Men in heels.. in Music?

ilikekicks

I have a gig coming up for new years and was wondering what I was going to wear. We play mostly 80's music and I decided to just start plowing through old vinals and stuff and decided to take a look on youtube..

I found a could doozies.. Check this out..

The Voice of Metal and an Icon, Former Singer for Black Sabbath and one hell of a musician in his own right. Ronnie James Dio.. Check out the boots!

Granted, he was all of 5 foot 2 or 3 ( I think, he was short in statute, not in talent though! ).

Need I mention ' Kiss ' with their crazy platforms?

How about Prince?

It seems like a LOT of performing ' men ' have added a boost to their height over the years!

Any others you can think of?

-Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Motley Crue.. Bon Jovi...Poison.. I think there was a law that stated something like "All 80's hair-bands must wear boots with no less than 3 inch heels"...lol

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

OK heres a list, although i do believe a similar thread came up a while back....

Tony James and Martin Degville of Sigue Sigue Sputnik

David Bowie has been known to wear thin heeled mens shoes

New York Dolls

The Tubes

The Cramps (Lux Interior)

Elton John i believe has worn heels

Justin Tranter of Semi-Precious Weapons had some high heeled boots especially made for him by Stuart Weitzman

http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/gender-bending-styles-is-the-moot-the-next-hot-thing-for-men

im sure there are others.....

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

In the early 70's many of the musicians wore some sort of heels just like the rest of us.

High heels on many male musicians were very common during this time. Remember Tony Orlando and Dawn? Tony Orlando wore 4" to 5" block heels all of the time.