vikki

vikki

Hello and welcome vikki. You'll get no argument from me on that matter.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Welcome vikki, sounds like you definitely have the high-heel bug and loving it! Do post and let us know your favourite styles and what you look for in a pair of heels.

( Ughhh, that word "tech" is so informal and cold... someone didn't get their cookies yesterday :) )

If you like it, wear it.

:speechless:not knowing anyone i didn't really know what to put tech. we are far from cold. just private.xx

Sorry, I didnt mean cold in a relationship, was just referring more to the "informal" way to talk about a significant other half... Seems to be becoming all too common lately that people refer to their significant other, as just "partner"... Seems a bit too business like for a relationship..

What ever happened to people being able to simply say Boyfriend/Girlfriend/Husband/Wife, regardless of orientation..

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Hello Vikki, greetings from England, and I hope you enjoy the rapturous welcome! If you want to use the word partner, go ahead. It's a convenient expression and of course satisfies some of the PC brigade, although I don't think many on this board worry two hoots about that. Can you imagine... We shouldn't use the word 'stiletto' because it might offend the Italians who use it as a weapon. 'Platforms' might offend the railway companies who have trademarked the word and are considering suing the shoe companies for unlawful use of the term. 'Court shoes' offends the tennis governing bodies because it might cause confusion over the footwear at Wimbledon and lead possibly to distress and hurt feelings among the ball boys - er, children, er persons (just in case some of the female boys are young adults). So go ahead and tell us all about the wonderful footwear you partners in shoes both indulge in, and make us thoroughly jealous about the mutual pleasure you enjoy.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

Hello Vikki, greetings from England, and I hope you enjoy the rapturous welcome! If you want to use the word partner, go ahead. It's a convenient expression and of course satisfies some of the PC brigade, although I don't think many on this board worry two hoots about that.

Can you imagine... We shouldn't use the word 'stiletto' because it might offend the Italians who use it as a weapon. 'Platforms' might offend the railway companies who have trademarked the word and are considering suing the shoe companies for unlawful use of the term. 'Court shoes' offends the tennis governing bodies because it might cause confusion over the footwear at Wimbledon and lead possibly to distress and hurt feelings among the ball boys - er, children, er persons (just in case some of the female boys are young adults).

So go ahead and tell us all about the wonderful footwear you partners in shoes both indulge in, and make us thoroughly jealous about the mutual pleasure you enjoy.

Hahahahaha!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hello vikki and welcome to this forum :-)

I agree with Tech. For me a "partner" is more like a business partner.

You may want to use the term Sigificiant Other or S/O ?

And I agree with you. There is something "special" about heels for sure...

Aww no. I'd rather use the term Partner than SO. Even "other half" makes me cringe. Why not "soul mate"? Or in our world "sole mate"? even if it does sound like we don't have any other friends!

Welcome to the forum anyway!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Vikki, Nice to have you and your partner join us at the HH place. I am fine with calling the other half -"partner" since that is what I do too. Enjoy the site and I look forward to hearing more about you and your adventures. Mtnsofheels