and the hose to go with the heels and the watches. It does also still bother me that it could lead to something else, but for the moment it doesn't. It does also lead to the slow proliferation of what I am interested in tho.

I have loved stiletto heeled footwear for quite some time. First it was boots. Then I decided that I also wanted to wear pumps. This led to incorporating items of hosiery into my wardrobe. That's pretty much as far as I go. The rest of my clothing is male, although I do lookout for more trendy or interesting items of male clothing.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Crossdressing lead me to heels, but depends on the person how far your interests may grow. You could easily stop at heels. The thing is most things that are consider women only depend on each other to work out for the best. First you have heels which most wear with a trouser sock, nylons, or bare foot. And if you go bare foot with an open toed shoe nail polish is usually needed. Most male jeans aren't usually designed to show off a heel so then ladies jeans are need. And so on

Im my teen years ( 80's ) was when brands like WildPair, Rush Hour, Bakers and Fredericks really came to the forefront along with the leather mini skirt. I always loved the babes with the skirts and heels ( and big/mall queen hair ). Lace tops, fishnets, studded bracelets/belts .. Glam or Heavy Metal scene so to say. A short time after the turn of the Century, I wound up in a relationship with a woman whom was into Raves , all the PVC/Latex outfits. She used to dress up when we went out and for a halloween, we sort-of switched places. She actually liked the idea that I didnt care what I wore and that I was a guy whom would actually be able to walk a mile in her shoes. We often shopped together and she actually asked for my opinion on some things. We eventually parted ways and I wound up with all of her clothes. She went to a place where she wouldnt need them and afterwards ( we still converse once in a while ) she said to keep them/donate them/sell them.. I sold most of it but a lot of the shoes were still here. I started wearing the flats around the house and the UGG boots outside. Nobody really cared. When those were worn out or trashed, I started to wear the others ( with heels ) and actually came to liking them. Again, nobody cared. So.. I guess its all just a ' convenience ' thing that I have sort of grown with. One thing did lead to another in my instance. :unsure:

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Heels were definitely the origin for me. I only grew into wearing other stuff because it went better with the heels. Even today though, I'll always choose what shoes to wear (or the shoes will choose me!) and then try to build outfits around that... What!? You mean some people do it the other way around? :unsure:

If you like it, wear it.

rartist, Compelling question to be sure but I think the origins lie more in the desire to sample and enjoy the feminine side of outward appearance. I am, like you very partial to women's dress watches but also have dresses and skirts, heels of many styles mostly above 5.5", hose, wigs, earrings, and purses. It all has developed over the years. I don't worry about where it will lead as I'd never make the surgical change, I'm cool as a dude but like the freedom that going from one side of the aisle to the other affords me. I can tell you I tried on my first heel in 1971 and my first watch in 1976 so it has been a while! Thanks for asking! HappyinHeels

It does also still bother me that it could lead to something else, but for the moment it doesn't. It does also lead to the slow proliferation of what I am interested in tho.

Hopefully it will lead to man's fashion freedom and equal gender rights of self-expression.

Hi rartist, I started with high heels and my wardrobe has evolved from there. Over the years as I have developed my own style and my confidence grown I too have evolved into more feminine attire and accessories. Similar to what you say I have beem slowly evolving over 6-7 years and I find I just keep trying more and more stuff. I tried knee length skirts. I really enjoyed that look with little reaction out there. Before I knew it I had skirt suits as well as mens suits Lots of skirts and tops were in the wardrobe. Hosiery came next. Salon leg waxing for 5 years now Then mini skirts resulted from better legs! I do wear some lingerie. Thong briefs and italian bikini to avoid panty lines and half slips for unlined skirts. I occasionally wear suspended stockings so I'll wear a suspender belt. Pedicures for at least 2 years now Wearing ankle jewellery and a toe ring. Handbags 3 or 4 years back and I have many styles. Recently I have worn a few dress styles which I was nervous about as it was a boundary in my mind but I really enjoyed it. I wore my first mini-dress on St Patricks Day! I have some necklaces and bracelets. what next.... I am currently considering getting both an inside ankle tattoo and a foot tattoo - like the hollywood celebs. I am also considering getting my ears pierced. Cheers Heel-Lover

I started off with heels, and whilst I have dabbled with all sorts of feminine attire, I find that it is really just to compliment my heel wearing. I decided a while back that as my interest was purely in heels, then I would concentrate on my heeling rather than anything else. That said I do find that women's jeans are much better cut and suited to wearing heels if I am making a statement with my outfit

I've recently become ' pampered ' of sorts by my better half due to some weird circumstances. She put me in her silk/satin sleep ware and honestly.. Shes not getting it back! Its MINE now :unsure: How the hell did I ever sleep in those old scruffy cotton PJ's is beyond me!

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I've recently become ' pampered ' of sorts by my better half due to some weird circumstances. She put me in her silk/satin sleep ware and honestly.. Shes not getting it back! Its MINE now :unsure:

How the hell did I ever sleep in those old scruffy cotton PJ's is beyond me!

Silk/Satin sleepwear feels fantastic on freshly shaven skin.

So, If you haven't tried that yet. Do It!

You will love the feel.

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

If the mods will permit me to interject a link here for the benefit of this thread...

www.comfilon.com has sleepwear in nylon tricot (knitted nylon fabric) and sheer nylon. Find sleepwear in the left hand margin and click on it. It's a good quality source, made in USA.

Steve

If the mods will permit me to interject a link here for the benefit of this thread...

www.comfilon.com has sleepwear in nylon tricot (knitted nylon fabric) and sheer nylon. Find sleepwear in the left hand margin and click on it. It's a good quality source, made in USA.

Steve

Looks on topic, Thanks.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.