New Excuse for Wearing Heels

sscotty727

Research results like this are not new.

Have a look at http://www.shoelift.com/ who sell heel lifters and they refer to this.

They also say (though I couldn't find it again) that a high percentage of customers (30-40%) are indeed women.

_

I was thinking we should have a thread called,

"1001 reasons why men should wear heels"

Perhaps we have started it here.... :(

/I

/I

• 4 years later...

Actually it would be an interesting "experiment" to have someone wear heels or hidden-heels to their next job interview and see what happens.

I agree, it would buy alot of nice heels.

I have a nice job with great security and benefits, I just might do it for the right price... maybe one interview in a closed-toe pump, and one in an open-toed shoe...

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Man I wish this thread wasn't started...all I need is another excuse! Up until now, my main excuse was that I HATE to have empty space in my closet!:smile:

Ohhhh! So lame!

:thumbsup:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

What's up every body?? Today I made an excuse about my boot wearing today. I had went to the gas station to fill my car up with gas and I had my black 6 inch knee high platform boots on. Was kind of reluctant to walk outside until I said "to hell with it"! Got to walking to the register to pay for gas and no responses. Until I Went back to my car to fill up with gas. Then this guy came driving from across the street and was laughing and asked me "what the f@#$!" So I told him that I was breaking them in for a halloween party. Then he laughed and said awesome cuz those are going to be a real scare!!! I wasn't really sure how to take that. How do you think that statement would have been taken if you were in my position??

Here is the image of what I had on

Posted Image

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

Thanks again. I am trying to look at it that way but it also felt like a sign of sarcasm because I think from what he could see I could walk in them really well. So as far as breaking them in that might be a bit far fetched but what ever!!

It is hard to tell exactly what he meant with his comment. I would let it slide and see what comes in the future. As long as you are satisfied with them is all that counts. Wear them well and enjoy doing so. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

What's up every body?? Today I made an excuse about my boot wearing today. I had went to the gas station to fill my car up with gas and I had my black 6 inch knee high platform boots on. Was kind of reluctant to walk outside until I said "to hell with it"! Got to walking to the register to pay for gas and no responses. Until I Went back to my car to fill up with gas. Then this guy came driving from across the street and was laughing and asked me "what the f@#$!" So I told him that I was breaking them in for a halloween party. Then he laughed and said awesome cuz those are going to be a real scare!!! I wasn't really sure how to take that. How do you think that statement would have been taken if you were in my position??

Here is the image of what I had on

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b43/platform_boot_masta/my%20fav%20pics/IM000732.jpg

Those are some great high heels and you look great in them.

I think the guy is just jealous of you and your "halloween costume."

Thanks for sharing the picture.

I have to say I prolly would've laughed too! Tho I have no issues with the boots, the jeans look horrible. They don't give you any shape at all and then they tapper. Better fitted jeans, something in a slim thigh to a bootcut or flare cuff would make a world of difference!

Breaking them in?! Are you kidding me? I guess you might have felt like you needed to explain yourself. You could have said, " I lost a bet." I probably would have said, "Oh, the boots? Yeah, they raise my f..kability quotient. You should be so lucky!" You ought to be ready to be just as daring in your response to someone who is as daring to make the first comment. BTW, if you're going to wear boots like that, you need tighter pants! Have fun!!!:winkiss:

this guy came driving from across the street and was laughing and asked me "what the f@#$!" So I told him that I was breaking them in for a halloween party. Then he laughed and said awesome cuz those are going to be a real scare!!! I wasn't really sure how to take that. How do you think that statement would have been taken if you were in my position??

Those are some bold boots (for a guy or gal), but I agree with newfie in a way, some better fitting jeans (stretch / boot cut are my preference) to go with those heels would help pull off the look.

Anyway, I have not had a such negative reaction yet, and not sure I would handle it as smoothly as you did, but you did well on that response. :winkiss:

The guy was probably some idiot redneck with a narrow mind and nothing better to do than harass people.

Well thank you all again for the kind responses. And as far as the comeback, sometimes I'm not that quick on my feet. But I guess if I'm going to wear heels I guess I'm going to have to work on that!!! And I apologize for the bad picture (to those that disliked it) here is a picture I hope that makes up for it. Hope you guys like.

Posted Image

yeah and hhboots you were right he did look like a redneck!!