New Excuse for Wearing Heels

sscotty727

Wow! You would raise some eyebrows if you appeared at that same gas station wearing those red plats, hiheellover23! Very eye catching. :winkiss:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thank you all for the kind compliments and to answer your question it has been a while since I had worn them they require regular cotton tube socks to keep my ankle steady in the shoes. But I'm getting back into the swing of things I guess. Here is another pic I hope you guys might like. See ya.

Posted Image

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

I am drooling over the picture of your red plats while you're sitting on the stairs. Very sexy looking -- and so natural looking. How tall are you? Are those 7" heels? I've got a pair of black thigh highs with 7.5" heels and love wearing them. The red against the well cut jeans and your dark complexion is great! Do you wear heels out often?:winkiss::wavey:

To answer your question not as often as I should. Sometimes the day just comes when I'm in the mood to show off something and sometimes the boots comes to mind. I'm originally 5'11" and yes these are 7.5 inch platform ankle boots. But eventually I have to find some more outfits before I can get comfortable. How often do you where your thigh highs and heels? And what with??

I'm 5' 11" too! I usually limit my wearing of my 7.5" boots to indoor activities. Though the other day, while doped up on AMBIEN, my wife tells me I got booted up and went to play in our backyard:w00t2:. I remember very little of it. My street heeling is somewhat difficult -- small town USA and all. If going further away from home, I'll wear 4" chunky heel boots with no problem. At home, I'm often most comfortable barefooted. I've recently hit my 40's and keep wondering/hoping for a return of the 70's platforms. I was too young to participate in heel wearing back then. I'd love to see and be part of the resurgence of high-heeled men. :winkiss: Have you ever worn BED-STU shoes? They used to carry 2"-3" platforms, a step above Doc Martins. I wear them daily. I get compliments from guys all the time who want to know where to get them. Sadly, they've not been producing the higher soles like they did 2 years ago. Check them out on ebay. peace

Thank you William for the story. That's pretty wild you definitely have to be careful on the AMBIEN. Yes I had some BED STU shoes. But then I kind of felt like I needed to graduate to the 6 inch boots and later on the 7.5 inch boots. And have been stuck on them ever since.

how about this as an excuse for wearing heels: i have them and i want to...

I agree with you but at the time cuz I felt like it wasn't on my brain. At the time it felt like my excuse was what made sense. My philosophy is that if I wear my heels that the people that look........I will never see again, but then sometimes what if I actually do see these people again then what?? I have to be up front I do a lot of sport activities and I have a reputable reputation. So my excuse came up because I got nervous about the fact that some one who recognized me from wearing my heels would smear my name and then I would be looked at in a different light. Do any of you guys experience that, and if you do how do you deal with it??

...Do any of you guys experience that, and if you do how do you deal with it??

I know how you feel, and for that reason, I restrict my streetheeling to nights and out of town as I live in a smaller city.

Everyone has to make their own choice.

"Do any of you guys experience that, and if you do how do you deal with it??" I think you're raising an excellent question. For some, they've made their decision to let others think what they will, and screw the consequences. For others, myself included, I don't want to be defined by my choice of footwear. I don't want to miss an opportunity for friendship with a guy that sees me coming up the sidewalk in 6 inch heels -- who decides the moment he sees me, that I must be some sort of freak. That's not the reputation I want. Nor do I want to put any of my friends in the position of defending my friendship with them to their other friends. You could look at it this way, I don't cuss in front of children, I don't smoke at church, I don't drink with my conservative friends, I don't talk politics with my "extreme" friends, I put on a robe before answering the front door, and I don't wear heels in places with people who may be uncomfortable with my doing so. If I were in a career of a more artistic nature, I might have a very different wardrobe, have lots more piercings, and even have tatoos on my face, but I'm not and I don't. Out of town, with my wife or a small group of close friends, I wear heels. I love to get reactions. It's fun to be the center of attention. I walk well in them, I am extremely confident in my choices of what I wear and when. I'm a bit of a narcissist -- I love getting nods of approval from passers by. I love answering people's bewildered stares by giving them something to really look at. (My sexy wife has grabbed my ass in front of complete starngers that were caught off guard by seeing me in heels one time, and said, "HE'S ALL MINE!" That felt grrrreeeaaatt! I've felt up a guys friends on a bus (just for the fun of doing that in public) to get a reaction. Seriously, some would say I'm a bit of a deviant too. But I will not intentionally cross the line in front of children, nor put my friends in an uncomfortable position because of what I like to do with only a few close friends and my wife. Okay, I'm just rambling now. Please forgive me. I hope something I've said is helpful to you. Peace, William

Good answer William. Adding to that same question... I feel I have to dress more conservatively at work, I don't want to jeapordize a career I worked hard to have and since I have a family to support, I just feel its not appropriate to take those risks. I have tested some boundaries at work with women's jeans and a several times have worn androgynous looking 3" chunky heel round toe boots hidden under bootcut jeans. I feel pretty comfortable with that look, and know really no one notices. That is probably as far as I will go for work. Outside of work, I am nearly always wearing 4-5" heels that are quite a bit more obvious. Even in front of my kids, they seem used to the look and don't even ask me about it. :winkiss:

What about when the kids friends ask them, "Does your Dad wear high heels"? Kids are kids and I worked with them for 32 years. They told me a lot of family secrets without my asking. I used to tell the parents to believe only half of what the kids brought home from school, and I would believe only half of what the kids brought into the school. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Good answer William. Adding to that same question...

I feel I have to dress more conservatively at work, I don't want to jeapordize a career I worked hard to have and since I have a family to support, I just feel its not appropriate to take those risks.

I have tested some boundaries at work with women's jeans and a several times have worn androgynous looking 3" chunky heel round toe boots hidden under bootcut jeans. I feel pretty comfortable with that look, and know really no one notices. That is probably as far as I will go for work.

Outside of work, I am nearly always wearing 4-5" heels that are quite a bit more obvious. Even in front of my kids, they seem used to the look and don't even ask me about it. :winkiss:

I too wear men's boots with 3" heels to work and myself and co-workers are comfortable with the look. I also wear 4" & 5" high heels away from work. My workplace is too conservative to wear my 5" stiletto high heels into the office. Wearing high heels and especially in public is so much fun. But like anything and everything we do in life, you have to use good judgement. With as free-wheeling as I've become wearing high heels in public, I have to work a little to keep that good judgement in tact.