How did your parents/friends/partner take your heel wearing?

shinysoles

My friends all know I wear high heels and they are very accepting of me and my heel wearing. I haven't told my parents or siblings. I do have a plan however if they find out, simply tell them everything and field their questions. My parent are quite old and I have deemed them need to know for their own sake. I don't plan on coming out to them. If the situation arises I'll tell them straight out. Not a problem for me in the least. As Tech has said, why make it something that we need to talk about. I'll leave that to them.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

This subject surly has already been covered but not just quite this way. My mother never really found out. There was a girl that I use to hang with and she thought it was perverted so she never found out. Now it is a different story all those close to me know to some degree and the ones that approve see more of it. The owner of the shop where I hang out hates it so I keep it under cover with that dude. Lets see how this goes. Just to let everyone at the moment there are no replies. Lets see if I get spot #2

My biological father is no longer amongst the living. I dont think he would mind right now. My mother has other more important things to care about. Hmm.. the ' better half '? We met originally when I was out and about in heels. It was actually her idea and we went out as friends and things later developed from there. "As Tech has said, why make it something that we need to talk about. I'll leave that to them." .. and thats usually how it winds up. Theres a conversation and my name comes up ' Who? OH! The guy who wears heels.. ' and people remember who I am. Nobody cares what I wear on my feet and I really dont make a ' show ' of it. Its just ' what I choose to wear ', no big deal to me.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

When you first wore your high heels and maybe some feminine clothes, in front of your parents,friends or partner (or admitted to it),how did they handle it,good or bad?.

My mom was the first to know and she's pretty supportive. I recently came out on Facebook which was met with total silence. My niece said she thought it was cool, but I can tell that she's uncomfortable. My sister's comment to my niece was apparently that I was an idiot, but she hasn't said anything to me about it. I have a feeling that most people are very uncomfortable with it.

My current wife thinks that I look "hot" in heels, whether it be my platform boots, or the peep-toe mules I just ordered a few weeks ago. She is the only person, as far as family and personal friends, that knows I love wearing high heels. She pretty much likes me in any of the high heels I own.

(On a side note: I really appreciate this site and everyone's advice and all)

My niece said she thought it was cool, but I can tell that she's uncomfortable. . I have a feeling that most people are very uncomfortable with it.

This is something that I have noticed. So what is it that motivates them could it be envy. There was a day that I got together with a girl from the church that did not comment much when we went out but did a lot of bitching after and when I was finally able to find out what was the issue what it all came down to was that she thought that I was by far the better looking of the two of us.

This is something that I have noticed. So what is it that motivates them could it be envy. There was a day that I got together with a girl from the church that did not comment much when we went out but did a lot of bitching after and when I was finally able to find out what was the issue what it all came down to was that she thought that I was by far the better looking of the two of us.

I think most people just think it's embarrassing, like if you suddenly took your clothes of in the middle of the street. Also most people associate male heel wearing with a fetich and male sexuallity just seem to make people uncomfortable.

I think most people just think it's embarrassing, like if you suddenly took your clothes of in the middle of the street. Also most people associate male heel wearing with a fetich and male sexuallity just seem to make people uncomfortable.

Good point there.

We men are suppose be stuck with our vingers in the dirt looking rough and tough ready to take on the world to protect the female species :wavey:

ps I hate dirt hehe

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

I would disagree with that totally....

I think its down to "Not what you do, but how you do it"

If you go out looking like a dreadful drag act, a mini-skirted guy showing 99% shaved legs or the scruffy bag lady, then yes, it is embarrassing to say the least, for others...

Doing it like that gives the impression that either its a sexual thing, or your mentally disturbed. Mostly the latter if you look like you bought $100 shoes and got the rest of the outfit from the 99p shop and look a mess.. Then it says you have a shoe fetish, and thus again, makes others uncomfortable / embarrassed.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

The first person (my wife I dearly love) is the first one I told. She has been very supportive more than I expected. When my two step-daughters (20 & 17) and my niece found out they were equally supportive of my heel wearing. The big joke between my niece and myself is that she gets a bit jealous of the heel styles I buy and I have more than once given her pairs I might have just purchased for myself, but will let her have them.

Wife just before our marriage = ok no big deal but still not open in public (90% of the time. Youngest stepdaughter = fine but certain limits apply. My 5 kids 18-26 = fine / weird / whatever / do it. Wife's ex inlaws (mum/dad/2 bros+wives) = ok a bit weird, do what you want be yourself. My Mum & stepdad = "you always had a high arch" In general all the women are amazed and jealous of what I am regularly wearing and how I handle them. Al

I confessed to my wife one evening, several months after I had started wearing heels. She took it well, and actually found it cool. She even bought me a pair of thigh-boots for my birthday once. But we agreed that I would not wear them in front of the kids, and I don´t heel in public, so it´s very much a private thing that only the two of us know about.

Some days I'm still not sure where my wife is at regarding my heels. She was kinda fine with it when we went on vacation and I wore nothing but high heeled boots out and about. She is scared to death about me wearing them locally, and I can understand that. She doesn't want me to "freak the girls out" and/or "scar the daughters for life" even though I really don't think thats the case. My son has seen me in my boots when I'm out of town at his place - - - he ignores it. My parents - - - forgetaboutit - - You are not properly dress if your in jeans and a T-shirt. You wear that when your working in the garden or fixing your car. My mother has not had a pair of jeans since 1954, and I've only seen my old man in jeans maybe a half dozen times in 50 years - - - If I wanted to give them heart attacks, all I would have to do is show up in womens skinny jeans and a pair of peep toe platform slingbacks. Was kinda hoping my wife and I could get out for an evening on an upcoming trip to Niagara for a wedding. I've been told since we are taking the mother-in-law with us, I'm gonna have to behave. Brother-in-law is getting hitched in in New York since he can't at home - (Gay wedding) Mother-in-law has agreed to go up, but may not attend the service - only the reception. No heels on this trip. My sister - she would just think I'm weird. I'm to the point where 'frankly, I don't give a damned' - - If they don't like it, tough crap. Regardless, It's not gonna be a simple 'non-event' if I do get caught.